Live Draft Suggestions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Apr 15, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Live Draft Suggestions

If I missed this I apologize, but how do you think that we should do the draft this year? This is something that I am always asked about by other owners. I think that we can agree that Mumble did not work out quit the way we thought that it would last year. IMO, the voice feature was great in theory, but did not translate as well once we were live. I think that we should just do a straight (type) messenger this year. Have one room for the board and one for the other owners. This will allow us to post the pick in the owner chatroom as they happen. Once the pick is posted, it will be easier to follow for them. It will be up to the owners to have the spreadsheet printed out that Win created and can scratch them off as we go. Thoughts?

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well i dont know how much BETTER a non-voice chat 2 room system will work either. I am up for either really. I wish there were a way for us to have it all in one room. I dont know if there were a way to do like bold type when its a pick and announcing a pick and then have a separate.. Oh, wait. I am thinking out loud here but what about this.
    We have a room on mumble for us - voice talk. Then have a type only room where everyone can be in. This way we can talk and read/type all at the same time. We can have the room where we have board discussions and then the main type only page where we can tell them what pick is coming up, they can make their picks, ect.

We could do a bold/large type for making our pick, and a normal time for talking.

thoughts?

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I just got home and created a test franchise. I ran a test draft to see some ways that we can make it better. Was the reason that we simmed the draft and made it outside of the PSN because of trading picks? I am just curious because seeing how this test draft worked, we can pause the draft in between picks. As long as people are there, couldn't we just pause the draft until they are ready to make their pick? This would allow us to know what players are still available and be able to sort. If there was another reason, let me know. I am just trying to come up with the best way to do this.

4. natedawg212000

because the way our offseason works (and i really dont want to change it) is because we do the offseason free agents and drops FIRST. The draft then becomes a place where teams can fill bpa instead of needs. in the franchise you can't do that. its the draft first and there is no offseason for free agents.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

I like the idea of a voice chat for the board room....there's a ton going on as we found out, and typing takes too long. I do agree however that we could make a chat only room to announce the picks to the owners. I think AIM has a feature where you can invite as many people as you want to a convo correct? I also know it has voice chat capabilities. Maybe I'll check this out and see how we could do it.

6. natedawg212000

ya, look into that.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You can create "groups" with aim and only allow certain individuals in. I think that has the most clarity in comparison with voice chat. Just because there is more regulation as to how many can chat at the same time as well as logs every comment so you don't miss any. If you guys want an example of how it works let me know and I can show you a test run as I have done it before.

8. natedawg212000

i dont think that we should allow 'voice chat' with the normal owners in the draft room. It will be too much for the board members to listen to that and do our own. unless its mutable.