Lions' Cubs - PSU Recruiting 2014

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Dec 21, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

18 seniors + 0 empty roster spots = 18 scholarships available

Needs: FB (1), DT (2), OLB (3), MLB (1), FS (1)

:5stars: ATH Lee Ralph (ESPN 150)
    :5stars: WR Tramon Clark (ESPN 150)
    :4stars: G Brandon Simmons (ESPN 150)
    :4stars: ATH John Whitlock (ESPN 150)
    :4stars: WR Kevin Richards (ESPN 150)
    :4stars: OLB Dan Gooden (ESPN 150)
    :4stars: MLB Stephen Love (JUCO)
    :4stars: MLB Henry Davis
    :3stars: FS Tyrone Blair (JUCO)
    :3stars: OLB Matt Curry
    :3stars: OLB Chad Welsh
    :3stars: OLB Johnathon Ware
    :3stars: T Jason Anderson (JUCO)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Updated with signings, the the two big commitments have been JUCO players

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Davis is going to have 2 years of eligibility left and I think Blair will be able to play 3 seasons at Penn State

I should have a lot more commitments next week, several players are soft committed as of week 7.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Clark is exactly what we were looking for. He is big (6'4) and fast (A speed) so he can stretch the defense. Most of our underclassmen wide receivers are possession receivers who can catch but don't have breakaway ability. I'm not sure Traymon will play next season due to depth at the position but he will be given every opportunity to step in and contribute. Early reports states that Traymon will enroll for winter semester in order to be eligible for spring practices. He also considered Georgia and Notre Dame, but Penn State was always his favorite choice.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What is Tramons accel? He should be a beast on the jump ball and getting down field

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I could be wrong but I think he has A+ or A acceleration. I will have to check when I get on my 360 later on today.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Latest Penn State signing

[​IMG]

He should be getting some new teammates after this week. I have a few more players that are soft committed to Penn State. Unfortunately I lost a :5stars: DT and that was a need position for my school.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

I should add a second :5stars: recruit in next week or two but got some work to do in the offseason. 6 ESPN 150 recruits (assuming I add that additional :5stars:) might be a personal worst. Hopefully a few of the players outside the 150 are useful in a few seasons. Richards (6'5) and Clark (6'4) give Penn State QB's some big targets to throw at and both players graded an A- in speed.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ralph isn't the most exciting prospect but he should be a solid lead blocker for the running backs. He also fills a positional need at FB, his primary position in high school. His ability to pass block rivals that of an offfensive lineman, so he could stay in to block on passing downs.