Lions escape with a crazy finish!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by heathh, Jan 3, 2014.

1. heathh

heathh Walk On

The Detroit Loins will be moving forward into the Playoffs, as they beat the Arizona Cardinals 26-24.

In a crazy last 3:00 min of the game the Lions were able to kick a Field Goal and hold on as time expired to Win and move to the second round of the playoffs.

In the 1st Qt, the Lions were able to put 3 points on the board by Josh Scobee. The Lions controlled the ball a lot of the 1st qt. Then come the High flying Cardinals.

In the 2nd Qt, Staying out of the grasp of these ferocious Lions, the Cardinals quickly marched down the field and put 7 on the score board with a pass from McCadden to Fitz only 5 yards out.

Lions then patrolled the field and Stafford connected with his favorite Transformer "Megatron" from 16 yards out.

Lions on top 10-7

The Cardinals would drive down the field, but the Lions Defense would stand strong this time. With many opportunity's to head back in the other direction on 2 dropped interceptions, McCaskill would tie the game with a 23yard field goal as time expires before the half.

ALL TIED UP AT HALF 10-10
    *Cards to receive*

Cards once again flew right over the Lions defense running and passing, to get to the 1 yard line, where FB DiMarco would stuff it in for 6.

Cards on top 17-10

Lions looked great as they graced the field of play, doing a little dance called "Pass a little, Run a little". However it wouldnt be enough for Cards defense to bend. So the Lions would have to settle for a 46 yard Field goal by Josh Scobee.

Cards lead 17-13

Starting in the 4th quarter is where all the fireworks would be lit.

The Lions would force the Cardinals to go 3 and out after a couple of 1st downs. Then Stafford and company would drive down the field only to throw a huge interception by Daryl Washington.

Cards would run most of the clock down trying to give the Lions no chance of a comeback. Getting close to the Goal line McCadden would try to rush it in and would get Popped hard by DT Suh who would make him cough up the football, but the Cards would fall on the loose ball. Then, Mendenhall would shove it in from 2 yards out to put these high flying birds on top 24-13.

With only 3:12 left on the clock Stafford would huddle all his troops and talk to them, telling them he had a dream that they could win! Not thinking to much about it Calvin Johnson quickly said "LETS ROLL" (Usually a term Optimus Prime would use, but hey who cares!)

So Stafford quickly moves the ball down the field and then would connect with Justin Blackmon on a 21 yard touchdown pass.

That would put the Lions down by 5. The Lions would attempt a point conversion to bring them within 3 points. Stafford would hit FB Shaun Chapas on a swing pass to CONVERT the 2pt conversion.

Cards on top 24-21 with only 2:17 on the clock!

Lions line up to kick it deep, after pondering whether or not to try an Onside kick.

Scobee kicks it deep to the 5 yard line and the kick is muffed by Justin Forsett after it hits him right in the hands, Forsett quickly runs back to get the ball with the Lions charging quickly. Then Justin makes a terrible mistake and runs out of the back of the ENDZONE causing a SAFETY .

Cards up by One 24-23 after the safety.

With 2:17 all the Lions will need to do is get close enough to give Scobee a chance! Cards punt and Slay returns 10 yards before diving onto the ground and not wanting to take any chances.

The Lions would control the ball with the running game to get past the 2 min warning and all 3 of the Timeouts by Cardinals.

Josh Scobee would do it again and connect on a 47 yard Field goal, right down broadstreet!

Lions go up 26-24 with 11 seconds left, but hold on folks this has been one crazy game. So dont count them out.

McCadden would drop back and hit Roberts on a 15 yard pass, and stop the clock as he went out of bounds with 2 seconds left. Lions feel pretty good at this point. McCadden would drop back again for the Hailmary but Justin Tuck had other plans as he takes him down before he can let go of the ball!

LIONS WIN 26-24

Great Game Miki1369

Best of luck next season

• Like Like x 4
  2. heathh

heathh Walk On

None of this was proof read, Im super tired and have to work. Sorry if I made any mistakes!

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow! Crazy finish! Great season Mike!

Congrats on the win Heath! See you in Seattle!

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Wow. What a crazy game! By chance do you have any highlights? Congrats to Mike on the season and good luck Heath moving forward. Thx for the recap!

5. heathh

heathh Walk On

No I don't. Sorry, I've un-hooked my Hauppauge and boxed it up since I installed my ps4

• Like Like x 1
  6. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

:(:(:(

• Like Like x 2
  7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Yeah it was a hell of a game, that safety on the kickoff was insane.

I thought i had this game after i went up 24-13 that quick td drive was great for u. I made a critical mistake thinking that the kickoff hit forsett in the endzone but it did not. After that i knew it was over....

• Like Like x 2