Letter from Dewiel about the GC program...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Sep 15, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    This letter was posted at NCAA Strategies but I think it's applicable here too and wanted everyone to read it.

"I made a few posts over at OS about this and was asked why I did not make it here so I figured I'd drop my thoughts here as well.

To be clear, no letter was deleted from the NCAA Football Facebook page. I'm the only one who manages the page and I never deleted it. The only posts that have been deleted and will continue to be deleted are the ones that contain contact information for members of the dev team.

I've also spent numerous hours reading your forum and we had two members at the community events this year who also post here on your site. Kwizzy pointed this earlier, but I want to mention it again. We do not ask anyone to hold back feedback, just say positive things, or anything along those lines. That's not what the Game Changers program or our community events in general are about. These guys come in here with TONS of notes and items directly from your forum, TGT, Tradition Sports Online, and numerous other sites. I tell them from the moment they arrive to not hold back any punches and the only thing they are told is that if they were to give us only positive feedback then the events would be pointless and they wouldn't be brought back. That's how things are and that's how they will continue to be. I'm always looking for guys to bring in who can provide the best feedback on the game WITHOUT taking personal shots at the development team. That's where I draw the line and the only issue that I've had in the past with some of the posters here. You guys post great feedback and I lurk here all the time colelcting your reactions and passing it along to the team. Some of our dev team members lurk here too. You guys can easily say all of your frustrations without taking shots at Ben and other members of the team. If you are unhappy with the game and have issues, please let us know. There's just not a need to take a personal shot. Kwizzy, JHCross, OneBack, and several other guys that post here do it all the time. I've also seen your letter on every site that it has been posted and the feedback has been passed along. The one thing I can tell you guys right now is that Ben and the team are literally working around the clock to address all of the issues that the NCAA Community has ran into.

I'm all for building community. My request for this site is to stop the personal attacks and just provide the feedback. It's just an ask and you guys are free to do what you want, but going after other sites like TGT and the Game Changers program isn't doing anything to build community. It's just driving a bigger wedge into it. We all have the same goal and that's the best college football game ever made. Your feedback will always play a role in that. I just hope that it stops coming at the expense of personal attacks towards others.

I'd also like to point out that we've set up a direct feedback email alias where any community member can send feedback right to the team. It's EASPORTSNCAAFootballFeedback@ea.com. You can also PM me directly here with any information that you'd like to pass along and I'm also available on twitter at www.twitter.com/jdewiel. The one thing I can promise you is that ANY and all feedback that you pass along through these channels will be sent directly to the proper members of the development team.

Thanks for taking the time to ready through this.

Justin Dewiel
    EA SPORTS Community Manager"
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Feb 10, 2009
    Personal attacks on the developers are childish.......
  3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    Dewiel - I know you come over here sometimes and if you're reading this - thank you for saying what needed to be said. Thank you for doing your part to make NCAA the best game it can be.

Ryno - appreciate you posting this.
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    It's a crying shame that this letter had to even be written....

I will be making personal visits Jay & Silent Bob style on these people

• Like Like x 4
  5. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

Jun 29, 2011
    I'm sure the developers understand the want made by this letter. But of course EA deleted it from their company forum because they want nothing to hinder sales, which is standard and understandable in itself...they did delete it, but I havent looked again yet and heard someone put another letter on the site
  6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    I have an open letter response to EA:

"Dear EA, it's nice to hear you are 'working around the clock', but we are nearing a month since the patch and tuning pack were released that were supposed to correct the numerous issues with this years game with more issues with this game than ever. Let's count where we are at as of today:
    • Transfer failed glitches - still happening at a pace consistent with what was happening before the patch - check!
    • Transfer failed in bowl games - fixed for about 7-10 days, but OD's are getting hit with them again - check!
    • Disconnects in user games still happening at record numbers between people who prior to this years game never had issues connecting - check!
    • No huddle still broken since the tuning pack - check!
    • Custom playbooks - broken by tuning pack but supposedly corrected. I'll give them a pass, but many (including myself) are not willing to try using them for fear that they are causing one of the issues above.
    It would be nice to hear some communication of any kind, aside from a letter that promises that efforts are being made, to indicate to the community that obviously loves these games (to our own detriment) that you have a plan in place to correct these issues, or even a timetable on when any fixes at all (even small ones) may be coming, would be helpful and appreciated. At this point, I think many of us would even be fine if you just said 'screw it, we have no idea, and we're moving on to NCAA 2013'. At least then we'd know something."

I needed to vent after yet another night of multiple user game disconnects, various transfer failed issues, etc, etc. If Ryno/Drifter want to delete this, c'est la vie. This game has turned into a blight on sports video games and has completely removed any confidence I have in EA as a company. Heck, at this point it won't surprise me to see them screw up a non-sports game like Mass Effect 3.
  7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Jun 22, 2011
    Completely agree. I'm psych'd about Battlefield 3...then I see the EA logo on the box and wonder if i'll be getting a game that I can play longer than a few weeks without it failing. Such a fun game has turned into complete failure. All they had to do in patch 1 was fix their servers to stop the transfer failed issue and fix the game instability (freezes and DC's). THREE problems and we'd have a very good game.

2+ months later, we have the same 3 problems...PLUS no huddle broken, playbook issues, etc...I wonder if they're doing this on purpose, as to say, we're the only crack dealer in town, and we're lacing it with mercury...to kill you slowly one sniff at a time. Soon, enough people will stop dealing with the dealer, they won't come back next year, and he'll be selling to no one. Pretty poor business model IMO. What do you say EA? Fairly accurate analogy?

PS. How are those band placements coming along for '13?
  8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Sooooooo..... whats the ETA on Patch 3? :cool:
  9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Jayrah over in After Midnight posted this today:

From justin dewiel today:

Dewiel said:
    Hey Everyone,​

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.​

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).​

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.​

If you are experiencing this issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:​

Name of Dynasty:​

Gamertag/PSN ID:​

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:​

Number of users in Dynasty:​

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:​

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):​

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,​
    Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):​

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):​

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.​

So basically, another patch is coming, that apparently will fix the no huddle. But EA sure doesn't sound like they are any closer to figuring out the transfer failed and other issues plaguing this years game.

That'll give you the warm fuzzies on a Wednesday morning, huh?
  10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    He also posted here.