Live chat with EA developers....now 3pm est

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by jms493, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

online franchise questions only

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Can someone be there the whole time and save a log of the chat for me?

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hi Madden NFL 10 fans! We are here, but we won't get started until the top of the hour. Hang tight and thanks for joining us!
    3:09
    Donny_Moore: Sorry for the delay ladies and gents, but Ryan and I are here to answer your Madden 10 online franchise questions!
    3:09
    Ryan Ferwerda: Hey guys, what's up... You guys ready?
    3:10
    [Comment From Judd]
    Is it possible to change a players position; RT-->RG, etc?
    3:10
    Ryan Ferwerda:

Thanks Judd. No, you can't change positions in Online Franchise. Priority wise, this was on the lower end...
    3:11
    Donny_Moore: Changing positions in general is always a nightmare for us to deal with in offline franchise...so many things are going on there, if we allowed anybody and everybody to go into a online franchise, change all their players to Punter, then leave the franchise, it could leave you with an awful experience
    3:12
    Donny_Moore: so we felt for year one, this was something much lower on our priority list...
    3:12
    [Comment From Kentuckiana]
    Could you explain a bit about how server-side implementation works? Advantages/disadvantages?
    3:14
    Ryan Ferwerda:

Thanks Kentuckiana. Server side implementation had us absolutely start from scratch. Basically, every single feature has to live on the server. This adds quite a lot of complexity to the feature itself. This is also why you see some things that are in offline franchise that aren't in online. We have to bring each of them over individually. That being said, the advantages are huge!

Twitter raczilla: We're now live chatting with @Donny_Moore & @Ryan_Ferwerda about Online Franchise. Info: http://bit.ly/JuluK
    When drafting in my online franchise, I first go after:
    Stud QB
    ( 19% )
    Stud RB
    ( 28% )
    Defensive Stars
    ( 23% )
    Rookies for the Future
    ( 30% )

3:15
    Ryan Ferwerda: The advantage is that you can access and use your franchise from anywhere, be it your PC or your iPhone. Also, we can make changes and fixes on the fly to many of the features in the mode, as some of you who follow me on Twitter have already seen. We are really proud of getting all of this on the server and can't wait to add more.
    3:15
    [Comment From james]
    I accidentally left my franchise and I was the commish for the league, is there anyway to recover my league? I can't see league anymore in my franchise list
    3:16
    Ryan Ferwerda: Hi james. If there was somebody else in your franchise, when you left, they should of been promoted to commissioner. You should be able to rejoin and then have him promote you.
    3:17
    [Comment From Anton B]
    is it possible that you can update league news from Pc to go directly to console
    3:18
    Donny_Moore: Yes, the commissioner can publish league news from the website, and it will show up directly into your league news feed on the console.
    3:19
    [Comment From YLhandLZ]
    Are you looking into issues with the website? It seems that this is sporadically unavailable and I always have issues logging in. Also, a minor cosmetic issue, the player stats usually have the wrong team icon displayed (i.e. swapped with opponent).
    3:21
    Ryan Ferwerda: Yes, we have had some issues with log in's happening and we are improving the stability. If you encounter any log in issues, in the interim, if you clear your cache, your log in issues should be cleared up. As far as the minor cosmetic issue, yes, we are aware and will be fixing it, amongst other bug fixes coming soon. I think you have all seen the quality changes that have even happened over the last week.
    3:21
    [Comment From Mac]
    Any possibility that Favre and Vick can be added to the Free Agent Pool for existing online franchises?
    3:22
    Donny_Moore: No, so when you start your online franchise up, you get the most up-to-date roster update that has been released.

So for instance, right now when you start, you will have Vick on Philly, Favre on Minny, etc.

