Looks like some progress was made - supposed state of the union

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Still not a lot of active guys in the board room, but those who needed to talk did.

Here seems to be the best plan of action.

1. Bluebean. I will remove your board privileges. Please post to the league as a whole that you must step down. Whatever you want to say and whatever you want to share is totally up to you. You will be missed my friend and will have a spot back the moment you want it back.

2. Dunlap. I will also be removing your board privileges. Let's let you take a break from the board and just be a normal owner for a lil bit. If you still have the same passion you have now for the OMFL, then I can see you joining us one day to run the show around here. I think this is a much needed break for all parties involved.

3. Winuvas. Do you want one of these now open board positions, or do you want to stick with what you currently have as a floater? Doesn't sound right but its the best word I have right now.

4. Possible board replacements. I will talk with Bada and also West about taking some of these open positions that we have. Any other suggestions?

5. Frisk. It looks like Frisk is really gone. I know him a little bit and what I know of him he wont change his mind. He's burnt with the OMFL and it looks like a done deal. He will be missed, that is for sure. If this is still the case in the AM, the Vikings can be opened by Bruce and I will talk with West about Frisk board spot. I feel West would be good at it after all these years of knowing him.

From Winuvas:

6. Eliminate the forced content. Making people post things other than game summaries (winning teams only) and scheduling threads is bad news. By doing this, you could force owners that are good owners but are poor writers to want to leave rather than stay. People who are bad writers will shy away from this, and get warnings, and we will lose people more than we will keep them interested. Want to keep them interested? Encourage the people who ARE posting stuff to keep posting stuff, and issue warnings to those that don't do bare minimums (winning summaries and scheduling threads). Get back to enforcing the basics first, then we do encouraging content, not forcing content.

I am fine with this. I think it was a good idea in theory, but it simply doesn't work. We push with a new board member spot (whoever takes Dunlaps old job) to help us stir talk. Personally, Bada would be perfect fit.

7. Getting new board members. Regardless of what happens as far as our board is concerned, we will need to replace some folks probably. We need to be prepared for departures, and have guys who can take over reins at various spots. Let's get some names together and start putting out feelers.

I posted the names I like, but we will most likely need more. I am also going to replace some of these non-board member spots, such as Gaddy.

8. Getting owners excited about offseason. We need more life about the offseason. That starts with us. We have to be excited about the offseason. Where are the posts about the Toilet Bowl for non-playoff teams? Draft posts (other than mine)?

Win, if you want a toilet bowl run with it. The ONLY way it works is if its A - Easy and B - ran by someone who stays on top of it.

9. Fixing the rulebooks. A recent one, but one we should have taken care of a long time ago. We need more than one volunteer for this, and we all need to have access to the rulebook to edit so Nate does not have all the workload put on him. Any edits we do should be noted here so all board members can know how/what was edited.

Yes. This is something that has BEEN needing to be done, along with any other documents we have around here. The structure 101 for sure also.

10. Getting back to the basics. This goes without saying. Just like in football, when teams hit a losing streak, they get back to fundamentals. We need to as well. Reset the guidelines for all board members. Reset the guidelines for all "special" owners like Gaddy. Make sure their responsibilities are clear cut and understood. Make sure they can do those responsibilities. Reset the chain of command with all the changes in our board area. Let the owners now we are solid, together, and prepared. And all this shit we have had and drama we have had is under the bridge.

I can do a league wide post to put everyone back on the same page, no problem there.

11. Getting solid ownership back in the OMFL.This has really improved with our recent "hires", but we need to make sure that we get the best of the best when we take on new guys. We've had more turnover in this season than in our three seasons prior, with guys starting up and leaving a week later, getting booted for questionable gameplay, and things of that nature. Make sure the scrim games are legit, and if we have to have 2 of them per owner, then let's do it. I want owners that will last, that read/understand/like our rules structure and cap system, and like the way we do business. That's right, business. We are in a business of trying to entertain others. We need to treat it as such. Some of us can be more serious about it than others, but we still need this done.

We need to toss out some names of possible guys who can take gaddys spot or even the other board member spot that I have as a recruiter. It's actually a non-board member spot but still important.

12. Offseason - lets get this thing as simple as possible and nailed down as fast as possible. Lots of board member turnover so we need to make sure we each know our role.

13. Last but not least here is a post of board member spots. I will make a separate post for that though.

What else is needed here?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have also talked to Bada about coming aboard and his open to joing us in here.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I would also throw in NDColts as a candidate. Just going by his activity in the forums and aim group, and he seems like a good guy. The only problem is, he may be way too busy for it in his real life, but he could be a good candidate. just thinking about who some of the most active guys are like Coach West, BadaBing, NDColts, maybe Coach KO, too. Unless, there's a chance that any of the old board members would come back like claven, web or sammy

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would like to give the "old" board members a shot first, as they are familiar with expectations in this area. Web I think is out right now as he just left because of real life pressures, but I would not mind Claven or Sammy if they are interested.

However, new blood would not be bad either, and Badabing is an excellent choice in my opinion. ND is very active in the blast group so I would not mind that either.

Some other suggestions in my opinion would be around the blast group setup. Anyone know how to set one of these up? I think it would be a good idea to set up two of them now that Frisk is no longer in the OMFL - one for general OMFL owners and one for the board members so that way we can communicate in AIM blast chat as a group and here as well.

I think we can open up some ideas to the general public around non-playoff participation and the like. Would be a good idea to let the owners see what they want to do.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, to add, let's see who comes in and what spots they would best fill in what we have open. If there is a need for me to fill a spot and I feel I can do it, I will be glad to take something on.

6. natedawg212000

I am against Web. He's just too wishy washy and time constants. Claven is a great guy, just not active enough. Sammy goes MIA. I am just very against recycling old board members who will go MIA and disappear.

7. natedawg212000

I need some help with our rules book updating and with our owners list updating and any stickies for the offseason or guidelines that are up that may need updating.