Lets Talk Team Draft Version 2

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by redlishus, Aug 6, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Since I won the second pick in the team draft, no one has inquired as to which teams I am interested in selecting. I have decided to put together a short list to share with all of you. This is just based on what I know right now, and could obviously be impacted as rosters, salary cap situations, and player ratings become known.

I will not be making my official selection until I have the game in hand and have had a chance to examine the finalized roster more closely (and no, I will not have the early release pass to expedite this process).

Feel free to share your thoughts on these or other teams, and without further ado:

Redlishus' Short List

Washington Redskins – Interest Level: Very High

Thoughts:

- Obviously everyone knows I am very secretive die-hard skins fan.

- Besides that fact, this is actually a promising young team with which to begin a franchise. You have the rookie QB RGIII. What else do you need to build a team around? A young, stud QB is a no brainer if you ask me.

- The offense also features a lot of wide receivers. I know they signed a bunch of them, I think.

- The defense has a good duo at cornerback along with a stud OLB. Can't argue with a team with a stud OLB.

- While promising, this team lacks picks which would help with the building process.

- I’ve never used the Redskins in Madden, maybe it’s time for a change. ​

Giants – Interest Level: Very High

Thoughts:

- Have the elite the QB that is desired.

- I like me WR's and this team has the best group. Nicks and Cruz need I say more? Add Rueben Randle, Jerrel Jernigan and Domenik Hixon makes for a scary group.

New Orleans Saints – Interest Level: High

Thoughts:

- I need a stud TE that can stretch the field and also get a me a first down when needed. A big target with freakish athletic ability. This team has it in Jimmy Graham.​
    - Also has the desired QB to get that stud TE the ball. ​
    - Not real high on this WR group.

I haven't mentioned much about defense. I am fairly confident I can build a defense through the draft and FA. All I really need is a great OLB, maybe an aging but good DB combined with a good CB and a young and deep DL. The rest can be built I believe. ​

Well, there's my list. I reserve the right to add or remove teams from this list at any time ;)
    (Thanks Jim for doing all the heavy lifting on this post....)​

• Like Like x 1
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

That's it......I'm taking the Packers. :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Redskins have no 1st round picks in the next two years, just an FYI

4. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

if you dont i will.

5. redlishus

I know. I mentioned it.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

the mention was vague so I wasn't sure if you knew how bad it was.

RGIII better not disappoint.

7. redlishus

As was my entire post. Clues abound...

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

The clue is that you are not interested in any of your short list.

Enjoy Rodgers and Co. You definitely deserve them...

• Like Like x 1
  9. redlishus

Good thing for you guys. The 2 teams I'm leaning towards are available in the demo. Should have a pretty good grasp which way I'll go.

10. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I still dont beleive it Troy!!! After all the shitty teams you have gotten every year because of your last's picks, I dont see you continuing the trend picking those 2 shitty teams from the NFC East:eek: . You better pick your team or an elite team, cuz we tired of hearing you complaint how bad your luck is :( and you getting shitty teams...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. redlishus

Loving the giants so far. Leaning towards them. Decent cap space at 4.5mil with some tradeable more expensive players.