Now as a total workaround, you could easily have someone sign up in the league, drop favre, drop vick to free agent wire, then hold an offline free agent draft before you start your league.
    [Comment From cuzifelt1ikeit]
    Speaking of managing the online franchise from an iPhone when will that app be available?
    Ryan Ferwerda: The iPhone application has been submitted to Apple and will be releasing soon. If you have any questions on iPhone, please ask.
    3:23
    [Comment From CardsFan52MLB]
    How do you progress your players in OF as well as normal franchise
    3:23
    Donny_Moore: So progression and regression work the same for both offline and online....it is based on statistical data and your players potential rating. It happens
    3:24
    Ryan Ferwerda: A lot of you guys are asking questions about patches/feature additions. We can't talk about these things right now, but I assure, you will see a list and timing soon enough.
    3:24
    Donny_Moore: in the offseason, and your players will show up with their new ratings after you progress past the Super Bowl and into the offseason.
    3:25
    [Comment From CGG]
    Will the iPhone app have push notifications?
    How many online franchises are you in?
    ( 18% )
    ( 41% )
    ( 24% )
    ( 6% )
    ( 6% )
    ( 6% )

Ryan Ferwerda: No, it will not. That technology is something we are looking very hard at, but it's something that came in on Apple's end very late to implement.
    3:26
    [Comment From YLhandLZ]
    How much will the iPhone app cost?
    Ryan Ferwerda:

FREE!!!!!!
    Donny_Moore: free 99!
    Ryan Ferwerda: Really
    it's free
    3:27
    [Comment From LinglestownKing]
    Can it be changed so that any game can be played in any order for a given week? Even if its a Mondy night game, if the players are available to play that should be able to.
    3:28
    Ryan Ferwerda: Yes, you can play in any order during a given week. You just can't play games out or order by week. Make sense?
    3:29
    [Comment From raiderfan1145]
    i haven't got the game yet but i plan on buying it this week and is there a certain time that you have to play the games in OF. Also if u can't make the game at that time what happens
    3:29
    Ryan Ferwerda:

Game scheduling is up to the two guys that have to play. You can take as long or as little time to schedule and play as you see fit.
    3:30
    [Comment From Ben]
    Is there a League MVP, Rookie of the Year, Pro Bowl selections, etc. for online franchise?
    3:31
    Donny_Moore: No we do not have those screens in online franchise this year. It is something that we considered from the start, but it did not make our final priority list unfortunately. We are always looking at features like this moving forward.
    3:34
    [Comment From Stephen]
    Can you trade draft picks during a trade with other users?
    3:36
    Ryan Ferwerda:

Also, so you guys all know why we don't have free agency, financials, contracts, etc... it's because that all of that stuff is as complex as the entirety of Online Franchise that you see. When we set out to do this feature, we wanted to make sure we built a solid, quality base and something that was future proof so we could add things to it. You are already seeing the fruits of that with the ability to access your franchise from anywhere.

Trust me, we didn't forget this stuff you guys are mentioning, and it's definitely on the radar for the future. It's just as complex as the entirety of the rest of the features :)
    3:37
    Donny_Moore: No, you cannot directly trade draft picks thru the console...BUT you can still work this via gentleman agreements and offline arrangements. What we have done in our online franchises at work, team A and team B will reach an agreement, they pcik the players each other owner wants them to pick, then you trade the players back after the draft (or do a drop and sign deal on free agency worst case).
    3:38
    Ryan Ferwerda: Again guys, if you have issues with server down error messages on the site, clean your cache and the problem will clear up. We are looking at why this is happening and will get it fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvienence.
    3:38
    say i have a ps3 can i play my friend who has an xbox 360?
    3:39
    Ryan Ferwerda: No. Both consoles have a similar game experience but the connectivity between the two is something we can't have. The underlying systems on both consoles are very different, including invites and more.
    3:40
    [Comment From james]
    when I created my franchise I turned trades off, but yet I see some players making trades in the league news section? what does the trades off setting do exactly?
    3:41
    Donny_Moore: nobody is being traded when you have trades turned OFF. What is happening here is a minor wording/text bug....it should say Roster Alert, not trade...what you are seeing are players in your league who are dropping/adding players.
    3:42
    [Comment From Kentuckiana]
    Is this chat something you guys intend to continue in the future?
    3:43
    Donny_Moore:

We work hand in hand with raczilla and dewiel (Will Kinsler and Justin Dewiel - Community Managers for EA Sports) and love interacting with the fans and community in this manner.....We get a lot out of these in terms of feedback and ideas for future iterations of Madden.
    3:43
    [Comment From Dave_DQ]
    How many franchises are you guys in (Donny/Ryan)?
    3:44
    Ryan Ferwerda: I'm in 4
    3:45
    does the commisioner set the draft date? If u can't make the draft can u pre rank the players you plan on drafting?
    Donny_Moore: I am in 4 at the moment. I am holding out one spot for an Online Franchise that I am creating that will work in conjunction with the NFL season, where we advance once a week and our Super Bowl will take place the same time as the real Super Bowl in Feb. Anybody want a spot? Cool
    Ryan Ferwerda:

