Lookey what I got for christmas.....

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jms493, Dec 26, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Damn dude that sucks big time.. I had that happen to me a few years back but it wasn't on christmas... I feel for ya dude.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's F'd up. What kind of car is that, I'm guess audi.

My garage: 1989 180sx sr20det hatch

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

09 A4 for 5000 miles on it...

5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

That blows. And that is a beautiful color on those cars. Thieves and vandals are among my most disliked people ever.

Mike

6. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Love the car man, but that sucks donkey dick.

7. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Oh wow man, sorry to see that mate. I know what I'd do to em

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

LOL....Not laughing at your car. Laughing because I to had problems with vehicles. Backed out of my driveway with my 05 Dodge Ram 1500 and thought I bumped the neighbors car parked on the side of the road.......Not really...

Smashed in there rear Door. This happend on Christmas Morning.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

That is the most chickenshit thing to do to someone's car.

It is also not cheap to fix...two door repaint and they will have to blend the paint. Not something you want to get done by a rookie painter.

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

hate to say this for a fix it route, but weigh your deductible versus how much it would cost you to fix it, versus living with that bullshit damage. i have a honda accord 2003. no biggie whatever right? well one day i go to my car to go to work and some dumbfuck hit my front left fender and didnt leave a note. i lived in a court at the time and only logical way the damage could have come from was the car across the street from me backing out of driveway and hitting my car. OF COURSE THEY DIDNT DO IT OR KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE. i found a trace of blue almost dead on your car, and wouldnt you know they have a friend who stops by with a truck the exact color blue that was on my car.

sorry about the long post, but at this point im venting!!! so i had moved to that house about 4 months prior. my car insurance over lapped because they sent the bill to my old address. when i re-instated my policy i had to go down and re-take pics of my car since policy ended! so i was uninsured for about 3 weeks at the time this happened and i am living with this dent on my car now because i dont feel like dropping 1200 bucks to get a problem fixed that doesnt affect my car performance anyways.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That sucks JMS.

Like Foshe said, that scratch looks down to the metal. No amount of buffing or waxing will take that out. Paint and blend is your best bet. At least it isn't black, it's the most difficult to blend.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah my dad is going to take it tomorrow. It is possible that it is only the clearcoat they scratched and it could be wet-sanded....that's being positive. it was in my girlfriends possession when it happened. Probably some jealous boyfriend I dont know about...;-)

might go the insurance route. the paint it pretty much brand new so hopefully it wont be hard to blend.

13. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i would suggest something about your unfortunate luck... dont turn it into insurance, unless its going to cost a lot, you will be much better off in long run. i work in the insurance industry and the thing that people forget is that the more claims that are paid out by the AIP(your insurance company) the increase in rates across the board(including your premium). now i understand if its going to to cost you 1500-2k dollars then ya i would say turn it in.. its going to cost you (most likely) $500 unless you have a high deductible 1k plus. just some food for thought.

t2

14. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

$600 to fix....gotta paint both doors and part of the QP......could be worse i guess.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Damn. (8)