Looking to Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mikedredd, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Hey guys,

I was thinking of ways to make this OD the best it can be, but the main thing I want is for it to be fun, that is why we all play video games in the first place, right? First of all, does anyone have experience with or consider themselves a slider guru? For the most part I like these sliders but some adjustments, I believe, should be made, especially to help user passing. Only 1 user is above 46% completions. I was thinking of using the BCS Chaos sliders but with those the CPU offense is a freakin beast and with the low rated teams some of us have, we would never win, which is neither fun nor sim. Any input will be considered and appreciated.

I will be modeling our OD alot after BCS Chaos because we have fun over there, and do some great things content wise. Plus if you are looking to jump to a premier league I want this OD to help make you ready (although some of you already are, but you know what I mean, c'mon man!) Plus there are one or two guys yet to check in which means either they are not keeping up with us here in the forums, or they just dont care. I will find out soon and deal with it accordingly, then I will try and recruit a couple of guys, but I am ready regardless. I would rather roll with 6 or 7 other guys getting their games done than a full OD where things are always stalling out. Advances will be every 48 hours when there are user games to be played, an additional day will be granted only for user games if the guys have made an honest effort to schedule and play their game. if in a week there are CPU games only, we will advance in 24 hours no exceptions. This is why it is mandatory to post in the weekly scheduling thread. If you are coming up on a deadline and at the last second ask for an extension it will be denied and your game simmed. Let's communicate and get this OD on a roll.

In the preseason I will make announcements regarding content requirements and a policy change in recruiting. Until then I anticipate your ideas, questions and comments.

Mike

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah I am down for whatever. Once I get my cpu I may get into chaos. Was apart of that for a very long time and miss the fun that happens there. Just need to make sure that I can do it schedule wise. As far as sliders goes we do have lower rated teams but if most of the guys are looking to move to a premier spot then they need to experience the tougher sliders. Will less quality teams it will only make you better. It will improve your stick skills as well. Personally I don't care what sliders are because I will just adapt my style to the sliders. As a DC it may be rough but it wouldn't matter to me at all

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Look at the Illini fan

lets have another 6-3 game,

4. NDCOLTS1979

Lol yeah that never happened again for me a score like that

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Offseason is almost here. First up will be the coaching carousel
    redwings since you have only one year at Baylor you will be ineligible to switch teams this offseason unless your alma mater offers you a job (please state in the thread which school is your alma mater) Colts and pitt4life you guys joined midseason so next offseason you will be eligible to leave unless of course your alma maters offer you a job (again list your alma mater below)...leaving only utah state, idaho, san jose st, and new mexico st coaches eligible for any job offers. Are any of you interested in changing jobs or are you gonna stay put? I only ask because if everyone stays put we can skip the CC and move on. In any case everyone should list their alma mater here so no one loses out on their dream job.

Mikedredd - the real USC (Trojans fools) lol

Also I think it is just easier to go one step in offseason per day...but if anyone is done recruiting please let it be known so we are not waiting on you when you are done. I will advance as quickly as possible however sufficient notice will be given. We will stop at position changes for atleast 24 hours as this is one of the most important steps in the offseason. As always suggestions and ideas are encouraged.
    Thanks

Mike

6. NDCOLTS1979

Illini done recruiting and I'm already at my Alma mater lol the one the only chief illiniwek. BRING BACK THE CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

I am not leaving SJST

• Like Like x 1
  8. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I am staying at Temple and I do not plan on recruiting till the begging recruiting till next season so do not wait for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

will not leave most likely

10. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

When did this become a rule?