Yes, he does. There is a draft board that you can set your pre-ranks are on if you can't make it.
    3:46
    DocHowser: Going to share with everyone a few screenshots from the iPhone app coming up...
    3:47
    [Comment From Tim Tribble]
    I see the same draft class in my online league that i see in my offline franchise. Will the player ratings be the same? I'd like to use this knowledge against my opponents.
    3:47
    Ryan Ferwerda: These iPhone photos are live from my phone btw :)
    3:48
    DocHowser: Yes, we hijacked his phone. We're currently calling Argentina and random 900 numbers.
    Donny_Moore: So offline and online franchises utilize the same rookie draft classes, but the random classes are randomized in a way to not always happen year 1, year 2, etc. So for example, in year 1 of online franchise, you will get one of 5 year 1 classes, randomly. Year 2, you will get one of four year 2 classes, so forth and so on. So yes, use this to your advantage Timmy Tribble!
    [Comment From Swaygodeus]
    Is there a chat box during the draft where we could offer trades and such?
    3:49
    Ryan Ferwerda:

Yes, there is a chat box both on the web as well as on the console. You are able to chat back and forth with each other as well, which is awesome.
    3:49
    Ryan Ferwerda: Jeff, if the site is down, please clear your cache and try logging in again.
    3:50
    Expand
    3:50
    DocHowser: There's your chance to be able to see both conferences from the iPhone. Select your team, or check out how everyone else is doing.
    3:51
    Donny_Moore:

Quick poll coming up....What is your FAVORITE feature from Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise? Love to hear what you guys think we did well here...love the feedback!
    3:52
    What is your favorite feature of Online Franchise?
    NFL Fantasy-Style Draft
    ( 8% )
    32 Human Teams
    ( 42% )
    Web/iPhone/Everywhere Access
    ( 8% )
    Multiple Season/Progression
    ( 42% )

3:53
    Expand
    3:53
    DocHowser: Check out the stats and ratings for a player from your iPhone!
    3:54
    DocHowser: Anybody notice that Ryan's phone is about to die? Gotta get that last screen
    [Comment From Jeff]
    Is there a way to see free agents on the online site? Or can you only see FA's on the console?
    Ryan Ferwerda: Hi Jeff, if you are the commissioner, you can view free agents and have full add/drop control.
    [Comment From aidan]
    during the draft do you only get so much time to pick or is there an option where you can set a certain amount of time for each round in the draft?
    3:55
    Donny_Moore: Yes, the commish has the ability to set the time per pick to 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, and 60 seconds. Once the commish changes the draft time mid-draft, the next round, that new time will apply to all future rounds.
    3:56
    Highlight vids? How many can we have?
    Ryan Ferwerda:

5 for Online Franchise
    [Comment From Mark]
    how would i search for that app on my iPhone
    3:57
    DocHowser: It has not yet been added to the App Store, but keep an eye out. It will be soon. We'll also obviously announce it on easports.com too.
    Expand
    [Comment From adembroski]
    Donny, why does everyone wanna beat you?
    3:58
    Donny_Moore:

No clue! I am not that good really! Guess I have a large target on my back with the ratings stuff....
    3:59
    Are you guys still checking Operation Sports for bugs/errors/ideas?
    4:00
    Donny_Moore: Yes, we are checking Operation Sports, our EA Sports forums, Twitter, Facebook...anywhere and everywhere for feedback. We know you fans our our best resource when it comes to getting feedback about Madden.
    4:00
    Ryan Ferwerda: If you follow me on Twitter, you know I'll reply as long as you ask questions without attacking ;)

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

waste o time!

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Yea. That question about "I have a PS3, can I play my boy if he has a 360?" WTF!!! Are you serious.

7. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

I couldnt beleive someone asked that question.

8. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

This was pretty much a waste of time. No new info, and they just fielded the softballs...