Light Bulb above my head!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 26, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Light Bulb above my head!

As people have a "good year" they will be able to move to a weaker non bcs team. I am undecided on moving to a better BCS team. I think we should just stay there. I will come up with an outline of who is available later.

Thoughts?

2. controllerabuser

Evolution- a process of change in a certain direction.

This is what I thought about. I am not saying we need to do it. I just think it would be cooler. I am not sure because I haven't checked but I don't think any other league does this.

To me, we are trying to evolve these non-bcs teams. Not all of us will but the few who do should be rewarded. Like in real life, you would go to a higher school. Instead of immediately going to a Florida, Penn State and USC you would first have to be put to test at a Mississippi State, Baylor and Virginia.

Proving my theory:

[​IMG]
    Urban Meyer III (born July 10, 1964) is the head football coach of the Florida Gators football team that represents the University of Florida located in Gainesville, Florida; he previously coached the Bowling Green Falcons football team from 2001 to 2002, and the Utah Utes football team from 2003 to 2004.

3. controllerabuser

Evolution- a process of change in a certain direction.

This is what I thought about. I am not saying we need to do it. I just think it would be cooler. I am not sure because I haven't checked but I don't think any other league does this.

To me, we are trying to evolve these non-bcs teams. Not all of us will but the few who do should be rewarded. Like in real life, you would go to a higher school. Instead of immediately going to a Florida, Penn State and USC you would first have to be put to test at a Mississippi State, Baylor and Virginia.

Same thing goes for someone like me. I am at Boise State but if I cannot fulfill my duties I should be demoted to a smaller non-bcs school.

Proving my theory:

[​IMG]
    Urban Meyer III (born July 10, 1964) is the head football coach of the Florida Gators football team that represents the University of Florida located in Gainesville, Florida; he previously coached the Bowling Green Falcons football team from 2001 to 2002, and the Utah Utes football team from 2003 to 2004.

4. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

I like the idea, but I think it would be good if we could go to a better mid major as well as a weaker one.

5. controllerabuser

Well, that would be in the cards too. I just haven't thought the outline up yet.

Something like this:

Bowling Green-> Utah-> Miss St.-> FSU?

6. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

7. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Why not try implementing a goal system? If you meet your goals, you are eligible for advancement, if you don't, you are demoted. Set up each goal that is realistic for each team. Also set up early termination clauses. For Example -

San Jose State - 2 Year Contract / Goals: 1 Winning Season, 1 Bowl Bid
    Colorado State - 2 Year Contract / Goals: 1 Bowl Bid, 1 Bowl Win
    USF - 2 Year contract / Goals: 2 Bowl Bids , 1 Bowl Win
    Florida - 3 Year Contract / Goals: 2 BCS Bowl Bids / 1 BCS Bowl Win / 2 SEC Championship Games / 1 SEC Championship

Early Term - If goals were met / Partially Met, You can only advance up 1 Prestige / If goal was not met, you are demoted by 2 Prestige points

Finished Contract - If goals were met, Advance by 2 Prestige. Partially Met, Advance by 1 Prestige / Not Met, demoted by 2 prestige.

Something like that. Obviously a bit more detail would need to be added, like maybe heisman, league leader, award goals, but I think something like that would work. Just my opinion though.

BTW - Whats up guys, im new to the league, will be taking over OHIO. Glad to be here.

8. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

We could use something similar to the coaching carousel in college hoops 2K7.

9. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Welcome LEE!

10. controllerabuser

Lee- Exactly what I have been thinking. What I eventually want to do is appoint a council of 3-5 people who I feel are the most unbiased and fair thinking people. They would then come up with the guidelines and judge who gets demoted and promoted.

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

LEE i like that basis for the plan .....i agree with this... i think it would make this particular dynasty unique to all the others...and u never knw we may start a trend!

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm pushing my chips all in on this I like it a lot guys.

13. controllerabuser

sdid, it basically turned into something like your career style dynasty. I really didn't want a point process but something like it seems to be what we will do.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I want to be a consultant to this committee bro.

15. controllerabuser

Ok, well you would have to get on AIM more. Reason, the team is discussing things through a conference on AIM. Then, reporting to me. I would want you to be on the team too. 4 people is what I wanted originally. Welcome.

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I'm open to change/ no change.

If you choose to change to something like your original thought, Sdid's career style dynasty is set up rather well, it could be used as a guide to set this one up.

17. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

just some two cents from the peanut gallery here. I like the ideas being generated. for me personally... my objective is to stay at the school I am building until I am a national powerhouse. I don't want to leave until I've taken a 1 star team to the upper echelon of the ncaa. is there any requirement to leave a school after a certain degree of success? I prefer to stay. i'm loyal that way.

18. controllerabuser

You don't have to leave. If you choose to stay that is fine. Keep in mind, you will have to play 3 users a year whether they are in your conference or not. I would try to give you a decent match-up.

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I love this idea CA. I wanted to initially get a hire/fire idea moving for OR when I started the Dream...just could never find the blueprints or drive from other users....really like this

20. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I have to get this Ohio team to shape up so I can get that job with the Ducks later on down the road. This is either going to be awesome..... or I'll end up at UTEP..... not so awesome.

21. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha, got some work to do to get to the Ducks. TCU is where it's at. Don't know where/if I'd go after next season....prolly like a Miss St or another Non-BCS....if I wanted to do that....dunno if I would....

22. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

seeing im not that good in User vs User games..... Im preparing myself for FCS Northwest

23. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I am not good vs other users either, I'm preparing to join WKU as the waterboy.