Live Tuner Update

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Colemanchu, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I don't know if it was this bad before but the game I played today, when the QB scrambled - my LBs and DBs literally stood still in place.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Kind of like this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Wow

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Good lord.

Golf clap for EA everyone!

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, done ROFLing now. I'm trying to hold out hope...but i feel like the game won't be worth more than $2 bucks at Gamestop if I wait much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, im switching to the option with UCLA in AM :cool:

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

LMAO​

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

At least the DB is covering the guys on the sidelines...just in case.

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The patch was supposed to fix that stuff!!!

So it seems the patch (aka virus) actually caused more issues than it fixed and it took them 2 months to get it together. What did they do for 2 months with this thing? And if it took them this long to come up with this, it'll take 4 months to fix it. Tiburon clearly needs a bigger budget for game testing.

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

But didn't you see all the cool commercials?? And the dreads...that was worth the $60 for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GoGators

LOL....I love the dreads. It's why I play the game :) It makes everything so realistic.

14. Dru50

Hey Gators, it isn't all bad. The patch appeared to bring back late option pitches, circa NCAA 2011. I was running practice last night to see if QB's were any quicker on the option and was late pitching the shit out of my defense.(y)

15. GoGators

Hahah, here comes more TSO debates. Did you think the QB's were any quicker on speed options?

16. Dru50

No.

Nor was I able to notice that WR's blocked any better on the option plays than they did before, which was one of the 'supposed' corrections of the patch.

17. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

They made at least $40 million based on the 800k copies they sold at launch. Does this game really come anywhere near that number to produce?

18. GoGators

I can't imagine it does. I've meant to try looking at the EA 10-K filing to see if they disclose that detail but haven't yet. I doubt they do anyways. Regardless though, there's no way this game can cost anywhere near $40 M to produce. IF it did, Haumiler would be rolling in Bentley's and popping bottles haha. Considering they just rollforward last years game and make updates there's simply no way.

19. GoGators

I didn't think so either. Why the QB acceleration isn't dictated by his ratings is beyond me anyways. I mean isn't that the point of the ratings after all? It especially sucks because while the QB is stuck taking his first 3 steps in moon boots, the CPU safeties are free and already to the LOS by the time you can do anything. Why can the CPU safeties go 10 yards before my QB can go 3? Why EA? Why?

20. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

21. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Yup

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    are all option plays getting this type of reaction or just speed option?

23. GoGators

The game quality section of that is quite telling as well. For those too lazy to click the link:

For 2006, the games review aggregation site Metacritic gives the average of EA games as 72.0 (out of 100); 2.5 points behind Nintendo (74.5) but ahead of the other first-party publishers Microsoft (71.6) and Sony (71.2). The closest third-party publisher is Take-Two Interactive (publishing as 2K Games and Rockstar Games) at 70.3. The remaining top 10[70]publishers (Sega, Konami, THQ, Ubisoft, Activision) all rate in the mid 60s. Since 2005 EA has published five games, Battlefield 2, Crysis, Rock Band, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age: Origins that received Universal Acclaim (Metacritic score 90 or greater).

EA's aggregate review performance had shown a downward trend in quality over recent years and was expected to affect market shares during competitive seasons. Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson had said, "Poor reviews and quality are beginning to tarnish the EA brand. According to our ongoing survey of GameRankings.com aggregated review data, Electronic Arts' overall game quality continues to fall...Although market share has not declined dramatically to date, in years such as 2007, which promises to have tremendous competition, it seems likely if quality does not improve."[71][72]

EA had also received criticism for developing games that lack innovation vis-à-vis the number of gaming titles produced under the EA brand that show a history of yearly updates, particularly in their sporting franchises. These typically retail as new games at full market price and feature only updated team rosters in addition to incremental changes to game mechanics, the user interface, and graphics. One critique compared EA to companies like Ubisoft and concluded that EA's innovation in new and old IPs "Crawls along at a snail's pace,"[73] while even the company's own CEO, John Riccitiello, acknowledged the lack of innovation seen in the industry generally, saying, "We're boring people to death and making games that are harder and harder to play. For the most part, the industry has been rinse-and-repeat. There's been lots of product that looked like last year's product, that looked a lot like the year before." EA has announced that it is turning its attention to creating new game IPs in order to stem this trend, with recently acquired and critically acclaimed studios BioWare and Pandemic would be contributing to this process.[74][75]

Although majority of this stuffed happened from 2004-2007, it's clear that we're really feeling the effects of it now. So sad.

24. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    That was 7 years ago. EA paid out millions of dollars in OT to make this go away.I think how they are handling the situation sucks but going back to labor issues 7 years ago is kind of silly IMO. Also by employees not giving a shit, all they are doing is setting themselves up to be laid off. If revenue drops, the business is going to do headcount reductions or slash benefits to get to that point.

25. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

wow, is this wth we've been waiting for???? all this time??? boy, we've been had, big time!