Limiting 4 stars Recruits

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Jan 9, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Limiting 4 stars Recruits

Does any league on here have a limit on the number of 4 star recruits? Was just wondering how TF combats the progression problem. In the later years all user teams will be A+'s across the board and will never drop below an A for most of their existence from their on out.

Just asking because I was thinking about doing this in my offline just to keep a balance. I really would like to find a good number to start off with. I know once a team has success they go after the top recruits but from my point of view not all 'big' school players should be 90+ just because they were a 4 star recruit.

Any help would be appreciated. And if their is a league with such a rule, how is it working?

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We do it in TT IV.

We started out with MAC and C USA schools, and you were awarded four and five star scholarships based on achievements from the previous season.

However, you are always garunteed the number of four stars equal to your schools prestige.

[x]Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    []Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    [x]No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 5 star player
    [x]Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    []Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    [x]Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 4 star player

So, if Central Michigan is a 2 star program, and they won the conference, 10 games, didn't break any rules, and made it to all their games they would get:

2 five stars, 4 four stars.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wow that looks good. It seems like it keeps a school like CMU from not becoming all A's across the board in year 4. Thanks I'm bout to print this page and follow these rules, matter of fact I may just start off in a small conference.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You can be pretty creative with that..

If I were you I'd make national championship worth two, and Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Cotton, and Rose bowl worth 1 five star also.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In the OFFL leagues we allow:
    1 5*
    7 4*
    70 total players

There are some bonus 5* and 4* guys too such that an average class for a powerhouse user team is 1.5 5*, 8 4*, rest 3*s. You can't really use online dynasties to try to balance an offline dynasty, however, since in ODs you're trying to balance 12 user teams against the CPU teams instead of just 1. If you used the numbers I gave in an offline dynasty, you'd never have outstanding recruiting classes.

The best solution that I was able to come up with for my offline dynasty is to sim 5+ seasons and write down the number of 5* and 4* recruits signed by the top tier teams. I then averaged those over 5 years to come up with my limits.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The progression problem has been patched.

So even if you are starting a new dynasty, it's not as bad as it was when you were playing with an unpatched, launch version of the game.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, with Drifter, that issue has been patched and corrected.

I had a question similar to this though. The CPU only uses the quick call AI logic. As users, the one true way to level the playing field between us and the CPU would be for us only to use the quick call as well. This way the same logic would be applied when we called as when the CPU calls. I wondered if people would be greatly opposed to this or not.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I don't think there would be a way to police that.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    How do you know the CPU only uses quick call? I would say, from what I have experienced, that this isn't entirely the case. Plus, it seems the CPU has a greater chance of getting commitments during their visits than users do.

... but I have nothing to back those claims up.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I read it in the recruiting feedback forum that Russ Kirney has over at EAsports.com.

The logic that the CPU uses when a user quick calls is the same logic that the CPU uses when calling their recruits, it's the same programming. That's why it's typically easy to beat the CPU for players, the quick call programming doesn't focus on a schools best pitches first, it does it randomly. Then when a user calls and pitches the "A" pitches for a school, the user has an advantage over the CPU. I'm sure you've noticed after you quick call someone that the CPU has pitched things that you wouldn't have pitched first if at all.

Therefore, forcing users to only use the quick call would be the one way to truly level the playing field for recruiting (until they fix it for next year). However, like Hokie said, it would be impossible to police so it would come down to trust.

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

go ahead and check out PS3 dynasty Cream of the Crop rule. we have a pretty solid setup. basic overview is 5 5star recruit cap. total recruits allowed to be signed are the number of seniors leaving plus 2 players.

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The 5 star thing in my opinion is a bit of a stretch (i'll explain in a bit why), but 4 star limitations would not be what college football is about. In real life, the big schools are supposed to get the best recruits... that's what makes them big schools. It's not about spreading the talent equally across the state or conference. It's almost like it's socialized recruiting.

Again i just want to reiterate that this is just my opinion and i'm not bashing or anything like that. It's just a debate piece... not trying to start a flame war.

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

How many minutes do you guys user per player? I do my best to never go over an hour. If I go over an hour the next recruit gets deducted those minutes over. For example, Recruit 1 unintentionally gets 65 minutes of recruiting time, recruit 2 would get 55 minutes of time.

Also week 1 of regular season I give scholarships to the first 10-17 players on board, starting with need first. After week 1, I only actively recruit top 10-12 players on my board.

Another thing I do whether I am WKU or Georgia is I only recruit players who are interested in my school. The only time I stray away from that is when there are no players at the position I need that are interested in my school. Those players are usually P,K,FB, TE. Then I recruit the top interest bar, those are usually no greater than 2 star recruits.

14. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

LOL Exactly!

BC just expand your recruiting and persuade the higher prospects interested in your school.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My whole thing about limiting four stars was to put more strategy in the game. And most of the time their are 3 stars that are better than four stars but no one sees them because they jump on 4/5 stars. Big schools don't land every 4/5 star they want. They have some 2/3 star recruits in their too. But from a video game aspect it helps keep the competition their from the CPU. To each their own I guess.