Looking at some stats

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Nov 2, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

While I was waiting for the advance, I thought to myself I bet my guys are doing well individually. I believe I have found a QB who can throw more often to my team than the opponent. So I wanted to see the stats to see how my boys fared against the country and the conference. This what I discovered, WSU is back in terms of a passing attack. New starter Casey Mills is second in the country in terms of yardage, he leads the conference in attempts, completions, and yardage. His completion percentage is 56%. He has 7 TD passes to 3 Ints. My receivers are 1, 2, 3 and in receptions, and are in the top 10 in yardage in the conference.

Then I looked at the rushing statistics, I think one of us is stating padding Cheez. 7 TDs in two games, isn't that a bit high. What are you trying to do break Barry Sanders' single season TD mark of 36?;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

you mean i haven't broken that one yet? Now I have a goal!

In all seriousness - Gibson got nine carries in the last game, and he scored on four of them. Three of his touchdowns were from over 40 yards iirc, with the last one being a punch in from the one at the end of the first half.

3. gowazzucougs

I know, I looked at the game recap, Gibson last touchdown was in the second quarter. It looks like you found one hell of a beast RB, or line is impenetrable

4. Cheez

1st play of my game vs utah: 67 yd TD run by Tony Smith (speed back).

Does that answer your question as to which it is ;)

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have a little flea at RB this season. He is right up on the rushing leaderboards though. Have a true Freshman backing him up who is more of a workhorse. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe the Bucks will have two 1,000yd rushers this season.

6. Cheez

Through 5 Games:

Matt Gibson - 17 TDs - on pace for 41 in the regular season, 44 if we play 13 games, 48 if we play 14

The record is 37. Can he get there?!

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just looking at stats...my starting QB has 3 TD's and 10 picks. My backup has 2 TD's and 2 picks giving me a great 5:12 ratio. Boy my passing game has looked awful.

8. Cheez

Through 6 games:

Matt Gibson - 20 rushing TDs

The record is in legitimate jeopardy!!

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Throw the ball you puss :) And quit running it outside :p

10. gowazzucougs

You need to look at the career stats of WSU senior QB Mark Johnson, if this game kept records for interceptions, this guy would have broken them. Last season I think he had 20 Ints and 2 TDs, don't ask me, I was on AP for two user games. Of course in back to back games, I think he threw like 10 interceptions (he was hurt). This season in the first game he threw one off the bat, and I simply pulled him. I started him against OSU because I was going to lose the game, so i figured start the guy who has no confidence. The new starter got injured like in Week 5 and is out for the year, so I had to go back to Mark Johnson, this his season stats, remember he has only really played like 3 complete games, 45-87-636 yards, 3 TDS, and 12 Ints. I have absolutely no confidence in this guy. The team's third stringer has seen limited time he is 7-7-133 yards 2 TDs, 0 Ints, and has a passer rating of 353.9. And he was the QB that led the team to game winning score against Utah.