Losing 2 more owners - this one hurts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 5, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Losing 2 more owners - this one hurts

sav who is the raiders owner and a friend of mine from the pc days got into an accident at work and crushed his hand and lost the tip of a finger. hes in the process of telling me his hand is too hurt to play, which is understandable.

also the one that really hurts is winuvas has quit. i've done all i can to talk him out of it, but he said hes done. i am gone for the weekend and told him i'll give him until sunday when i get back for him to change his mind, but even if he stays hes gonna quit sooner or later. he cant take the losing and i understand cause i used to get super upset too, but i dont any more. i enjoy the franchise period.

so we not only have 2 teams to fill with only 1 on the waiting list, but we also have lost our cap person.

thoughts?

2. natedawg212000

sav is not quitting. he was just letting me know its tough for him to play, but hes staying! so looks like maybe just the chiefs. bobby if you read this sav said you played very good, you just have a horrible team. hope he doesn't quit, but we need to come up with a plan if he does.

i could host the voice chat. i'd have to not do my PTI show, but i could do the 'this week in the nfl' and my 'hot seats' still. we'd need someone here to take over the cap book.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't mind co-hosting a show if you give me the information. And I would not even mind doing the cap stuff still, if it helps you guys out. But I can't play online with that team.

And Sev was being super nice. I stunk. I threw 4 or 5 interceptions right to him, and I could not run the ball, pass the ball, tackle, catch, or block. To whomever gets that team, if they win with them that will just prove my point that I stink.

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

bro... dont get discourage....the draft is the best part and if you lose out you will get 1st pick....winuvas dont quit on us now....come on bro...

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Can't do it, even with the possibility of getting the #1 pick. Wouldn't do me any good as I would still be behind the sticks.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

man...bro thats the whole fun of it is rebuilding...and getting better...

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dude, it's fun when you actually are talented on the sticks. When you can't play well online, AND your team stinks...

My online record against human opponents is 1-15. And 2 of those losses are with the Panthers, so we can't just use the "bad team" theory. You're only as good as your win-loss record, and I think my W-L record shows you exactly how good I am.

That doesn't even count the scrims I played in, which I lost all of, btw.

8. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

yea i know your discouraged but at least give it till the end of the year...i mean we onl have 7 more weeks or so..

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Um....no. Unless I was allowed to let CPU play all 7 games (which I know is not kosher by any means), I can't do it. Not even one more game with that bunch of bums controlled by Coach Bum. And I don't mean Phillips, for those of you old enough to know who I'm talking about.

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

ok dude...see ya

11. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I didn't see this one coming. You'll be miss Winuvas. I think your a good player you played me to a draw in a scrim which you really did win i don't know how you missed that short FG, it was probably the game being lame. I wish you would stay but I can tell your mind is made up.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know I'm screwing over the board royally, and I am very sorry about that. I do want to stay active as far as keeping up with what you guys are doing. I like THAT aspect of it. But as far as playing right now...the Chiefs aren't very good, and neither am I right now. And 8 straight losses is about 3 losses too many.

13. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

how about picking up a new team when one opens?

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Bobby, why not entertain the idea if switching teams?
    There have been good teams come up for ownership, Dolphins,Packers,etc etc.
    Like I told you after the last time we played online, you are by FAR a bad player. You will win games, just move teams. It will give you better shot at winning plus invoke a little excitement into having a new team, a fresh start so to say. I would even entertain the thought of offering you the Vikes and taking your Chiefs or another open team. You mean that much to this league. 90% of your struggles is your team personnel,PERIOD.
    Let me know what I can do to help change your mind.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I put myself on the waiting owners list. And, if we don't have anyone other than myself on the waiting list, I'll play the Chiefs until we do get someone to come in. I would rather that opponents of the Chiefs face a human rather than the CPU, because any owner in this league would destroy the Chiefs controlled by the CPU. At least with me behind the sticks it would only be a score of like 35-0 rather than 69-0.

So to preserve the full league I would stay with the Chiefs until we could build up our waiting list. Then the person(s) coming in could take the Chiefs and I would go to the waiting list for another team, if that was okay with the board and what not.

Like I said before, I want to be a part of this league. I enjoy the guys in it and I enjoy helping to make this league a powerhouse for many years to come. I just don't have any confidence in my personal Madden skills at all, and when you combine that with a crappy team...not a good combo.

And to set the record straight, it's my own fault for picking the Chiefs. Nate did try to talk me out of it (twice) but I felt more comfortable with a lower tier team and my skills than taking a higher tier team. So when I complain about my team's lack of skills, I really got no one to blame but myself for that dumb decision. But I will play them until we get a waiting list built up rather than let AFC East guys feast on a weak CPU opponent.

Let me know your thoughts.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

You will get an open team pretty quick Id say. They have been dropping and as the season advances people will quit and whatnot. I kept waiting for you to jump on some of the teams that came available recently but anyways glad your staying.

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I was trying not to be wishy-washy. What really would make me upset to an extent would be if someone came in, snagged the Chiefs, and went on a 5 game winning streak. Honestly, I'm stubborn and prideful, so I was trying to stick and out and prove I could make the Chiefs decent. But...all I ended up proving was:

1. I'm not as good at Madden as most of the folks in the league.
    2. The Chiefs are who we thought they were! (Dennis Green impersonation)
    3. Pride and competitiveness hurt your overall gaming ability online against another human opponent.

I'm sure after the fourth loss in a row or so Nate was tired of me bitching about the Chiefs and my play. And still is. What's depressing is every once in a while I would have a decent scrim game, get a little faith, then play another one and get destroyed.

To those on the board that played me in scrims, though, thanks for helping me try to make me a better online player. I do appreciate it.

On a bitter note, I took the Chiefs in offline franchise mode and, with near the same team, have them at 5-0. Granted, my Madden IQ isn't very high (600) so the CPU isn't a huge challenge.

18. natedawg212000

i am leaving for service and haven't had a chance to read this all, but honestly the best shot to get a better team will be to stay, since i open all teams to current members first.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I will stay as the Chiefs then until another decent team opens up.

20. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

My personal opinion, I think we should boot the Bears coach since he can't do 2 leagues at once. He posted in mega about 12 or so times over the past month but hasn't posted in OMFL once. His last post was on Nov. 4th. That will open the Bears for winuvas. we can let the bears coach stay in the league if he takes the Chiefs. LOL

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nate, I took the Chiefs back in franchise. Soon as I see a team open up that isn't the Browns, Rams, or anyone as bad as the Chiefs, I'll claim them.