LOSERS' LOUNGE

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Apr 22, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have chosen to start this thread because well my team is 1-5, and has not won a conference game, and the fucking schedule doesn't get easier. Up next for me is #22 Washington, 3-1 (2-1). I am sending an invitation to the UCLA Bruins Coach and Illinois' Coach as well to join this club. It is quite obvious as to why Illinois should be apart of this club because cheez's team is also 3-4, and currently has only 1 conference win. For UCLA it is not as obvious, UCLA is 5-3 and is 5-1 conference. However, they can't rise in the polls. For the past four or five weeks they have stayed at #24 in the polls. I wonder how that makes Coach recchem feel.

As for me, how did I wind up here? My defense just flat out sucks. I have scored 41, 38, 17, 17, 42 points and have lost all those games. Four of those losses are by a combined 15 points with the opposing team scoring in the last minute on all four occasions. Against USC my QB Tyler Johnson sucked and the defense couldn't tackle their RB. I have been told if I lose to UW this week OSU might have a new coach for the ASU game. I do not know what this means for me, will I be fired, and will some new PAC-10 school hire me as their coach.

@Cheez

please tell us how are things in Champaign, will the team improve in the second half of the season? Will the Illini play in a bowl game? And are the alumni upset, and do they want a new coach if the team does not make it to a bowl game?

@recchem2000

How does it feel to receive this invitation? Why can't the Bruins rise in the polls, it appears you have righted the ship. Have the pollsters decided that the Bruins may be a good team, but not an elite program that can challenge the nation's best teams?

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Things are very dreary in Champaign. I can't tell you how many times students have had an effigy of me hanging from a tree or a lamppost - and it's really taking it's toll on me and the team.

I want to hope that this team will improve, but when you are struggling to beat Indiana and lose to previously 1-5 Iowa in 2OT, then it's hard to have faith. But that's part of my job, and I will do my best to get them into a bowl. It looks like we need to beat Michigan, Ohio State, or the Fighting Magicians of Texas A&M for it to happen.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll tell you what, this Bruin team is on the right path. With a little luck, we could be 7-1. Had the lead in the 2nd half at Wisconsin and at Oregon. The Texas game, we had no shot. We were ranked 24 at 0-3 and are still sitting at 24th at 5-3. Not sure what the pollsters want from us. I guess we need to beat some elite teams to move up. Hopefully HB Joe Dixon will be ready this week or next and the offense will start clicking. The defense has been solid all year. They have given up some big plays but they have the uncanny knack for forcing turnovers. We just have to keep QB Alex McCray from giving the ball right back to the other team as he already has 13 INT's this season.

I'll end this with an FU...cougs and Cheez will understand!

4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I guess omega squeezed out of an invite by beating cheez haha

5. gowazzucougs

No I forgot about omega, @omega41

Tells us about the problems with the Iowa Hawkeyes? I am not as familiar about the Hawkeyes as I am the Bruins and the Illini, so these questions will be more generic? It seems for some time that the Hawkeyes have been slipping, is it a recruiting issue? I mean coming from Pullman, I know it must be hard to recruit a bunch of kids to come to a place known for wheat and corn. What is the one area that needs to be improved to make this team a winner? Or is it more than one area? Will this team make a bowl game, and are you looking forward to your season finale against the other OSU, and will this game decide whether or not the Hawkeyes and Beavers are going bowling? Lastly is there a hot seat in Iowa City, the scheduling committee has taken away your in state rivalry game against ISU, so you can't even tell alumni no matter how bad we are, we are still better than ISU.

6. gowazzucougs

Hey I told you I was close to starting this thread the other night, you just probably thought you wouldn't be included. And you wouldn't be if your Bruins could some how rise in the polls. I don't think I have ever seen a team stay put for five solid weeks in the polls while they kept winning.

7. Cheez

Some Good news and some bad news for the Illini in their game vs. vs. Michigan

In the second quarter, junior ROLB Antwan Page dislocated his elbow and will be out 10 weeks

Good news: Illinois currently leads #18 Michigan 21-0 midway through the second.
    UPDATE: Illinois leads #18 Michigan 21-3 at the start of the fourth quarter
    UPDATE: Illinois leads #18 Michigan 21-11 with 5:02 remaining in the fourth quarter
    UPDATE: Illinois leads #18 Michigan 28-11 with 4:47 remaining in the fourth quarter

UPDATE: Illinois has defeated #18 Michigan 28-18!!!

8. omega41

omega41 Walk On

I am not joining this loser club because I am just temporarily disconnected from winning games. Seriously,my problem has been a few years of bad recruiting. As far as bowl games I am taking it one game at a time and let the rest take care of itself.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think of it more as a Losers Lounge...you can come and go as you please. I don't plan on staying long :)

10. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Yes, that is it recch I am just visiting not staying;)

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Me too man!

12. Cheez

I'm building a condo here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gowazzucougs

It is nice to see that all members won their games last week. In addition, I am glad to see that UCLA was able to rise in the polls. Maybe UCLA can leave the "Loser's Lounge" with a win against Arizona. But just remember @recchem2000 there will be a spot here just for you if the Bruins are not successful.

14. Cheez

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I moved up!!! #21 bitches! Thanks for keeping my seat warm @Cheez but I don't plan on needing it any time soon!

16. gowazzucougs

hey can you change the name of this thread to losers' lounge. I think it has a better ring to it.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Done...if you are ever in Laughlin, Nevada, go by the Riverside Hotel. Inside you will find a little dive bar called "The Losers Lounge"

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Damn it, im back...bar keep, I need whiskey and I need it now!!!

19. Cheez

At least your chair is nice and warm :)

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I bet you im still in the top 25 though...lost by 2 in triple OT, was a hell of a game with JFace as usual! But 6-4 isnt cutting for the team I have...a bit disappointed. Looking forward to next season, as always at UCLA!

21. Cheez

You dont need to justify your loss here. This is a safe environment. We understand.

22. gowazzucougs

I am glad Cheez kept your seat warm. I have a feeling Jface may be joining us next year if he can't crack the Oregon code.

• Like Like x 1
  23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think next year will be a little bit of a rebuilder for UO. We're losing 3 starters on the o-line and if my QB goes pro early, I don't have anyone who is ready to step in next year.

24. gowazzucougs

your in state rival feels your pain :doodie:

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Oh I'll be here next year. Losing my entire offense except for a couple fatties :(