LoC Future...Please Read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Aug 25, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

LoC Future...Please Read

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you all know that I have got the ok to start another OD from management, or at least gauge interest for it. Its going to be a late night league, designed for guys on the west coast who cant get online in the early evening (like me) or just guys up late in general. Generally be available for games and offseason stuff from 8pm - 11pm PST.

So, that leaves the LoC possibly in limbo. Does anyone want to step-up and take the commish duties? If I can get enough interest in my late night league, i'll have to leave this one. I cant commish 2 leagues.

I just wanted to be up front with you all before I posted in the new members form about the league. I think we have a pretty solid group here and I know with the right guy running the show, you'll be fine. So let me know.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Meh...

If I have to I'll run it but I'd say that's last resort lol

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I appologize for the timing of this but I've already had to quit 2 OD's because of my schedule and being on the west coast with a wife in school at night and 2 kids. I have to at least try and set something up for us out here on the left coast and see if there is any interest.

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Recchem...stop being gay. This is your league damnit!

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I second with Beazus.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know but i literally cant get online before 8pm PST unless the stars align! My wife goest to school 4 nights a week. So the minute I get home from work, I have a 2 and half year old and 2 month old to deal with. She usually doesnt get home until 9pm. I've been thinking about this since I had to drop out of the Legacy and the Trifecta. Unless you guys are all willing to work with my schedule, I have no choice unless I just stop playing which isnt going to happen :)

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    To my knowledge there hasn't been any issue about you advancing at a slow pace because you haven't been the problem! If anything it's the members who can't schedule games in a timely manner and it's you who's checking up on things. I think your doing a great job though and if anything I'd be willing to help out with the message board things or something like that but I'm sure I can vouch for the league that you should stay.

8. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I understand completely. Do what you need to do. I would try the Commish thing but I think I tried that before. Not sure the Admins would let me have it again. This use to be my league. But if no one else is interested I will try. As long as the members of this league don't object. Not gonna get my feeling hurt either way, but I don't want this league to die.

9. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

recchem we will schedule around you - this is my first TF league and it's been awesome so far..we can make it work out

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Recchem, can ya feel the love!!!

11. Beazus Christ

Feel the non-homo man love emanating from this post and stick around dude.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't have a problem with it as long as you don't dissappear for weeks leaving almost every individual in your league to contact me and ask what is going on... I have no hard feelings about it. It's just my role to keep these leagues moving.

Recchem, when I gave you the okay to start a new league, I didn't know that you were having issues running this one. Hopefully you will continue to be a contributing member to this league.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wasnt having any issues any other league doesnt have. Mostly guys scheduling games in a timely manner. I was more looking at the big picture and my current and future schedule. If I was on the East Coast, all this would be a non issue. Its really just a timing thing. Im not trying to cut out of here and leave everyone hanging. I like this league and the guys in it.

I wanted to test the waters and see if there were anymore guys out there in the same situation time wise as me, so thats why I asked permission to start up another league. Sorry for the confusion Drifter.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll still stay in the league but I wanted to see if anyone else wanted to step up and commish it, so I could try and get the late night league off the ground. I dont want to pay for commish upgrade and frankly running 2 leagues might be too much for little old me. If you guys are willing to work with me, im still in. lilmaggie can take the commish duties after the bowl games are done, which should be by the end of the week if the Big 12 CCG gets played tonight.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stop it you guys are making me blush :D

16. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I totally understand where you're coming from time wise. Having one baby, is bad enough. Things get busy and I think we would respect whatever decision you make. Guys without kids can say all they want about how much work they are, but they really have no clue.

That's why I didn't schedule my Auburn game. It's not because I am a bad guy. Not going to ruin my family life, get fired, or flunk out of Grad school because I have to play a video game. I think my dedication last year should be enough for everyone to lay off of me for at least a little while. Sorry for the rant and I know some of you have not been involved in a league with me, but I don't deserve to be lumped into the "Oh, they can't even get on here and schedule their game." group. It's just that a video game sometimes isn't the number 1 priority in life. This is a pretty scary world if some of you feel otherwise.

17. Beazus Christ

I'm good with lilmaggie resuming commish duties

18. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I never had a problem with him last year.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

bf, i hear where you are coming from. I think all I would ask of you guys if you couldnt schedule the game to post here and let us know...thats all. Dont drag it out if you know you cant get on and play. Believe me having 2 little ones, I understand. Communication is the key to any solid league and I think we have the makings of one here if everyone stays on the same page.

20. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

i'm on the east coast but work nights so i'd be down for your late night league. what are the details. pm if you don't want to bog down this thread.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

PM sent to lilmaggie about taking the wheel. Let me know boss.

22. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

You can't leave...

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not leaving, just turning over the keys to a different driver!