Longest Winning Streak

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hokie Effect, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

First I want to say that the guys in the Trifecta are awesome. They are very competitive, fun to play against, define sim, and provide great content to the forums. With that said I am playing with Penn State in T3 and am currently on a 60 game winning streak after wrapping up my 4th straight BCS title. In the 7 years of the dynasty I am 89-2 with 5 BCS titles. Again much love to the Trifecta guys, without you this wouldn't be possible [​IMG]

Just curious if anyone else has any success stories they wish to share.....

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

LOL
    [​IMG]

3. KnightNoles

click my link in the sig, too bad the tables will be screwed up but that is another topic :D

Coast2Coast
    NCAA '10
    6 years
    4 of 6 National Titles, 3 in a row​
    42 game win streak and a 20 game win streak​
    ridiculous home win streak 40+​

4. Hokie Effect

Yeah I remember playing you in the Southern Exposure last year, you ar very good on the sticks. I think you, Ksherm, and Hova have to be the toughest to beat on TF (that I have played).....

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The problem with those tables is the disconnect between keyboard and user.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't remember you being all that good (no offense, neither am I) when you were in The Legacy. Who else is in the Trifecta? That overall record is crazy.

7. Hokie Effect

Yeah I wouldn't say I am a dominant player either I average 2 losses a year in the Legacy in this edition. Trust me there have been many close games that could have gone either way, controversial calls (phantom pass interference this year), and some luck during this streak in Trifecta. Brave, BigSlick, Twist, Beazus, PapaPerry, Blonde, Dru, and BDS are all in T3. Some other guys I didn't mention are playing with mid level teams and haven't been as competitive. I honestly don't expect it to last much longer and I am kind of ready to end it (not great with the pressure and target on my back/head). But until then I will enjoy it I guess. I am definatley not trying to gloat, just thought I would share......

8. KnightNoles

tables from old software to this new software.... cmon man write us a good table code! LMAO! hahaha

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Winning streaks like this only happen on the Xbox side of the house;)

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    @OMlawdog

OM has an impressive streak in The Deuce. He kills everyone and I can't remember the last time he had a user game that was close. I'll let him chime in on the actual numbers.

He did the same thing in NCAA '09.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Cmon Trifecta, how you gunna let hokie run wild on you like that?

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I refuse to acknowledge your win streak as valid.

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Youre just lucky im not in trifecta anymore

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

He's just lucky, period.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I think he's at 57 games.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Winning streaks are the type of thing I wouldn't create a post about if I had one. I had them in the past and didn't brag then.... It helps me to not take shit from people about sucking now.

Also... If it is such a big deal to you to dominate every single year... I kinda don't want you in my league. Most of the leagues in the tradition are about, and for, people who have things going on. Who want to put a reasonable amount of time into the game, enjoy it for what it's worth, and not always win. Could I be a lot better if I labbed the shit out of the game and knew all the money plays? Probably. And frankly (not to hurt anybody's feelings) but you don't have long ass win streaks most of the time unless you have straightened out the kinks to where you have a pretty significant advantage in your favor to start the game. Whether that is figuring out every aspect of recruiting to where you cannot be beaten for a player... Or on the field... Or whatever it is.. It's really not what TSO is all about (at least for me). I'm sure TSO means different things to every player.

Now... Take my words with a grain of salt please... I have had modest (35+ win streaks in which things just went my way at the end of games (from my perspective). Luck... Etc... and it does happen. There are games where I do put more time in just because I love them. If that's you with NCAA I don't mean to diss you.

Sometimes I think we should have one more league for the very serious folk to go and bang heads. I wouldn't let Helli from Forza 3 into Tradition 1. I'm just sayin.

17. KnightNoles

18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I agree with a lot of what hellisan said.

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Man, I don't know if y'all realized this but ALOT of us are competitive... very few are playing to 'lose but have fun'... we're ALL trying to win... most of us competitive people just know how to lose and be good sports about it... I think its kind of impressive to get a streak like that... alot of us would post a streak like that somewhere, either in a thread or their signature... let's keep it real... on the other hand, it makes me want to get NCAA for the Xbox because I'm tired of 'working' on the PS3 side for wins;)

20. KnightNoles

@JerzeyReign
    ;) give me a chaos spot and i'll show ya how its done :D

21. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Should get another PS3 / Xbox tournament rolling. Was fun when I won the first one.

22. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

When I opened this thread and it wasn't about Charlie Sheen I was really disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
  23. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

HAHAHA

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We only had 12 members then, LOL.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Get an Xbox then. Lots of yakking about your skill level...