Little Help on a few things

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by SPL22, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

First let me say, I am pretty bad at this game. I played NCAA 2012 a bit vs the computer but this is my first try in playing against people. What I have learned so far is that ,I am bad at the micromanagement involved. I tried to play someone on-line in that Ultimate team thing and it was just awful. He was moving players around on D so they come untouched, kicked onside and I did not know how to adjust. I am just pretty bad at pre-snap adjustments. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all of the options.

Here are a few questions that I have, so thanks in advance.

1) If I catch a defense in a favorable matchup, dime vs power run formation or Base vs 4 WR. How do I run a hurry up offense? I have no clue which button to hit to hurry my offense up.

2) Passing, I am using Notre Dame playbook and my passing game stinks. It helps that Turnover Tommy is at the helm and I can blame him but I would like to improve my passing game. It seems the routes I can run with some success are the shallow crossing routes, quick digs and flag routes if they are not in man. I feel my problem is I get locked in that I want to get the ball to X receiver and I am not reading the defensive coverage properly. Any tips on improving my passing game would be appreciated. I am sure it is something I just need to keep playing and it will just get better with experience.

3) Running, so far the thing I have picked up is running the read option and it seams to work vs the computer but when I played a person, He was able to shut it down, he switched to aggressive vs the option to take away the QB run and stacked the line to where the rb would go. It also seams that stretch runs don't work too well vs players but I did have some success just running from a big formation and hammering it between the tackles. Is that more of the run game I should try vs players or was this 1 game I played more of unique situation.

Thanks in advance.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

To your first paragraph: People moving guys around so they come untouched is why you should play people on the site and avoid the "randoms".

1) Xbox it is holding Y after the play, PS3 you hold Triangle.

2) All I could say to that is keep practicing your passing game. That's about all you can do.

3) Some of your woes in the running game could be because of you playing those "randoms" that know how to get through the O line without being touched through nano blitzes and the like. Again, play guys around here and they will play the game right- while also (hopefully) helping you learn the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

Thanks for the response.

In regards to the passing game, that is what I sort of thought and I was hoping that was true about the run game. I would say that over 1/2 my run plays vs the computer are the read. It would stink to have to scrap that from my offense when I played a person. Prob would have to scale it back a bit.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Are you PS3 or Xbox? If PS3 I could play some games and try to help out.

5. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

I appreciate the help but I have xbox. I guess I will just have to keep plugging away. All the options when you are new to it is just a little overwhelming.

6. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

This site helped me a lot with reading the defense (among other things). I don't always use everything I have learned but it certainly helped. :p

Smart Football

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

Thank you for the link.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

The Nike Skills trainer is a great addition this year as well. Go practice precision passing drills, that will help your throwing.

• Like Like x 2