looking for opinions

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

looking for opinions

This is not about Trad football dynasties

What would you do if you joined a dynasty late and your first game is the last game of the season against the #1 team in the dynasty who is another user?

The commissioner of the dynasty, not the #1 team, sent a message to the user who is the #1 team telling him that he should just go ahead and play the cpu.

I joined the dynasty in question before the season started and the user specifically asked to play me before scheduling was done. I left the dynasty in question because there was poor communication by my first opponent that ultimately caused me to miss my game. I rejoined the dynasty because I was given the impression that the communication problem was fixed.

When I rejoined the dynasty in question I found out it was in the same season so I asked for the same team. The user I am supposed to play in that dynasty was the main reason I came back, I consider him a straight up guy and have played online against him before. Was looking forward to playing him again.

The only thing I have to gain in playing the game and winning is it would salvage my season. No bowl game for me though.

My options are to stay in said dynasty and play user.
    Stay in dynasty and let the game be simmed.
    or retire from dynasty because it seems like nothing has changed in that dynasty.

Any thoughts?

Reminder:

This is not about Trad football dynasties

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I would say it wouldn't be fair to the other user who is #1.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Did you leave in week 1 and join back up in the last week of the season = should let the guy play the computer, not fair for the guy to go through the whole season and then lose because you left and came back for the last game of the season.

I had a dynasty for 09 ran by another guy and he determined anybody that joined in late weeks 7-Champ and were in contention for National Title had to take a loss unless they had a user game coming up, because it wasnt fair for those that had been in the dynasty and scheduled multiple user games...

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I left in week 2

I came back in week 11 or 12. I haven't played a game with the team I am using. The first week I came back I had a bye, maybe 2 byes in a row.

It's not about whether I win or lose. The guy has far superior talent on his team than I do on mine. He also is a far better player in the game than I am. He and I have played in a different dynasty and he beat me. My team was the stronger team overall leading up to that game.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I would just retire from that league. Alot because i have retired from a couple dynasty's because of communication issues and they are never really fixed. Thats why i am glad derr told me about this site. I have had zero communication problems and the rules make things so much smoother. Why waste ur time on a league that the communication is poor when there are alot of other leagues where u can enjoy and have no communication problems

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I dont play NCAA so maybe ignore me, But just from a human and competitive standpoint:

1. If hes as good a guy as you say he is, he will be happy to play you instead of the CPU. If he plays you and loses he will take it like a man understanding that you came in like any other owner to an open team, just happened to be one that he was going to get an easy win against.

2. Earning a win vs a human is almost always better than beating a predictable CPU (I know the CPU is godlike at times) but honestly, hes beaten some user teams to get to #1.

3. If your gut is telling you that maybe you rejoining is a bad idea and You have yet to play a game= RUN, you have too little free time to waste any on a a bad idea. Like NDColts said.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Do you enjoy the league? The other owners? Is it worth your time and effort if your this taken back by what is going on?

IMO dont waste your game time on a league that jacks around. Find good ones and enjoy it, dont over think it man.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Never had a chance to enjoy it.

The communication in that dynasty is poor but not the worst communication in a dynasty I have ever been in. That dynasty even had a website devoted to it that almost no one uses. I have been in worse communicated dynasties but the games are played and no one really has/had any issues.

I am going to drop that dynasty.