Lions vs Seahawks Week 8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Anthrax78, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Lions Run Away With Victory Over Seahawks, 49-24 Behind Houston's Three Picks
    [​IMG]

The Detroit Lions came into CenturyLink Field and ran away with a victory in what was otherwise a very close game for most of the first half. "When we protect the ball and play smart football I feel that we can beat anybody." coach Westcott said after the game "But when you have a performance that Houston put on today, it makes you realize that defensive players can make all the difference."

The game was within a touchdown in the third, until Chris Houston jumped a route intended for Golden Tate that gave the Lions excellent field position and ended with a Ladarius Mitchell touchdown run to give Detroit a two touchdown lead. Then Houston struck again with another pick deep in Seattle territory with this time, a Matt Stafford to Walker Stream touchdown pass.

Going into the fourth quarter, Houston made it a hat-trick, this time going over Sidney Rice's head for his third pick, which looked nearly impossible to grab considering the position Houston was in on the play. Coach Westcott was not surprised "I mean, he was a pro-bowler last year and is a great corner. I never doubt his skills really, I just wished I got this performance every game."

Capture.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG