Let's Talk-Interceptions

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by DC, Oct 7, 2014.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

This isn't a thread to spark slider talk etc. It is just to peak interest and spark conversation. As I was going through stats I noticed the large amount of interceptions being thrown even by the top passers in the game. What do you guys think is the problem? Is it us? Is it the game? Our play styles? I will let you be the judge. Let's talk. Interception Research.PNG

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Coverage is too good. There should honestly be even more INTs - there are many dropped a game.

Especially on deep balls.. if its 1v1 the CB has a much greater shot of getting the pick than the receiver.

Brandon Browner had 3 picks all in the 4th quarter against the Jets. Dude caught every pass thrown his way. Ran routes better than WRs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    90% of mine are me making bad decisions. I've had numerous that have bounced off defenders faces too that should have been picked. Interceptions are high every year and its generally because people are forcing throws or generally making bad decisions, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I think as season move along the number of picks will lower. The longer u have the game the better u begin to read defenses and slow down on the mistakes. It seemed that way on Madden 25 to me

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Unless you have a WR with SPC (AJ GREEN, DEZ BRYANT) ...id be scared to throw deep. But i agree somewhat. Passing scares me...I only do it if i have to.

6. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I disagree whole heartedly on the deep balls, especially if you user the WR. Deep balls are generally low percentage plays, not something you should be doing as a majority of your offense. You take shots when they're open not because your WR "should" catch it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I will say this...if you run the skills trainer once a week....you will see a BIG difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea bad decisions are crucial. Ill be chugging along making good reads. Then BAM the one bad read...INT , prolly for a TD lol

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

sans my last game against the Saints, NeuroticTruth

• Like Like x 2
  10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

If it is 1 on 1 deep with no safety, it's worth throwing. QBs do it all the time in the NFL. 3 quarters of the time it's an interception in madden.

Never said I or anyone else did it the majority of their offense or that they should catch every ball, just saying the most likely result is an interception.. much higher than the WR catching it - even when usering.. unless maybe it's Megatron or an elite WR.

The interception numbers don't lie, man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I feel like in the beginning of the year the INTs were much higher in terms of CPU controlled defenders making plays. The changes that we're made along the way have opened things up / improved things greatly in this regard, atleast to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I wouldnt qualify you just arbitrarily saying its an interception 75% of the time as being proof. Also, how many of those deep ball interceptions should have never been thrown in the first place? I would venture to guess the majority of peoples interceptions dont come on deep balls, it comes from them forcing throws trying to make plays. I can tell you the majority of mine (outside of week 1) came from out routes / corner routes where I misread or mistimed the throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

ALOT of mine come from out routes and the CB jumping the flat. I'd even venture to say 80% of them were in the flat. Which have resulted in more than a few INT-TDs for my opponent

14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Never said I had proof - I was sharing my opinion. That's what this thread is for. Never said the majority come on deep balls either. Just saying that the majority of deep balls end up being picks. Not sure what you are arguing lol

15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah the sideline routes are brutal if you mistime them.

16. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    You literally just said that the majority of deep balls are picked and that "the numbers dont lie", but ok.

17. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I am not at the top of the list wooooooooooooooo

18. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Saying that the majority of deep balls are picked is not the same as saying the majority of picks come from deep balls lol

19. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Go back and re-read your post then. The way you worded it sure made it sound like that was the point you were making, lol.

20. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

To you, maybe ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Mine are a combination of alot of things which all Boil down to bad decisions. I don't trust my defense or running game and when I get behind I force passes. I just need to settle in to a rhythm and stop trying for 6 play drives

• Like Like x 1
  22. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Honestly the numbers look consistent with the last few Madden released to me. What Rhight said is pretty accurate that they should come down some as the release progresses but probably not a ton. Decision making coupled with the fact that we have some users who are excellent defensively is going to lead to an increased number of interceptions. If those were the numbers and everyone only user controlled defensive lineman, I might be alarmed. As is though, I dont think its cause for concern right now (just my opinion).

23. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I did throw a pick last night though where I pressed the wrong button. Instead of throwing it to an open receiver I was literally staring at Mogriffjr usering a LB over the middle defending a WR and threw it right at him. Guess that can be labeled as a bad decision.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I am POSITIVE I am not the only one who has done that. Subliminally pressing the button I am staring at that is totally not-open.

• Agree Agree x 1