LOC WEEK 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Sep 20, 2010.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

LOC WEEK 5

Week 5 is open. Only one user game(Auburn-South Carolina). I want to advance again Wednesday night.

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Auburn Tigers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 38-14 against Florida (2-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Zach Henry has committed to Auburn

=============== #20 LSU Tigers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 21-20 against Miami (2-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-2).

=============== Georgia Bulldogs (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 17-10 against Tennessee (3-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Kentucky (1-2).

=============== #13 Clemson Tigers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 35-24 against Boston College (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Wake Forest (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Ryan Butler has committed to Clemson

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (2-2) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 37-7 against Mississippi State (2-2).
    This week, the Gamecocks will host Auburn (1-2).

=============== Missouri Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Mario Wilkerson has committed to TCU

=============== #21 Miami Hurricanes (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 21-20 against LSU (3-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #24 Boston College (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Andre Dunn has committed to TCU

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns will host Kansas State (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Tyrone Wright has committed to Penn State

=============== #4 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 38-32 against Virginia Tech (3-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Iowa State (2-1).

=============== #6 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 35-32 against Florida State (2-2).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-1).

=============== #22 Florida State Seminoles (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 35-32 against Oklahoma (3-0).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #9 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 38-32 against Nebraska (3-0).
    This week, the Hokies will host North Carolina (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Michael Burns has committed to Ohio State

2. lilmaggie

Clemson 45
    Wake Forest 14

The Tigers dominated this one after a shaky first quarter. Clemson QB Kyle Parker went 19-27 with 3 TD's. HB Andre Ellington added another TD on the ground as the Tigers improve to 4-0 on the season.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

LSU held off a pesky Mississippi State team 33-28 in Starkville. Full write a bit later today.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2011 Week 5
    #20 LSU Tigers - 33
    Mississippi State Bulldogs - 28​

Starkville, MS – The 20th ranked LSU Tigers survived some sloppy play and turnovers to beat Mississippi State in Starkville, 33-28. The Tigers turned the ball over 4 times, resulting in 2 fumble returns for TD’s for the Bulldogs. Jefferson also threw a pick going in for a score on the opening drive of the game.

On the bright side, Freshman HB Tony Landry had a huge game, rushing for 265 yards and 2 touchdowns. Landry busted lose in the 3rd quarter, taking a dive play 80 yards straight up the gut against the Bulldog D. Stevan Ridley also scored on the ground, giving him 6 rushing TD’s on the season.

Next week, the SEC schedule continues as the Florida Gators invade Death Valley.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    LSU 3 10 13 7 33
    Miss State 0 21 7 0 28

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    LSU Miss State
    First Downs 19 8
    Total Yards 517 319
    Rushes-Yards-TD 42-251-3 27-110-2
    Comp-Att-TD 16-28-1 11-20-0
    Passing Yards 266 209
    Turnovers 4 4
    Fum 2 1
    Int 2 3
    T.O.P. 20:10 11:50

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Jordan Jefferson, LSU 135.6 16 28 266 1 2
    Chris Relf, Miss State 112.7 11 20 209 0 3

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Tony Landry, HB, LSU 25 265 10.6 2
    Brandon Heavens, WR, Miss State 4 72 18.0 1

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Russell Shepard, WR, LSU 4 65 16.2 0
    Brandon Heavens, WR, Miss State 2 74 37.0 0

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Patrick Nelson, MLB, LSU 7 2 0 0 0 0 0
    Brandon Wilson, MLB, Miss State 10 2 0 1 0 0 0

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

FSU 35
    DUKE 32

In Coach Worgum's opening game in the League of Champions FSU survived a tough challenge by a fiesty Duke Blue Devils team. The game did not start well for the Seminoles, as the Blue Devils scored the first 14 points, first off a fifty three yard touchdown pass, then on the first offensive play for the Seminoles RB Jermaine Thomas fumbled the ball and Blue Devils recovered the ball and scored a touchdown. As the first quarter progressed the Seminoles were able to score off a defensive touchdown DB Xavier Rhodes picked off an option pass and took it back for a touchdown.

In the second quarter the Seminoles started taking control of the game by establishing the running game as RB Chris Thompson scored on a 23 yard touchdown run. Then at the end of the half QB Manuel hit Willie Haulstead on 12 yard touchdown pass.

In the second half the Seminoles scored two more touchdowns extending the lead to a commanding 35-17. Then Duke started fighting again pulling with 3 points with over three minutes to go, however it would not be enough as the Seminoles ran out the clock.

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm not going to be able to play until tomorrow night. Sorry for the hold up.

