Letter of Apology

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by Dasher13, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

Wanted to apologize to the entire league for my actions. I was recently made aware that I was ruining the fun of the league for everyone which was not my intent. I just love to play madden. I never tried to cheat or glitch anyone. I've won games and I've lost games but it's all in good fun and good competition. My compromises were worthless and I have been excused of my duties with Oakland. I had high playoff hopes and was looking forward to facing some of you in the playoffs.

To the steelers. We had a great game. You beat me and your undefeated and I would have loved another crack at you. Best of luck in the playoffs.

To the chiefs. The conference was boiling down to a big showdown for that playoff spot. Would have been fun. Hope you make a deep run in the playoffs.

To the commissioners. I am sorry for ruining your fun. Was not the goal and I'm sorry for what I did.

Hope you all have a good time with this league and thank you for the opportunity.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

because of the number of times you was conference with the head commish i thought i could save you but it was to late you seem to have great stick skills but no sim skills and you need to work on that but overall i think you are a great guy and we wish you the best and hopefully have you back in the future

3. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

Well I think it was a misunderstanding. I was told that I could have the rushing record but Pryor couldn't break the passing record. Mid game I checked my stats and saw Pryor had 300" yards I messages xwarriormonk and told him I was benching Pryor and he said ok. So I figure Carson could do whatever because I haven't played a single snap with him. I'm just a Pryor fan lol

4. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

but you should've toned it down you know people was watching you it wasnt about the running the ball but 600 yards passing you never see that on sunday

5. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

Your right. But I didn't want to be unrealistic and punt every play and I didn't want 300 on the ground. I was trying my best to preserve the record. I was even going to sit Pryor for 2 games and McFadden for 3

6. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

Specifically my computer games I was going to rest starters.

7. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

My goal was preserving every record minus rushing. McFadden broke that record by like 15 yards my plan was to leave it at that

8. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

well talk to troy if he lets you stay then i am cool with it but its his call

9. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

Thank you. I will

10. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

11. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

breaking the rushing record in 13 weeks u know something is wrong there :(

12. Corey C.

Corey C. Walk On

yeah, or Darren McFadden is just a beast!!!

13. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

McFadden is a beast though. He has 97 speed 94 trucking

14. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

yea hes great and wouldn't care if he broke the record but at wk 13. In 4 games he ran for over 250 yards at some point u have 2 remember this league is sim and just bench him at least at 200 i mean no RB will ever run for 434 yards in 1 game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dasher13

Dasher13 Walk On

16. GodsGiftWPS

GodsGiftWPS Banned

Yeah well the real Darren McFadden is an injury prone HB who can't stay on the field. His career high for rushing yards in a season is 1157 over 13 games in 2010.

Meanwhile you have a QB breaking every passing mark in the NFL from a guy (Pryor) who will never even start in this league (I'm not talking junk Week 17's or 1/2 string QB's both go down).

• Like Like x 1
  17. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

You certainly have some stick skills. I can attest to that from our game. I think if this were a full league with less cpu games, things would have been different. I know personally I've had to punt numerous times to keep from stat whoring against the cpu.

With the off-season coming up, hopefully we can add some coaches and keep situations like this from happening.

18. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

What the hell happened? He is leaving the league because he broke records? I get that it's not "sim" to break records early in the year but I don't see people complaining about Cameron Wake getting the sack record what 2 weeks ago???

I get the concerns for beating up the CPU for padding stats is bad but I'd rather someone do that vs the CPU than vs another user. We all play on the same difficulty and sliders who cares. As long as the users aren't complaining about how gameplay, lets keep the raiders owner in the league. He just needs to take it easy on the CPU.

19. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

OK OK OK, Let me clear the air......hes not GONE. (sorry dasher for not getting back to you till now)
    CV.... dasher has done the following. Not only broke records, but SHATTER them after 3 previous warnings. After those three warnings the game against the CPU that he had he won 63-35....scoring 28 points in the fourth quarter. I have also gotten complaints from other coaches aabout sim play all year.

With all of this said, i know dasher WANTS to be here. so Dasher....tomorrow, you and i are going to play a game.... ill point out what im not ok with concerning your gameplay. Im going to have you bench Mcfadden and Pryor. ( Only because i dont want the rushing record broken by 500 yards) I think that your good enough to be good with your back ups.....

Everyone ok with this?

20. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Lol there are clear reasons not to cheese the computer McFadden will now almost certainly win MVP and gain the XP bonus associated with that along with all the other accolades

21. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

I have punishments in place for mcfadden

22. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

Yeah, I'd hate to lose more users. We all know people are going to drop once the NFL season ends. We need as many users as we can get.

How many CPU games did he even have. And to those users who played him, If he is killing you with all the yards, SLOW THE GAME DOWN. Thats what I do. Luckily I haven't played any useres in this league that try to run up the score, but when I do, I don't pick my offensive play until 15 seconds on the game clock, and on defensive play calling, I don't select my play until the clock is at the last moment. I find that this annoys the other users and throws them off their game.

23. Corey C.

Corey C. Walk On

i understand the unrealistic stats against the computer but you can't bring real world variables into a video game. like how McFadden gets hurts alot and how pryor can't really throw. you shouldn't have to play down to what those quarterbacks really play like. Thats just unfair.

24. Corey C.

Corey C. Walk On

he just needs to tone it down a little, run some clock instead of going full throttle the whole game

25. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

@Corey C I completely agree, but we do have some new guys thy need to make sure they are paying attention to their sim play. It's not so much about Pryor as it is mcfaddens crazy rushing record. I want to this t be a GAME but with mike Goodson (his backup) having 29 attempts all year just shows that he needs to spread the ball around