Lets talk football in Madden?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sauk, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Sauk

Sauk Guest

Lets talk football in Madden?

Okay so I thought I would start a thread and ask a serious question,

How to stop the slant...Anyone have any advice on this?

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Hit up Coach Gaddy for a scrim to get all-star defensive tips. I can show you how to make the rams a force with the talent you already have in place.

3. Sauk

Sauk Guest

i hear ya Coach.

I have issues stopping the slant, period. Any advice you would throw my way is welcomed.

Also Running back in the flat, any advice there as well?

Hit me up on PM if you don't want to post here

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Let me look over your roster and I will send you a PM with some tips.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I've never had a problem covering the slant. In fact I think its been run against me .05% of the times i've played online of about 250 games.

I would say press obviously, I would think zone would force more misfires and drops by hits when defending the slant. I think man coverage in this game is a sin.

As far as the RB in the flat I suggest a cover 2. Quickly switch to the guy nearest to the ball after he throws to the flat and just tackle. Cover 3 press might also do it. Never really had a problem with that either.

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Mustang gave some good info. If they are running alot of slants run a zone d and press your coverage. I think a zone cover two would help with both slant and flats as you have three guys in zone coverage over the middle as well as a CB in the flats on either side. User your mlb and if he throws to the flats switch to your CB. Also I have found DB contain out of the DIME formation is pretty good for covering the flats. Keep in mind if you do run cover 2 zone, RB screens hurt unless you read them fast enough.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Perhaps, if folks want to throw some questions I could do a segment on a podcast involving it. Something like Madden 101, with experts answering questions posted by other owners.

My question for people to answer: other than allowing another person to play my games that is better, how can I win with Chiefs?

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

From our scrimmage I saw a couple of easy things that would help you out. . .but we play in 2 weeks so I'll wait ;) haha

9. gatornation0620

gatornation0620 Will the Bucs go 0-16?

Have a serious task at hand, how am I going to stop Moss, remember this the bucs. Also, how do I set up my audibles before gametime?