Lions Rebound at Home!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by heathh, Mar 6, 2014.

1. heathh

heathh Walk On

The always respected, but hated Green Bay Packers came into Detroit this weekend looking for another Win on the season. However the Lions had other plans. The Lions did not want to lose to another Division Opponent, after dropping 2 games to the Vikes, and 1 game to the Packers already this season. The Lions defense looked stout to start the game, forcing a 3 and out on the Packers 1st drive. Lions quickly marched down the field and scored a quick touchdown. Packers then head down the field only to be intercepted by Ball Hawking Corner Chris Greenwood. Lions then added another 7 to the board with a TD pass to Calvin Johnson.

Packers were able to grab a couple of 1st downs, but ended quickly as the Defense would hold up once again. Stafford and company would drive down the field and Stafford hit Johnson for his 2nd TD of the day, to put the Lions up 21-0. Packers would feel the since of urgency, before the half. Pack headed down the field and luckly would grab 7 before the half.

Lions would work the ball close to the endzone, but Stafford would continue to secure his spot on the PICKS list but tossing one to the Pack. Packers would drive down close to the Endzone but then toss it right back.

Lions would go 3 and out, and the Pack would take over from there. They put another 7 on the board. Lions felt the heat, and only being up 7 in the 4th would start to panic. Stafford who prepared for this weeks game knew he could not turn it over. After a couple of 1st downs, the Pack forced a punt. Then the Defense would step up again not allowing the Packers to do much. Stafford would get the ball back, and would connect with Calvin for 3rd time on the day.

Lions would hold of Rodgers and the Pack for the Win 28-14.

GG game CSteud
    Lots of fun!

Good luck rest of the season and Off season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Great game Heath, you came out firing on all cylinders. I thought I was gonna tie it up and have a shot but that goaline stand was the difference..good luck bro.

• Like Like x 1
  3. heathh

heathh Walk On

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. Im sorry! I did the best I could. Sorry.

Great game for sure

• Like Like x 1