Longhorns Shake Up Coaching Staff

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Domino427, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Domino427

Domino427 Walk On

Despite a 4-2 record and sitting at #11 in the polls, the University of Texas decided it was time to part ways with longtime Head Coach Mack Brown. Taking his place is Minnesota State legend Hayden Fox.

The highly-decorated Fox has never coached Division I football. However, much like a hockey team from his home state, Fox is headed south to Texas in search of bigger and better things.

While initial rumors were that Fox intended to bring Dauber Dybinski to Austin with him, Dybinski wasn't able to be pried from underneath a rock in the bottom of the sea. Instead, Fox retains all of Brown's staff, most notably Offensive Coordinator and former Longhorn QB Major Applewhite.

The Longhorns have a bye this week, and will travel to take on Texas Christian next week.

• Like Like x 2
  2. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

what about Luther?

3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Love it lol. Used to love that show as a kid

4. Domino427

Domino427 Walk On

Haha...thanks. I don't remember a lot of it, as I was just a young'n at the time, but I remember enough to appreciate it. Thought it'd be a fun tie-in.

Also considered Jimmy McGinty (The Replacements) and Danny O'Shea (Little Giants), but neither had a look-alike in the Create-a-Coach