Looking for a playbook

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by johngalt11, Jul 24, 2010.

1. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Looking for a playbook

Hey Guys,

I normally play with Michigan. I think I need to stay with a spread type of offense but I hate the I formations that Michigan has to offer. They have iform-slot and iform-double TE's. I want a playbook that has some spread to it but also has the I-form normal or even Iform-twins. That way I can run the ball like Michigan used to before rich rod, while still using being able to spread the field at times. Basically a mix between rich rod's open offense and Carr's conservative offense.

Am I asking for too much?

2. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

i know multiple playbooks have under center formations with some spread aspects in the passing game, but that probably has more under center than you'd like. i haven't seen anything with i-form and mainly shotgun. usually in the spread playbooks, it's all ace formations, since the FBs on that team usually aren't that good.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Try the Texas book. It's mostly shotgun stuff, but I know there's a few I-form sets also.

Spurrier's book has some interesting stuff, too. I form with the triple option, and plenty of spread stuff. I think there's a strong I set, too.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The Ohio State playbook has alot of what you're looking for too.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

try Texas A&M

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Check Penn St, they have spread out of both the shotgun and ACE. It also has three I forms and it's goaline formation is POWER I, which is sick. Also a lot of interesting route combinations in the passing game.

7. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

thanks guys I will check them all out. except OSU. JK.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This link is very helpful for finding a playbook with the formations you want.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Also check this guys review of all the playbooks. I think he even ranks them (according to his opinion) in different categories like spread/pro, etc.