7. lilmaggie

I will advance tomorrow morning when I get home from work. Around 9 EST or after the user gane is complete.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Mizz 43
    Ku 42

This game was a shootout for the ages. I could not get a stop if my life depended on it. Luckily gabbert and co were ready for the challenge putting up 500+ through the air with 3 scores.

9. lilmaggie

Yeah it seems that passing is wasy to easy for both user and CPU. The running game is a little tough for both. i have been trying out all kinds of sliders in my off-line dynasty. I haven't found any that I really like. Feel free to suggest a set if you have some you like.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I gave up trying to tweak the slilders in my league. Everytime I think I had them just right, a tuner update would come out and they would go to shit...so I threw in the towel and am just using what T1 and CTL are using.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I can't run at all. It doesn't help that 99% of my playbook is shotgun. Should have probably checked that out, but I usually run with the teams playbook the first season.

12. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

yeah me and tin will get it on at like 8am est tomorrow morning. Thanks for the patience

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

5am PST Jayrah??? You're a die hard! Make sure the coffee is flowing. Good luck!

14. lilmaggie

I made some adjustments for next week. Maybe it will help the run game for users.

15. lilmaggie

Some of the slider sets I have tested are wild, such as CPU rush defense @ 100. But they are reasons for it and they actually play pretty good. The biggest concern are both the CPU and user run games and the pass rush. It is either feast or famine with these two it seems. If you all are willing we will try stuff from time to time to see if we can actually duplicate a SIM style game.

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Playing as OU, I watched 4, FOUR, OU linemen wiff on Colorado Dlinemen in one play. Colorado blows.

I also watched CU's CB run Ryan Broyles' route for him time and time again. Broyles is 99 overall. Just thought I'd let you know.

17. DirtycashDylan

OU-42
    CU-20

Colorado opened the game with 2 straight fumbles that OU defenders scooped up for scores. Things didn't get easier (or maybe they did) for the Buffs as they lose to the undefeated Sooners by 22. Landry Jones only completed 17 of 32 passes but threw 3 TD passes, all of them to sophomore Kenny Stills.

Next up, the biggest rivalry in college sports-The Red River Shootout

18. Jayrah

No coffee. Will die.

I get 3 1/2 hrs after my shower here to juice up for the early morning brawl. Oh boy!

19. Jayrah

Auburn 10 @ South Carolina 17

Holy Crap! I just survived the defensive slugfest of the season! Only mounted 67 yards of offense, and 25 of that came on one play in overtime. The play was set up perfectly, as I motioned my slot from right to left and the Safety picked him up, however I don't think the S was expecting a corner route, as I had run inside slants and crossing patterns to him all game, so he was slow reacting for the first time all game. My backup qb (who missed a td earlier in the game by overthrowing a wide open rb on a flat pattern on 3rd down), threw a perfect touch pass, just behind the front pylon.

Both defenses scored in the first half, and Auburn went on 2 lengthy drives that resulted in only 3 points combined. But the real difference was 3 Auburn Int's, one of which was the final play when the ball didn't get high enough to avoid Gilchrist, my star LB. Gilchrist also had the pick 6 earlier.

I gotta say Tin, that was a whale of a game you played. I had 4 or 5 breaks the entire game, and luckily that was enough. You certainly deserved that one. I thought I had important drives going 3 times, and holding calls wiped out HUGE 1st downs for me on each of those drives. I was really getting depressed man. I made perfect play calls and I was getting no reward!

Great Game Dude! Oh and sorry about accepting that offsides penalty. I wanted to decline it, but I don't think I've ever declined or had a penalty declined that wasn't beneficial to the user, so my brain overruled my heart on that one. That was clearly a bad acceptance on my part though, seeing as you had no control before my line was even set and it gave me first down. Again man sorry bout that. I think it resulted in 3 more plays and a punt for me, so hopefully no big deal. I wouldn't do that to you again. Hopefully that defensive effort gets you some wins.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hokie and Beazus...whats the deal guys? Not getting your CPU games in. I think maggie is planning on advancing this puppy today.

21. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

My bad....didn't realized we advanced. I will get mine in tonight before 9pm est.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think you guys missed the boat. Pretty sure we advanced to week 6 already today.

23. DirtycashDylan

Meh, you caught a break. It happens both ways. You did the right thing accepting the penalty imo.

24. DirtycashDylan

Maggies learning...

25. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

They said that this would be fixed by the new patch. It didnt. Cant run a hitch route cause the CB breaks on it before the WR even starts his breakdown. The CB runs stride for stride w/ the WR on post routes. Its kinda stupid not gonna lie.