Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Opening

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

You heard that right. The Los Angeles Angels are now an open team. As is the case with any openings, current MLB managers who have been with their team for several seasons are elligible to move to this open team. If they do, then a new team will be open.

Regardless, one of the NBL GM's is now eligible for an opening in "The Show".

When the NBL was originally created, the decision was made to promote the GM with the most wins or championships to any future openings in the Show. Unfortunately, I have come to the decision that this is not the best idea. Due to shear luck, a better team being handed to them, or whatever, this is not what we will be doing.

As a premier league activity, content, drafting and exports are the main keys to our success. Obviously having the best GM's and ultimately best competition does factor into any decision, but we want the best of the best to get these opportunities.

So with that said, the ulitmate decision will be up to the leadership team on who gets this opening. Myself, Goose, Ty, Ryan and Roggie will discuss internally and find the most worthy candidate for this position. There have been nearly 2 full seasons to prove yourself on an off the field, and now we will decide as a group who will get this spot. Please keep this in mind for future openings.

If you are interested, please post below and you will be considered. Same if anyone in MLB would like the challenge of the Angels.

The Dugout

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Whaa, whaat, what?

:wideyed:

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I will throw my name in the hat, as I'd love to take over the Angels.

I was an original member in the NBL and took the worst team (projected 69 wins) and turned them into a legitimate contender, finishing 2nd in the pacific league. I am again in the thick of things this season, despite having a smaller market and budget (and again projected to finish last).

• Like Like x 5
  5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Interested. N00b to OOTP last year, but took a 2nd to last place Orix Buffalo squad and have them leading the Pacific League for most of the year this season. Hoping to take my talents to the Land of the Angels. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Interested. Major noob last year, was in last most of last year and turned it around slighty late. This year we are dirty workin, 1st place in power rankings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'm interested. Took over a really good team last year and lost in the championship.

This year, most of my big time names I couldn't resign due to them wanting big contracts, and I lost my best pitcher after only starting 7 games, my star closer after 14 games, and starting 3rd baseman after 7 games (all of these guys are still out and will be for a few more weeks.) The closer was also going to be my replacement for losing my starter so that hurt. Even with that, we're still only 5 games out of 1st place.

8. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Im interested may not have the best team but ready to take the next step Im ready to update my content game too! Its kinda hard to when you cant spell all those Japanese names lol.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]
    Pitt is a true Pirates fan

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If you guys let me have two teams I may win 100 games a year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I vote for a public poll rather than hiding in the shadows with a PM vote.

12. PAgamer07

Fuck the public. You see how they did picking the all stars. It's not a popularity contest. I trust the people behind the scenes to make a good decision

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Damn skippy

• Like Like x 1
  14. PAgamer07

I like it when no one reads important threads...

Regardless, thread closed. We will begin discussions internally and announce the new Angels owner sometime this weeekend.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.