Lighting Bolts!

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by 1ke, Sep 7, 2013.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

2013 Lightning Bolts
    A season of change

Well...... The 2013 season is here, and for many, its a new hope. And usually with a new owner, comes new hope. But, as the Sex Toy Mogul said at his introductory press conference, things are going to be bad.

"Its going to be bad folks. Im not going to lie to you nice folks. This team as it stands is not good enough to do much, let alone play football at a high level. So, lets make some changes. I vow to make those changes, and if you stick by the team, I can assure you that the future will be fun. First, Mike McCoy will stay for now. Second, Qualcomm is a dump. I promise construction on a new facility will begin as soon as I can make it happen."

Strong words from the new young rich owner. But he wasnt done.

"Now! Lets talk about the squad. I will be in control of ever move this club makes from top to bottom. We have alot of useless money, and players who dont fit what we are doing here. I expect anywhere from 10-20 cuts from this team before a game is even played. Rivers is not the future, in fact, if anyone interested in his services is interested please let me know! We do have a plan, get younger, faster, and better. So it will be bad for a while, but the future is bright. Hell, I wouldnt be shocked if this team won 3 games. Thats fine as long as there is progress to some of our young key players."

So there you have it. Words from the new owner. He insist that things are going to be very different, very young, and even at times very bad. And he supports it. Things might be better, but thats not for another couple years. For now, things are going to be interesting, and things are going to get worse before they get better.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Free Agents Signed
    C - Joe Madsen
    LOLB - Quincy Black
    DT - Amobi Okoye
    QB - Matt Blanchard
    WR - Devon Wylie
    RT - Andrew McDonald
    LE - Shae McClellin
    FS - Brandon Hardin

Players Cut
    Mike Wendt
    Terrell Manning
    Charlie Whitehurst
    Ronnie Brown
    Seyi Ajirotutt
    Toney Clemons
    Drake Nevis
    Damik Scafe
    Thomas Keiser
    Jonas Mouton
    Andrew Gachkar
    Reggie Walker
    Bront Bird
    Jahleel Addae
    Darrel Stuckey

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

San Diego Chargers Trade Block
    Come get who you want. If anyone is interested in any San Diego player make yourself known. When I say ANY I mean 98% of the team can go. Underneath are the only untouchables. All that's wanted in return is DRAFT PICKS.

Off Limits players
    D.J. Fluker
    Manti Teo

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. Ben Huh

Ben Huh Walk On

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Week 1 vs Houston - L
    Decent game, close, but the talent level is not where it needed to be to compete. Decent game for Matt Blanchard
    Week 2 @ Philly - L
    Absolute nutter here! Lost on a last second TD when over 100 points total were scored. Again, defense horrible. Matt Blanchard with a record day.
    Week 3 @ TENNESSEE
    Phillip Rivers got his first start of the season for injured Matt Blanchard. And Phillip Rivers threw 6 ints and fumbled. 8 TOs total for the day Lol
    Week 4 vs Dallas
    Nothing significant happened in this game. This was a bad day at the office, and nobody could leave early enough.
    Week 5 @ Oakland
    Winless and on the road. Nothing was going to stop that rushing attack, and SD sure as hell wasnt. Ground and Pound at its finest here.
    Week 6 vs Indy
    Monday night football baby. It was a close one, but finally a win. At that point, all style went out the window, just win! And we did!
    Week 7 @ Jacksonville
    After being winless, SD on a hot streak baby. 2 in a row, plus the first road win of the season. Mo Jo and big Mercedes were a handful.
    Week 9 @ Washington
    2 wins in a row, and a bye week wasnt enough to take down RG3, who started and ended the game on fire. No matter what he wasnt being stopped.
    Week 10 vs Denver
    This game pissed me off. Had a game winning two minute drive going. Got to the five yard line, and DRC makes a incredible play intercepting a ball that was nowhere near him. UGGHH!!!
    Week 11 @ Miami
    A decent enough game against one of the best teams in the league. Got down early, and had to throw way too much. Best defense Ive played this year.
    Week 12 @ KC
    Wild wild game. Both teams had KO returns for TDs, had it not been for 2 fumbles the game would have been much different.
    Week 13 vs Cincy
    Got a visit from another playoff contender. And again, got some good fortune and had some fumbles go my way, especially late to seal the game.
    Week 14 vs NY Giants
    Eli was on fire. NY didnt punt once. Player of the game Manti Teo changed the game though with a perfect pick 6 for 97 yards.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Who wants a top 10 pick?

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I do. Thanks.

8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

raises hand

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Sorry boys, but I dont think Ill be in the top 10 anymore. I keep winning... I dont know how though.....

Story lines updated.