Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Nov 15, 2010.

?

Read the post

1. A) yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. B) no

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. C) yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. D) no

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. alemic

alemic Walk On

Just a quick look into next season here are a few rules I am thinking about implementing.

This is a poll, you can make multiple choices, but only pick 2. Basically there are 2 questions, respond to each one one time.

First question:
    Should we require teams to stay with their 1 star school, IE no going to 2+ star schools.
    A) yes
    B) no

Second question:
    Should we allow switches during the off-season to one star schools. IE you cant win with Army, switch to the newly 1 star Purdue.
    C) yes
    D) no

2. titangator

titangator Walk On

Dont we have some system set up where you can advance schools?

and....

I say no to this because... if a school like Purdue or something is struggling, they are gonna wanna find a good coach to get their program back on track... not a coach who struggled to win at army...

• Like Like x 1
  3. alemic

alemic Walk On

@titangator

1) yes we do which is why i am asking everybody to see if they would like to drop this system in order to have everybody stay at their schools to build them up.

2) i understand that, what if we implemented you have to be over .500 to switch? Idk it just gives coaches a new chance, coming in the next few years of the dynasty its not like a team that drops to a 1 star is likely to be good. i cant really stop people from switching to new programs since I did it myself and I allowed Breezy to do it as well. So far we have had 4 people vote, once we hit 10 we will see what the verdict is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. titangator

titangator Walk On

honeslty if i can somewhat build mtsu into a perennial top 25 team i probably will not want to swtich anyway

• Like Like x 1
  5. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Yea the only way I would want to switch is to another crappy team but I want to try to build up Idaho.

• Like Like x 1
  6. alemic

alemic Walk On

well we are up to 6... looks like we are going to only allow you to stay with your school and switch to any 1 star team at the end of the year

• Like Like x 1
  7. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

oops my dumb ass clicked no to the first one i meant yes.. to no u have to stay and cant switch..

• Like Like x 1
  8. alemic

alemic Walk On

ah.. well maybe part 2 is still in the air lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

I say you stay with your school a minimum of 2 years. If at the end of 2 years you want to make a lateral move to a 1 star thats debatable. Once our league as a whole has moved our schools to 2 stars then new joiners can pick a 2 star and so on with 3 stars etc.

10. alemic

alemic Walk On

That actually sounds like not to bad of an idea... What do you guys think?

11. titangator

titangator Walk On

not a bad idea, but then it kind of erases the whole SHAME to FAME aspect...

but then at the same time.. if we are all 3 star schools, and then a new user joins and they are a1 star... they will be way behind

12. alemic

alemic Walk On

Well honestly I am hoping that the 12 we have now stick. Today was the first time I've come onto the forums and been happy with the amount of posts and activity we had, nice job everybody. JGW might be the only person I replace not because I don't like him or anything he has done, he is just to busy for the dynasty

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

@alemic

well that would definitely be a good thing if we get a solid 12 and rol...

alemic, check Q4TB

14. alemic

alemic Walk On

So far we have a strong 11 I think especially with Paw, and Tubb coming to the group we are looking pretty good right now