Lets talk '12

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by RyanC, Jun 8, 2011.

1. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Since the dynasty mode has been pretty much explained I figure now is as good a time as any to have a discussion about next years dynasty

How do we feel about Coaching Carousel? Custom Playbooks? Do we want set conferences or our current setup? etc.

I will say I would be all for a Coach Carousel where we would start out at small schools and work our way up.

And as far as Custom Playbooks, I would love them as an aspiring coach, but you would have to notify the rest of the members, and I think a description of the offensive style and a list of the formations would be necissary to keep away cheese

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Big thing for me is having max number of user games possible. we don't all need to be in the same conference but we should get in a lot of user games. this year I only had three user games and that is horrible. i have six weeks of cpu games until clay and i play for the season finale. that is too much cpu logic for me.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'm sorry you only have 3 user games this year :) But scheduling for 12 teams can be a bitch :) I'll try to do better next season.

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yeah, well I understand you're busy learning how to rehab turf toe injuries for your running backs so i forgive you!

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

As for 12, I think coaching carousel should be turned on. I also believe one of the nice features on this league is that you've been able to play with whatever team you want. From what I've heard of CC, I think we should still be able to still do both. You would be able to start at the bottom and eventually work your way up to your favorite team or top team. Or if you favorite team is Clemson you could just start at the bottom and stay there...... If you jumped right in to a school like Alabama, you would have a lot of pressure to win championships from the very beginning or get fired.

For me I think I would like to start next year with Pitt. Starting with a low tier school does seem interesting, but my the time I would get to Pitt, their current players would be gone.

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I wouldn't mind turning CC on possibly. I'm gonna run with and stay with Clemson b/c like you said, by the time you get promotions and to your school of choice, if you get to them, they might be a watered down CPU recruited team.

Also, I'm not sure how you would monitor CC and not just have people jumping teams without legit job offers. It may be possible, I just don't know.

7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I believe you can only go to schools if you receive a legit offer. I would love using CC to earn a job with VT by showing off my offensive prowess lol

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Right, but how would I monitor if it is or isn't a legit offer. The way it is setup now, if the commish allowed it, players can change teams within the dynasty. By that I mean, the commish isn't the only one with the ability to switch a users team.

9. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I think with CC on it only goes by contracts, so users wouldn't be able to switch teams at will. I'm not sure 100%, but that can be easily figured out within the first week or so while waiting for rosters to show up

10. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

i think we're just going to have to wait to get our hands on the game to see how it all works. it seems like you cant just switch teams anymore though if CC is turned on (that would make the most sense). but i'd be down for a coaching carousel dynasty. im not sure if you are the OC of a team and you have a user game in online dynasty, if then you'd control defense as well or if the other guy would just be playing the cpu?

also to get more user games you could mess with the conferences, or just make everyone an independent - believe i read you could have up to like 32 independent schools.

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

You control both sides in user games when you are OC/DC

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Man I'm pumped after reading more reviews of the improved zone coverages, no more defenders warping to the ball, no defenders mirroring routes and making breaks before WR do, and apparently defenders can't begin a tackle animation if they are turned away from the ball carrier. So if you have an agile running back, a la cj spiller, you are going to be making some serious highlight reels!!!

13. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

If zone is really this improved, it is going to be very fun and exciting to call a 4-3 cover two and just sit back waiting for the opposing quarterback to either make the right reads, scramble or get eaten alive by the DL. If it is really as improved as some reviews are saying, recruiting pass rushing linemen is going to be a huge priority.

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I will probably changing my team for 12. I might end up with ND in the experience.

15. pnc

pnc Walk On

Are we limiting the number of team stars you can start with?

16. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

17. pnc

pnc Walk On

ok. thanks

18. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

WOW look at this gameplay footage. The motion and fluidity of the game is nice but if that is South Carolina's playbook for 12, I will definitely be switching from Syracuse to Carolina's book!

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Omg!!!!!!!!

20. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

feel free to "like" the post there Cocky! :D

21. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Lol
    When I get to a computer

22. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

does that playbook and formations not look sick bro?! I mean talk about a wide open but balanced offense. I'm going to enjoy using it to beat you next season!

23. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Bahahaha you're a comedian.