Looking Ahead to Season 2

Discussion in 'Southern Fried Dynasty' started by PIG BOMB, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

As season 1 is almost done we look ahead to season 2!!

Firstly, your playbooks can change as you might want to select a new one for season 2 that better fits your recruiting class or underclassmen.

Second will be a look at sliders. It think are pretty good right now and most of our success is because the teams we are playing in the MAC and MW suck.

So that brings me to the schedule. Expect a tougher schedule and more user games if we can work it out.

If you get fired at the end of this year we'll talk about your options at that time. Otherwise we are at these schools for at least one more year. At the end of season 2 you are free to take jobs (head or coordinator) in the ACC, SEC, or Big 12 and get your Southern Fried mojo on!

• Like Like x 2
  2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

3. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

One more year in Toledo ugh. I think I can... I think I can...I think I can. lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Im growing fond of my boys but cant stand the akron playbook. PIG BOMB is there anyway we will get to the point where we can add a formation or two? Its not unrealistic for a coach to come to a program and make some changes for the better. For instance the wyoming playbook would have been my first option for realism sake but they didnt have a single formation with a fullback. Not one.

Coach Kane is an old hard ass who played for army and he loves smashmouth football. It would only make sense for him to install one or two I-form formations.

Is there anyway we could do like depending on what level coach we are or after a certain amount of seasons at the helm that we can add formations. Like not change the plays under the current forms. Just like lets say we were able to add one formation for every 2 seasons. If Ive lead my team to an 8 win season or possibly 2 decent seasons. Wouldnt it be normal for the administration to trust me enough to bring in some changes to the playbook. Could add a little spice to the OD and there could be tough restrictions like you have to have a certain amount of wins for it to be a "winning" season.

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

the main reason i avoided custom playbooks is two fold

first - they have been buggy in the past and have caused issues within online dynasties and even user v user games (i ran into several guys that i was unable to play unless we did not use cusotm books) - hopefully these issues are resolved this year

second - people tend to add thier 'money" plays and formations to a playbook that already has a bnunch of stuff they like so you end up with too many money plays

we'll get all the coaches together for a metting before we kick off season two and you can bring this up for discussion and we'll go from there

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Utah State PB is flithy... all kinds of fun stuff to run :notworthy:

7. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Makes sense, I didnt think about all the angles I guess haha

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Sliders have been changed (8/16). This is our base set for bowls and to start next season.

QB Accuracy: 15/15
    Pass Blocking: 15/35
    WR Catching: 35/40
    RB Ability: 50/50
    Run Blocking: 0/35
    Pass Coverage: 70/85
    Interception: 35/45
    Rush Defense: 55/100
    Tackling: 55/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 40/45
    FG Accuracy: 30/50
    Punt Power: 35/35
    Punt Accuracy: 50/50
    Kickoff Power: 35/35

Penalties
    Offsides - 75
    False Start - 40
    Holding - 50
    Facemask - 50
    OPI - 15
    DPI - 15
    KR/PR Int. - 55
    Clipping - 50
    Int. Grnd - 75
    RTP - 50
    RTK - 50

9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  10. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

One question, are we allowed to change the in game settings of aggressive/balance/conservative? Coming from the Duece we were never allowed. Just wondering.

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

PIG BOMB - Coming in at the tail end of Season 1, in the unlikely event I am offered a new coaching position after season 2, am I allowed to accept it or will I be required to play an additional full season at Utah State?

12. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

you can take a job after season 2 just like the rest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.