Looks like my days of burning movies are over

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gt86, Mar 31, 2010.

1. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Looks like my days of burning movies are over

Since i got my new Tv and got the Ps3 hooked to it it looks like i won't be burning anymore movies. Since I want them in Bluray and I just checked prices of blank bluray media. God lord $245 for 50 disks!!!!!

2. bigjunior31

bigjunior31 Walk On

If you use anydvd by slyloft and burn the movie to it's highest quality i don't think you'll have 2 many problems with the quality. I'm watching Sherlock Holmes right now and you can barely tell the difference between blue ray and the copy I burned. I'd try it out and see if you like it. Use anydvd by slyloft to copy and clonedvd2 to burn the movie.

3. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Junior could NOT be more right GT. Where there's a will...there's those 2 programs Junior mentioned.

BTW Junior, How 'BOUT dem Mets???!!! :D

4. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I don't actaully copy movies from disc I get them via bit torrent. I currently use Alchol 120 to burn iso/image files and convertxtodvd for avi files etc

but thanks

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Yeah, but is it worth getting a 25GB Blu-Ray image vs. the 4-8GB DVD? Unless you REALLY need the quality, not worth it. VHS to DVD, yeah... but high qual DVD is fine I would think?

6. scarface

scarface Walk On

Add netflix and we have a party!!!!!

And BYE GT on the DVD market.... Welcome to BLU-RAY!!!

7. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I already reactivated my newtfliz account :)

8. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Why burn anything anymore!?!?

I just download my torrents in Azureus which has a built-in PS3 media player and streams them directly to my PS3 across the network. Windows Media Player can also act as a media server.

I download mostly 700mb or 1.3GB DVD quality torrents and it's all good.

9. gt86

gt86 Walk On

i use utorrent

I usually download DVD5 quality movies and most are iso/img files one the very rarly do i donwload avi or any other vido file

10. Kan

Kan Walk On

THIEVES!!!!

11. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

He just doesn't want to drop money on Pringles 2: Electric Boogaloo

12. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Thieves?

Shit...I just downloaded the first 3 seasons of Grey's Anatomy for my wife. It was free to watch on over the air TV, so I see no thievery here...Pretty good show...Eh Kan?

:HoosierHoo:

j/k...I see no need to download what I have already watched.:cool:

13. gt86

gt86 Walk On

More one this I already cancel my Netflix account. They didn't really have allot of Bluray movies I want to watch or haven't already seen on regular dvd.

Also a friend of mine told me he's pretty sure that the Ps3 upconverts regular dvd's and videos to 1080p. Can any confirm this?

14. bigjunior31

bigjunior31 Walk On

DVD Upscaler

Adjust settings for upscaled output when playing a DVD. Upscaling is a feature that can be used to enable content recorded at SD resolution (NTSC: 480p / 480i, PAL: 576p / 576i) to be displayed in HD resolution (1080p / 1080i / 720p). Because the video content of commercial DVDs is recorded in SD resolution, higher resolution video can be achieved by enabling upscaled output.
    Off - Set to disable upscaled output.
    Double Scale* - Set to upscale and display with double horizontal and vertical dimensions without changing the proportions.
    Normal - Set to upscale and display at a size that matches the screen size.
    Full Screen - Set to upscale and display at full screen by changing proportions and stretching the image

* This option can be used only when the video output setting of the PS3™ system is set to 1080p or 1080i.
    Hints

* To use this feature, a TV that is compatible with HD input and output must be connected using an HDMI or component AV cable. Also, the video output setting of the PS3™ system must be set to 1080p, 1080i, or 720p.
    * When playing copyright-protected DVD content such as commercially available DVD-Video, an HDMI cable is required to upscale the video content.
    * If image quality is reduced or the image does not look right when upscaled, set this option to [Off].

I found this on a ps3 forum. Something else to keep in mind is that you need an hdmi - hdmi cable or an hdmi - avi cable for this to work. Im almost 99% certain about this because I was messing around with this about a month ago. Also something you should know.... is that the ps3 converts the audio to its highest ability so if you're watching a blue ray see what the blue ray says about available audio format.... if you're running the ps3 through a surround system your AV receiver will say PCM or something standard but in all honestly your ps3 is really upscalling/etc to the highest quality available through the DVD/Blueray. My receiver always says pcm even with blue ray movies but i can tell the difference between the sounds of Blue Rays and DVD's and even burned dvd movies. Obviously the Blue Ray will aways sound better but original DVD's sound good as well. As for burned movies the audio sounds like shit and thats just something you learn to live with because you lose quality as you burn. But you probably know most of this shit but as for the audio and 1080 upscalling i was wondering about it months ago and just kept reading up on the ps3 on the internet. If you go to ps3 or sonys website and search for latest updates and check the notes about the release theirs alot of insightful info.