Listen up all you NCAA apologists...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Listen up all you NCAA apologists...

This game is flawed just like any other in the past. Here were a few played in my game...

1) HB throws the ball 10 feet up in the air in the middle of a pile late in the game.

2) QB runs 30 yards backwards and completes and then completes a pass

3) WR is knocked over running his route and the ball is picked off, of course no PI.

4) Onside kick the guy with the best hands on my team proceeds to watch the football go off his facemask and bounce to the other team.

You have got to be kidding me with this game.....and all I hear from the majority on this site is how perfect this game is. Come on... WAKE UP. There's no need to suck the tit of EA when they put out another massively flawed product.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oh and to summarize my disgust, here's how I've lost both of my ONFL games.

1) Hail mary from 60 yards out my CB punches the ball straight up in the air then the WR catches it and runs 20 yards for the TD.

2) Onside kick that my best WR wacthes ricochet off his facemask.

The Cougs are bad yes, but not that bad. Makes me sick to my stomach...what kind of AI are they using? 1970s Pac Man?

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree and you didn't even cover all of the franchise progression bugs and server issues the game has. With EA, I honestly don't expect Madden to be too much better this year. Their product seems to get prettier in presentation, but worse every year. This may be my last year with EA. I have much better things to do with $130 every year. I am beyond frustrated and disappointed so far with this game and my expectations for Madden are even worse.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I won't deny bugs. I lost my 2 ONFL games by simple lack of execution, though.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Take a ztanex and chill out... it's not as good as some say but its not as bad as you say either. Truth is they will ALWAYS have major flaws, but its still the best out there and its still a ton of fun to play with against friends.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am not sure why, but this really made me laugh. I needed that. :D

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

It wasn't a hail mary...

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Oh, I didn't know this was in game related. I thought we were just venting about the game. I am out of this discussion.

9. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

This isn't Madden. These aren't professionals. I think the best thing that separates this game from its big brother is that anything can happen. A db can tip the ball to the WR and allow him to score. The QB going back 30 yrds an completing a pass was probably a glitch but who is to say that on any given Saturday this season that that couldn't happen. I can't, because it probably will.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

LOL Bates I'll give you the first thing, but I won't give you the 2nd, haha. If you called a playaction screen, that plays does glitch and your qb will be go 30 yards backwards with no control. Everyone should know that by now, but if not, you do now. Don't call that play.

11. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I personally love the game, I can deal with the bugs as all games have them, it basically comes down to if I will get my 60 bucks worth of entertainment. NCAA 11 is way ahead of NCAA 10 and that's all I ask for is a marked improvement over the past year minus any gimmicks, EA delivered that for me.

Still waiting for the damn Season Showdown servers to go up, wtf EA.

12. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I personally love the game, I can deal with the bugs as all games have them, it basically comes down to if I will get my 60 bucks worth of entertainment. NCAA 11 is way ahead of NCAA 10 and that's all I ask for is a marked improvement over the past year minus any gimmicks, EA delivered that for me.

Still waiting for the damn Season Showdown servers to go up, wtf EA.

13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Xantex? I was thinking more in the lines of a heavy dose of valium.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

dang we must be on different worlds here. Because I completely disagree.

15. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

Man I've wanted to use that line on you soooooo many times. Guess you beat me to the punch.

17. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Crossing my fingers on the tuning & the patching. I want to love this game but its hard to right now. It really seems like the X's and O's don't matter in this game...for me at least. Most of the touchdowns I have scored haven't felt that sense of accomplishment like "wow i called the perfect play". Instead I feel like "wow i got lucky there". My QB is rather mobile and I feel guilty when I scramble with him because its so easy. And the feeling is even worse on defense. When my defense forces a turnover I almost want to apologize to my opponent for benefiting from such a crazy looking play.

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

Couldn't have summed it up better.

19. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have played around 10 games total and the only thing I have seen wrong were the QB dropping back 20yds and throwing a pass & physic Man Coverage by DBs and I almost forgot the horrible servers.

No matter how much time EA puts into their products there is always going to be one tihng that will prevent it from being perfect, the fact that its a video game. That will never change and there will always be crazy things the AI does. Thats something I have to come to accept and as of right now IMO, this is the best NCAA game they have put out to date.

20. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Is anyone else having problems with PA passes? Seems like I get sacked every time I try one. Even if I play bad teams. The patches would be nice. I want to love this game. I think I was just frustrated we couldn't play our online games for so long.

21. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I think it depends on the PA play. Scikotic got PA to work on me a couple times. Too risky for me to use though.

22. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have totally taken the PA pass out of my play calling.

23. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

This excites me for our game in bfr ;)

24. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Ok good. You and Bates saying that make me feel better. Thought it was just me.

25. mamou1981

mamou1981 Walk On

i like the game...love the enhanced blocking schemes...but im an o~lineman so its the blocking i love not the passing.... but the lbs that jump 10 feet to swat the ball at its high point can annoy me!!