Liberty Ball: A 2k11 76ers Association Story

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by Bucs, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG]

Assoc Settings:
    82 Games
    D-League Games Off
    Trade override off
    Trade Deadline On
    Team Chem On
    Progressive Fatigue On
    Quarter Length 9 Minutes (Subject to Change)
    Sim Quarter Length 9 Minutes(Subject to Change)
    GamePlay Settings:
    Pro difficulty, everything else is default as well. (subject to change)

The Philadelphia 76ers ownership tired from years of mediocrity sold the team today to a new management group. The first thing the group did was to hire 3 brand new scouts all at "A" level. "The Goal of this organization is now championship, not playoffs, and that starts with acquring the right people and the right players. We believe Coach Collins can get the job done for now, and as long as he shows results on the floor he has our confidence."

The new GM wasted no time and immediately made big waves with a flurry of trades right before the season.

76ers Trade: Thaddeus Young,Jrue Holiday and 11 First round pick
    Bulls Trade: Joakim Noah

Needed an athletic rebounding center to go next to Elton Brand, the price may have been a little high but I did not like either young or Holiday

76ers Trade: Spencer Hawes, Darius Songaila
    Magic Trade: Jameer Nelson, 11 First round pick.

Jameer has proven he can be a starting point in Orlando, and the only reason he was traded was because of the Magic acquisition of Gilbert Arenas, we hope he can show he has still got it here in Philly

76ers Trade: Andres Nocioni
    Cavs Trade: Jamario Moon,Ryan Hollins

Jamario Moon is good on the fast break and can get to the basket and draw fouls, he adds some nice depth at the 4,3,and 2 spots. Ryan Hollins was simply thrown in to even out numbers.

76ers Trade: Ryan Hollins, 12 2nd Round Pick
    Kings Trade: 12 2nd round pick

Got rid of a guy i didnt want and swapped draft picks with the kings, hopefully we can get a higher pick, if not we got rid of a contract we didnt want.

76ers Trade Louis Williams , 12 2nd round pick
    Grizzlies Trade: Hasheem Thabeet, 1st Round Pick

Thabeet is a project but we feel with some work he can be a presence and will force offensive players to think twice before driving.

76ers Trade: Marreese Speights
    Heat Trade: Mario Chalmers, Carlos Arroyo

The heat get a big man with potential and we get a couple serviceable point guards to go along with Jameer Nelson and add depth to our bench.

2. Bucs

Final Roster

Starting 5

PG-Jameer Nelson- Decent Point with the ability to hit the outside shot, guard on the perimeter and has a great basketball IQ. He will split alot of time with PG's Carlos Arroyo and Mario Chalmers.

SG- Evan Turner- This rookie Shooting guard can do a little bit of everything and will start right away in the 2 spot. Selected 2nd overall the sixers hope he is their future franchise player

SF- Andre Iguodola-Excellent guarding the perimeter can hit the outside shots and can get to the basket, he has lead the team since the departure of A.I. and he will be a big part of our success

PF- Elton Brand-The Vet on the team, will be called upon to rebound and take high percentage shots, rumors that he could possibly be traded seeing as he has a big contract that eats up alot of cap.

C- Joakim Noah- A defensive presence on the inside, he will lead the front court for the Sixers, if he plays up to his potential he could have an all star year.

Sixth Man:

PG- Mario Chalmers, looking for a new start here in Philly, hes a great defender and if he can improve his inside shooting he will be the future point guard.

Role Players:

PG-Carlos Arroyo- The Puerto Rican sensation is now in his 30s but he can provide solid play off the bench and still quarterback a team.

SF- Jamario Moon- He will come in and do many things off the bench and will see time at 2,3, and 4. He will be the swiss army knife for us and hopefully give us a spark.

SF Jason Kapono- a 3 point assassin, thats all we need him to do is hit his open shots, we can either trade him or just let his 1 year contract expire, a win win.

C- Hasheem Thabeet- Our project player, we are going to throw him out early and often and see what he can do for us, he should be a great shot blocker and reboudner with his size,he needs to improve athletically though.

SG- Jodie Meeks- The Jury is still out, the only reason he is still on the team is that we couldnt find a decent trade. If he comes in and plays well great, if not then he is only on a one year deal and we part ways at the end of the year.

Bench Warmers

PF- Craig Brackins

C- Tony Battie

3. Bucs

[​IMG] 83
    [​IMG] 85

The 76ers opened the season against Miami Thrice who are favorite to represent the East in the Finals this year. It would be a true measuring stick of a game for philly. They came out in the first and quickly fell behind 21-11 with Evan Turner scoring 9 of their 11 points. They would rally in the 2nd quarter with a great performance by Jamario Moon who put up 10 points and would head to the half only down by 3 but feeling good about being able to hang.

The 2nd half opened and while the sixers werent shooting well--with only 29% FG-- they did enough to only be outscored by 3 points in that quarter and headed into the 4th down by six. Going 3/4 from beyond the arch in the 4th and blocking 3 shots and stealing another 4 balls allowed them to come back and tie the game late and do just enough to go into overtime.

In overtime the sixers once again had to play good defense to overcome the amount of points lost due to poor shooting and turnovers. With 1.9 second left the game was tied, Sixers inbound the ball to Andre Igoudola who drains the shot from the wing as time expires and the Sixers shock the Heat to come away with the win.

Player of the Game: Andre Iguodola 27 points, 8 Rebounds, 1 Assist,2 Steals, 1 Block, 11 of 12 from FT.

[​IMG]

4. Bucs

feel free to comment or leave any suggestions.

5. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I would trade Elton Brand for some bench help and picks, and I would start Noah and Thabeet down low. They suit my style of play. My strength is inside with the big men, so they do not need to be very good offensively for me to score. That's just me, though. A suggestion of someone you can add in a trade is Larry Sanders. I believe he has 2 years left on his deal to start and he develops nicely

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Very cool bucs. I'll be reading!

7. Bucs

That is a good idea, I like thabeet whenever ive used him, though im not very skilled in the post, but i dont rely on my big men for scoring..mostly i want them to block shots which thabeet is very good at..so i noah he had i think 4 blocks last game. Every trade ive managed to get working for brand wont go through unless i throw in one of my first round picks which i really do not want to do. Maybe something will open up later in the season.

8. Bucs

thanks blaza i appreciate it.

9. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

@bucsfan047, would u consider the team as one in "win now" mode? jw

10. Bucs

not really

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

your going to play all 82 games?

12. Bucs

that was the initial plan but once i realized how long games are on 9 minute quarters and how long it would take me real life to finish one season i decided i'd play probably one game per game week.

13. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

then I recommend trading Brand for the best offer that includes bench help down low and picks

14. Bucs

So this file got corrupted somehow lets consider this dead...im gonna start up a new one soon.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wish I would of looked in here before I started my Nets association. I'm a 6'er fan but decided not too because you were running this one. Why'd you dismantle the entire roster? Takes the fun out of building a team if you just go trade for 'proven' guys #justsayin'

16. Bucs

I love blowing up rosters and making trades and seeing if I can turn "nothing" into something, but I do see your point.