Lions Resign 2 big Jungle Pieces

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by heathh, Nov 23, 2013.

1. heathh

heathh Walk On

Jul 17, 2013

Lions Owner Heath Howard, a defensive minded person knew how important it was to keep this young and talented Defense together. The Owner pulled out the Check book and made sure he locked up Cornerback Chris Greenwood and Outside Linebacker De'Andre Levy for the next 4 years at least.

Levy is the 3rd top tackler on the team right now. He has 12 tackles, with 2 of them for a loss, and 1 sack.

Levy signed a 4yr deal to stay with the Lions. And not test the Free Agent market.

"Man, Im glad this deal got done. I feel like its a great amount of money, but I wouldn't be hear if it wasn't for the main four guys upfront with Suh, Fairley, Zek, and Tuck! Hats off to those guys for making it easy for me" Levy had to say!

Chris Greenwood wanted to become a household name and he has in the last 3 season with the Lions. Howard knew it would be very important for the Secondary to lock Greenwood up for the next 6 years. With Vet Chris Houston aging and on the trade block. Howard will look to Have Greenwood and Darius Slay as the stars in the secondary.

Greenwood is tied for 5th in the League with 3 Interceptions. He also has 9 tackles, and 1 deflection.

Lions are pleased to have these 2 rejoin the team!

• Like Like x 2