Looks like we may be back in business here soon. Let's talk schedule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 10, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Dave and I were talking and this is what we discussed:

What do you guys think?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

At this point, I won't believe Sony is up until I login and I get logged in. For an update.

As far as the schedule, it's fine. I don't even know who I play but I'm sure it won't involve any playoff positioning.

3. natedawg212000

Well I need to know whos on board and who's done so that we can roll on. Things are what they are but the OMFL will keep on trucking. I just want guys who are ready to roll again. So if your in, lets roll and if your out thanks, I understand, but we need to move on. Thats not directed at Win, its just the underlying attitude that I am worried most of our owners will have but that our board must not have if the OMFL and the years of all of your hard work is going to survive and not go to waste.

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I think we should be a little lenient with the outstanding game especially since it has playoff ramifications. I know they had time when the psn was up but with the lengthy delay, perhaps we can find out what the deal will be once it is up.

I know my game with Stang is a pretty significant. Im ready to roll though I havent even played a lick of Madden for the past 2 weeks.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I kind of agree with KO. Lets verbally push these guys as hard as we can but not to the point of losing owners or simming games with playoff implications, IMO, that would do more harm than good.

24-36 hours to finish this week and go to a 4-day hard advance for Week 17 then back to regular schedule after that.

6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yes what those guys said is fine with me. It did actually go down on a Wednesday which was our Day 4 before shiftee and claven even used the emergency day 5. Also we should start a thread having people check in to make sure we have no lost anyone in all this mess. Oh and KO I have really missed you during this down time things are just not the same...

7. natedawg212000

If you say 36 guys, they will take 36. Say 24 and make them, if they can't then we give extra time, but we gotta do something to keep them rolling. I say give 24 and if they can't then tell them to give us a time. If either one stands the other up, or if it doesn't get in then we move on.

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yeah 24 we should tell them then if they give us a time that is in the area so be it, shiftee will be able to go quick I would think if claven cant I can sub real quick and then advance when the time comes. It would also depend on the time of day if it came back in the middle of the night or middle of the day with little warning holding them to 24 hrs would be hard to track at that point but I think they will get the point 24 hr or give us a set time and we sim if not. I mean shiftee thought when this first went down we may sim it as it was...

9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

My kids had school vacation the week before and I've been swamped at work. Finally coming out of it. Finally should have some time to clown around. My son started baseball again so I've been coaching. Its bordering on torture. Some kids have the attention span to last an hour. Others do not.

10. natedawg212000

I agree. make it a full day, depending on when it comes back online. Also if they need more than 24 then so be it, but if you come out saying 3 days, then they will take the full 3 days. if you come out and say hey, its 24 hours, then they do it, and if they can't then we say when can you and extend it to that.

11. natedawg212000

This is a little bit of my dilemma on my end. I got appointed to a state wide position on a youth committee and because of that starting at the end of may through june I will be missing a TON around here. So I don't want that to fall during the offseason when I need to be here.

12. Jeremy

Good with me.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm still around. Just with no communication from sony on this issue (i've seen rumors of may 31st before psn will be up), i'm not holding my breath. I just hope we don't lose any good owners because of this downtime. That is my worst fear.

14. Jeremy

I have just read where May 31st date was thrown around too.

Im seriously considering adding an xbox to my collection.

15. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

here's the deal for week 16 and week 17 and which games have playoff implications:

week 16: Redskins vs Buccs (will have to be a sub for claven since he is out of office until ??? for his wedding stuff)

week 17:

Titans vs Texans
    Patriots vs Dolphins
    Steelers vs Giants
    Colts vs Browns
    Chargers vs Saints
    Packers vs Vikings
    Eagles vs Cowboys
    Jets vs Cardinals (need sub for Jets, greeeeg will be out of office ???)
    Rams vs 49ers
    Buccs vs Lions
    Ravens vs Cheifs
    Jaguars vs Bengals

wow, 12 games with playoff imps in week 17; can we really count on those 24 owners to be able to play in a 72 hour period?

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah. We can count on them to play in 72 hours about as much as we can count on Sony to get PSN running by the end of this week.

I think the main reason they are delaying is the recent hack on SOE, which they had to shut down as well.

Who the hell was designing their web security? Monkeys with crayons?

17. natedawg212000

Well it is what it is and we still have to keep the goal in mind, and thats keeping the OMFL. If you guys wanna can it then can it and I'll start over again. Either way, the oMFL is moving on as soon as this crap is fixed. Jeremy, from what I've ready May 31 is for FULL restoration, such as ps store, movies, music, ect. Matchmaking (what we use mainly as a league) to play online games will be up any moment now. Hopefully by friday/saturday

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm still in, by the way. I'm just not gonna get overly excited about rumors right now. I don't plan on going anywhere and when PSN does come online, I'll be getting my butt kicked by Jeremy in my week 17 game and planning my draft strategy and offseason gameplan.

Until I login and it connects me to PSN, or I can connect via website to PSN, I'm just waiting like everyone else.

19. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

psn is finally back up!

sweet!

now we just need claven and shiftee to play today before we advance to week 17!

20. Jeremy

Only a few guys missing from check-in thread, so looks like the damage may be minimal.

21. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

What are we gonna do about the people who did not check in?

22. natedawg212000

keep trucking, allow subs, and if no response by the time the offseason gets here we boot and roll.