Little info 'bout yourself

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MILMONTpa, Feb 18, 2010.

1. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Little info 'bout yourself

Curious to know a little more about you guys. What kind of work do each of you do? I am a term life insurance agent. Appointed with 12 carriers and licensed in 48 states. I work via phone primarily so i don't travel much. Seems like a couple of our guys are travelers. Curiousity has gotten the best of me. I used to travel quite a bit as a sales rep. What do you guys do for a living ?

2. Coach Saban

Coach Saban Walk On

I'm a student at the University of Alabama. I'm majoring in Accounting, minoring in economics (boring for most, but I love it). I party a lot. I'm known for playing my games at the wee hours of the morning because I'm busy most of the day. If I'm not busy, I'm playing NCAA or I'm looking at recruiting on rivals.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwyC2PW3vc8

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Interesting Coach Saban just make sure you get an internship ASAP! I graduated Old Dominion University in December, majoring in Accounting and minoring in Marketing. Looking to start my career shortly.

4. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

well i m not sure where to start so here goes... I am 22 about to be 23. I live in Western Ks on I-70 about half way between Denver and KC. I played college football at the local D2 school here in town. I bought a house 2 years ago and have a pretty awesome girl of 2 years now as well.. i live in a town of 20k and it is 100 miles to the nearest shopping center that isnt wal mart or our small local mall.

I work for FedEx Ground as an Admin 4:30a - 10a ish M - F, i started out in the hole throwin boxes, been there for 2 years and it's the best job i have ever had, if only it was full time.

I am also an independent contractor for 2 crop insurance companies.. (been in business for 6 years) I currently have contracts with Farmers Mutual Hail of Iowa and Diverisified Crop Ins of Jacksonville IL.

For Diversified - i cover a 4 state area from western nebraska all the way down to Ft. Smith Arkansas. there are times when we are busy, typically in the summer months and in november, were i can drive somewhere between 300-500 miles in a day. just as an example from 1-25 to 2-16 i drove 3300 miles. but most of our insureds for the 2nd company live 125+ miles away from where i live. the cloest guy is 107miles and lives in nebraska.

For Farmers Mutual the work is a lot closer to home, where a long day might include 100 miles total.

When the insurance is slow i am a farm hand for a producer just north of town. i mostly take care of the farming side (driving tractors, combines, etc) but i do help out with his cattle operation. (yes, i ve shoved my arm up a cows ass to check for pregnancies)

i was born in raised in rural america and im pretty fortunate to live in a place where you dont have to lock your cars, house or anything. And for the most part everyone takes care of each other out here. so if you make out to the heart of america hit me up.. ill take you out to a good place to get a good beer.

5. T2

btw great thread milmont!

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

T2>Kansas is awesome. I went to college in McPherson.

Let's see. I have business degree with accounting as focus. However, I work as a Direct Service Provider in a group home for the elderly. I never really used my degree. The closest I came was as an inventory clerk for a juice company in Dunkirk, NY.

I love my job, wish it was full time.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I 2nd T2's post, great thread milmont.

I live in San Diego, one of the best places in the country in my opinion. I'm 31, was born here, went and played soccer for 4 years in the rain and cold at the University of Portland, hardest, but best experience of my life in retrospect. Moved back to San Diego and started a small video production company with one of my college roomates. We make recruiting videos and team highlight videos for high school kids, teams, and youth sports teams. I'm currently working as a contractor making training videos and getting a teaching credential. I coach football, basketball, and track at a high school with my 2 best friends and that's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I love working with the kids and watching them try to figure out how to become the men and women they will be. My release at the end of the day is playing NCAA and I'm enjoying playing it with all of you.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Saban, thanks for forcing me to waste 1 minute of my life...haha

Currently, I am a student at Penn State University, Worthington/Scranton Campus, heading to PSU Main in August and I am STOKED! I am majoring in a new program, Energy, Business and Finance...yes that is 1 major. I work at the Home Depot in my hometown on weekends making cash to keep my stomach and gas tank full. I am a sales associate and work multiple departments within the Depot...Garden, Plumbing, Hardware, Lumber and I have helped out everywhere else. It gets to be a pain the way there is no set schedule and I could be working til 11 pm one night, and be in at 6 am the next morning, but apart from that I don't mind my job. It pays...

I have a girlfriend of 4 years now. We have had our ups and downs, but this is it. Whatever happens from here on out is it, and I truly believe she could be the one, if she can get through my last 2 years of college. I am a family man and do still get homesick occasionaly. My parents raised me well and my father and grandfather are the two people I look up to. I've learned from them how a true man should act, old school. Respect others, open the door for your girl, pay for EVERYTHING. Trust me, I pay for everything with my girl. Just took her to Baltimore and DC for Valentines Day weekend...dropped 3 bills for 2 nights at a hotel on the Inner Harbor, but shit was worth it.

