Lions Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JCspartan2, Aug 24, 2010.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Lions Gameday Thread

Det 38
    Min 56

Minnesota's offense was unstoppable. Peterson ran for almost 250 yards, and Farve only missed on a handful of passes. The lions offense was able to score on a few big plays, but the constant pressure from the Vikings severely limited what they were able to do. Stafford was sacked 9 times, and hit probably 90% of the time he dropped back to pass. Jahvid Best went over 100 yards on the day with a couple TDs, but all of his yards came on two big runs, the rest were stuffed in the backfield.

Detroit is now 1-2 as Minnesota moves to 3-0.

2. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Yeah Minnesota in a user hands has always scared me because the cpu does a fine job at working you over.

So far over the past year we had two Viking user, one was asked to leave for shady play, the other just disappeared before his first user game.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Masler and I will be playing our game tonight around 5.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Detroit 41
    NYG 38

Detroit pulled off one of the biggest, if not the biggest, comebacks in team history. The lions got down 31-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. Due to the monsoon rains in New York. Stafford's passes were going all over the place while WRs were falling down on their routes which led to two INTs, one a pick-6 by a DT. Manning connected on his first 12 passes including 3 TDs, and Brandon Jacobs ran over defenders like they were children. Then the Lions woke up.

With no running game what-so-ever against the Giant front four, Stafford took over. After two early INTs, the 2nd year QB found his rhythm and lit up the New York secondary for 424 yards and 4 TDs. Calvin Johnson finally found some room and hauled in 6 catches for a 120 yards and 2 TDs. The Lions lost their numbers 3, 4, and 6 WRs to injury for the game and potentially longer, so backup HBs Aaron Brown and Maurice Morris had to fill in during 4 WR sets. Both did a nice job given the situation and hauled in key 3rd down catches.

The lions scored 31 unanswered points from the 2nd quarter on, and Eli Manning did not complete another pass, after completing his first 12, until the 4th quarter. The Giants finally got on the board again after the Lions had tied it up, but Stafford marched the Lions right back down the field and re-tied the game with 2 minutes to go. The Giants went 3 and out and Stafford was able to get the lions down the field again for the game winning FG as time expired.

5. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Damn... good comeback.

Oh, and the rain crap. Last year the Philly owner complained about McNabb being down right horrible when it rained, yet an excellent QB in the sun. I had Dane Morrow (aka Dan Marino), never saw a difference, rain or shine, the kid was awesome. However now I have Clausen... yikes, put a little water on the ball and he's horrilble. I'd really like to know what causes that hydrochuckitallovia, because I'd like to avoid having QBs like that on my team from now on.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

It was interesting, it seemed to go away for the most part as the game went on, or maybe I just got more cautious. I started to only throw to a receiver if he was already wide open, not try to throw it before his break (this would result in the WR falling down and the throw going right to the DB, or the throw being waaay off the mark). I actually kind of enjoyed it. It was frustrating, but it's realistic, especially the WRs falling down.

It really affected the running game too. My speed guys couldn't get anything going, it took them longer to accelerate and they would slip if I tried to cut. NYG on the other hand had no problem simply running downhill with Brandon Jacobs. Again, I enjoyed this bit of realism.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Lions 45
    Packers 35

Lions finally get a win against a user. Both teams pretty much scored at will with a punt mixed in here and there. The turning point came at the end of the game just after I scored to go up 7. Masler threw a short drag route to his 3rd or 4th string WR, he bobbled to ball and popped it up right to my CB in coverage. I took over with the ball on the 35 yard line, and ended up having to settle for a field goal. Being up 2 possessions late in the 4th, however, all but won me the game.

Tough break man, always a good time playing you.