Looks like I'll be changing up my gameplan soon(ish)

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Steamer43, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I've always tried to mirror my gameplan after Fresno State's since I watch about every open practice for work and know the schemes like the back of my hand. (Unless I get a Dennis Brewster I open up the Offense haha) Fresno State fired Pat Hill and the new coach will be Defensive guru Tim DeRuyter. DeRuyter runs a 3-4 attacking defense, which I have no clue how it works schematically, so that may take some time. Also going to bring in a new OC wich is yet to be determined. I'd imagine they are going to let David Carr's little brother do whatever he wants.

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Do you use the Fresno State PB? How is it?

I don't use the OU playbook but stay with the multiple style.

3. Steamer43

I really like the Fresno State playbook but there's not enough shotgun formations in it for me in H4Y. I like using it offline or when I use Fresno State. It's very pro-style/conservative I'd say. For now in H4Y I'm just trying to find different ways to get the ball to the Mack lol

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Wasn't he A&M's D coordinator? That's an interesting hire...

5. Steamer43

Yes he was. He made some great progress in previous jobs before A&M at the Non-AQ level.

He was the DC at Ohio for 3 seasons and flipped them from 99th overall defense to 28th.
    Nevada - 2 seasons 78th to 48th
    Air Force - 3 seasons 78th to 11th

Even at A&M they went from 100+ to 56 in one year but then back up to 66 this year.

Fresno State's defense was one of the worst in the nation last year. There were some key injuries, but the fundamentals of the back-ups were down right laughable. Despite having a great offense, the defense was so bad it led to 9 losses, so a Defensive mind was a good way to go.

Fresno State's top pick was Alabama OC Jim McElwain who had previously coached at Fresno State. It was assumed to be the deal from both parties once Hill was fired, but Colorado State offered him 1.5 million for 5 years. FS just can't afford that and left us scrambling. DeRuyter is the next best option.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

They went back up because Von Miller was playing for the Broncos.

7. Steamer43

I've heard they lost their 2 best DBs early but IDK I haven't followed them closely. I will say that I give any statistics a full pass when they're against:
    1.Heisman Winner RG3
    2. Brandon Weeden & co.
    3. Landry Jones & co.
    4. Collin Klein
    5. Tyler Wilson & the Petrinos
    6. June Jones offense

The Mountain West is not that bad, but Fresno State won't be seeing anything like this anytime soon. Oregon and Boise are the only games we should get crushed in regardless next year.

IDK how this hire will pan out and the Red Wave would probably be a lot happier with McElwain, but I like DeRuyter's personality and what he brings to the table.

8. Steamer43

DeRuyter had his press conference today and said he plans to run a no-huddle spread offense. Very interesting. I just hope Derek Carr is cool with it. Might have to go that direction next season with my Blue Raiders squad.