I live and breathe for Penn State everything. I have bled blue and white since I was released from my cage as a newborn. I am a season ticket holder for the best student section in the nation. If I went to another school besides PSU, I would have to buy a new wardrobe.

Ill talk smack like no other, even if I myself know I am being a clown. That's who I am. I will talk so much trash I annoy myself.

All around, I'm just a guy who likes to relax, but will work all day. Love being outside. Love my family and my girl. I know how things are in life and that you have to give a little to get a little.

This isn't Burger King, you can't have it your way...

9. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I live in Toronto, but I grew up in Vancouver [current host to the winter Olympics]. I am 34 [groan] but have a great young family, wife and two little daughters, 2yrs and 5 mos.

Longtime [suffering] Bears fan... '85 was an impressionable year. I go see at least 2 Bears' games a year. Also follow hockey [cliche or what?].

I played football starting young [8 yrs old] and by the time I got to High School I was kind of burned out. I switched to rugby. I got a small scholarship to Simon Fraser University [SFU] to play rugby [the only Canadian University that was allowed to give athletic scholarships at the time because they played in the American system].

I had a great time playing rugby and had a very memorable tournament down in California where we played Cal Berkley, Cal Davis, Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona and few others... so I have an affinity to play with Pac-10 teams in NCAA Football 10.

SFU is the first Non-US school to be approved for membership in the NCAA. They will play in the DIV2 GNAC next year. Don't imagine in my lifetime that they will ever get bumped up to Div1.

I live in a very different place than T2 - but I also like beer... and we also have some pretty good stuff up here...

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Big Bear>

If it helps, I'm 37. I remember the days of drinking a good Canadian beer. I quit drinking at 21. I grew up in Buffalo NY, spent many summers at what is now Sherkston Shores in Ontario, I think that's what its called. My stepfather is from Hamilton, he worked at Ford in Oakville for like 44 years.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great thread Milmont.

My name is Markus. I am 26. I was born and raised in Spokane, Washington home of the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Graduated from high school and went to Fresno State University to play baseball for a year and then transfered to Northern Iowa University to play for the Panthers.

Graduated from College a couple years ago and help start a business with a couple of my teammates selling tickets to concerts, broadway, and sporting events. The company gained steam quickly and we are now one of the Top 5 providers for Stubhub.

Scarecrow, who is also a TF member, is one of my childhood best friends as we grew up together playing every football, basketball, hockey, and baseball game ever made since we were young tikes. I play video games as much as I ever had and own almost every system.

I now live with my future wife and we are in the airport on our way back from celebrating in Cancun. She is great because she likes to play video games with me and likes to watch me play and laughs at all the shit Cimmy and controllerabuser talk.

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Lol, sounds like you found a keeper frisk. Congrats man.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

She laughs at what I say because she loves my in and out of bed personality ;)

14. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Thanks for the props on the thread. Figured it might be nice to pass a little time before we get to the NC and off season. I have some things in common with JCA and Cimmy. I am a graduate of Penn State (JCA) and I currently live in San Diego (Cimmy).

My fiance has a son that attends RB High JCA. He played freshman football this year and is wanting to make the jump all the way to varsity in 10th grade. JCA - Did you make the highlite videos for RB High by chance?

15. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

My wife gives me "the look" when I want to play vids... but she lets me anyways, and she is HOT.

16. T2

lmfao thats awesome

17. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

She likes us.

18. Coach Saban

Coach Saban Walk On

jvig, you looking to get with one of the big 4?

19. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I've tried to get in various positions in the Govt but havent heard anything as of yet. Im definitly trying to stay in around my hometown but it's looking like I might have to move in order to get started in my career. The economy sucks ass so not many organizations are hiring anything.

20. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I've tried to get in various positions in the Govt but havent heard anything as of yet. The economy sucks ass so not many organizations are hiring anything. Im definitly trying to stay in around my hometown but it's looking like I might have to move in order to get started in my career.

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I have been unemployed since last october unable to work. I am medically retired from the military after tearing my knee apart on a live excercise where i was rescuing a downed soldier and someone decided to goof off and after i started to carry the soldier he took my knee out from under me and tore it up to the point it hasnt healed in a year and surgery isnt an option. So i basically hang with my 3 kids. My son wrestles so i take him to that and my daughter is starting soccer and i am going to be the coach for them

22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I live in the suburbs of Toronto, gotta a Wife, a 2 year old daughter and a mortgage. Thats why i usually only play after 9pm because first its family time then its football time. ive been playing NCAA football for so long that i used to have to drive to Buffalo to buy a copy because they didnt sell it in Canada. Ive been a lifelong Notre Dame fan as when i was younger my dad would took me to south bend to watch the Irish and ive been in love with college football ever since.
    Jobwise im a Plumber that works for a high end custom homes business.