Lost Seasons (NCAA '12)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DrunkenSoldier, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]

That pretty much says it all, Cal's defensive line was all over QB Greg Watson sacking him 7 times and forcing 3 INT's and a fumble. They also held The Bulldogs best player Robbie Rouse to 31 yds on 16 carries. My O-Line was man handled as we also got numerous holding penalties, including the ones that were declined must have been about 10. The defense kept it close for a while but with no offense eventually Cal capitalized.

Coach Dangles already on the Hotseat!

Fresno State 0-1 (0-0)

*Forgot to save a highlight. Will have a couple next week.

2. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

[​IMG]

21[​IMG][​IMG]38
    Too many turnovers cost us the loss against #21 Norte Dame. The Bulls Defense was force to defend the short field in many accessions. 2nd string QB Bobby Eveld showed some promise though. After coming in for the struggling and injured BJ Daniels, connected with Evan Landi for a 71 yd TD late in the fourth. Overall coach Nelson feels optimistic about his squad, dealing with the turnover ratio will be something we'll overcome he said. Next week is the Bulls season opener against Ball State TBA

Midway thru the 2nd​

Early in the 4th​

3. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

What a way to open the season for the Syracuse Orange. Things got started as fast as possible when star WR Van Chew took the opening kickoff to the house (91 yards). The Demon Deacons tied it up later in the 1st with a 5 yard strike to C. Givens. After some back and forth Wake scored a TD early in the 4th to take a 24-14 lead. Syracuse signal-caller Ryan Nassib orchestrated a quick offensive drive that ended on a 32 yard burst up the gut by HB Antwon Bailey. His score cut the deficit to 3. A few series later CB Jeremy Wilks picked off a short pass. On 3rd and goal from the 1 the Cuse tried to get fancy with a 5 wide QB blast play. WF's NT blew that play to smithereens and Syracuse was forced to settle for the tying FG. Syracuse SS Shamarko Thomas came through big time on the next series. He picked off a deep pass (user pick :D) and set the stage for the game winning drive.

Play of the Game

Orange WR Van Chew hauls in a 47 yard bomb for the game-winning score with 52 ticks left on the clock.

The defense was able to hold the fort, even getting their 4th sack of the game on the final possession for Wake Forest. It was a whirlwind affair for Syracuse and Coach Maximus' personal physician isn't sure his heart can take too many of these kinds of performances.

Week 2: vs. Buffalo (rivalry game)

• Like Like x 1
  4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Seminoles Earn Win #1
    Ohio State is unhappy with their 37-17 showing against Florida State

[​IMG]

Florida State traveled to Columbus with high expectations and came away with win #1 while Ohio State continues a downward spiral. Chris Thompson had a monster game and he started from the very beginning, picking up five to six to seven yards a pop. Noles scored on their first possession and the Buckeyes looked to do the same except the FSU defense came up big with a stop to force a FG, Buckeye offense wouldn't be heard from again until halfway through the third quarter and the game was in hand by Florida State.

Where the tide turned, FSU after scoring their second TD of the year kicked off to an Ohio State team looking to counter being down 14-3. Braxton Miller and the Bucks had a screen called against a heavy FSU blitz but DE Bjoern Warner stayed at home and picked the pass off inside the 25, seconds later the Seminoles are up 21-3 going into halftime.

======================================================

First Quarter
    02:35 TD Florida State Lonnie Pryor FB #24 5 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:56 FG Ohio State Drew Basil K #25 27 yard field goal
    00:46 TD Florida State Rodney Smith WR #84 34 yard pass from EJ Manuel QB #3
    00:19 TD Florida State Willie Haulstead WR #82 10 yard pass from EJ Manuel QB #3
    Third Quarter
    05:16 TD Florida State Chris Thompson HB #23 77 yard rush
    03:45 FG Florida State Dustin Hopkins K #18 41 yard field goal
    03:27 TD Ohio State Corey Brown WR #10 54 yard pass from Braxton Miller QB #5
    00:00 FG Florida State Dustin Hopkins K #18 40 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    04:32 FG Florida State Dustin Hopkins K #18 45 yard field goal
    02:51 TD Ohio State Braxton Miller QB #5 30 yard rush

Braxton Miller 5-12 152 Yards TD 3 INTs, 3 Att 37 Yards TD
    EJ Manuel 6-8 111 Yards 2 TDs, 5 Att 22 Yards
    Dan Herron 10 Att 30 Yards
    Chris Thompson 21 Att 166 Yards TD
    Lonnie Pryor 3 Att 14 Yards TD
    Corey Brown Rec 54 Yards TD
    Bert Reed 2 Rec 40 Yards
    Rodney Smith Rec 34 Yards TD
    Beau Reliford 2 Rec 27 Yards
    Willie Haulstead Rec 10 Yards TD

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I signed in to do my summary here at work this morning... there is no story on Dynasty Wire. Can someone check on the PS? I played last night, lost to WKU by about 10 pts...

I don't recall any extraordinary messages or warnings after I exited. I saved a few highlights as well... and then I went to 'upload' them so I could export to Youtube. So my results must surely still be there, since they were there last night.

I will have to do an summary back at home looking at the PS.

Had a very fun game, even though I lost. Pierce missed most of the game with an injury. Started very shaky, not knowing any of my pass plays I threw some stupid picks... offense got rolling later, but I was too far behind.

EDIT - for greater clarity - no story and no result even show up on my team page on Dynasty Wire website.

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Colorado loses opener
    Colorado 13 @ Hawaii 38

First Quarter
    00:57 TD Hawai'i Joe Avery WR #84 16 yard pass from Bryant Moniz QB #17
    02:45 TD Hawai'i Waylon Lolotai MLB #50 41 yard fumble

Second Quarter
    02:38 TD Hawai'i Hogan Rosehill HB #29 15 yard pass from Bryant Moniz QB #17
    02:15 TD Colorado Rodney Stewart HB #5 1 yard rush

Third Quarter
    05:45 TD Colorado Rodney Stewart HB #5 2 yard rush
    01:45 TD Hawai'i Joe Avery WR #84 16 yard pass from Bryant Moniz QB #17

Forth Quarter
    00:20 TD Hawai'i Justin Clapp TE #13 3 yard pass from Bryant Moniz QB #17
    00:42 FG Hawai'i Tyler Hadden K #27 31 yard

============================================================================​

Possession 08:05 Hawaii -- 19:55-colorado​
    penalties 9 col 5 hawaii

The Media was corrupt but the recap goes on.

This game was actually closer than the final as Hawaii scored 10 points in the final 40 seconds to really stretch out the final score.

Colorado had 15 first downs and dominated time of possession, but 7 holding and 2 clipping calls would kill every drive they tried to establish. Being on the road with a nervous QB and 2 fumbles by the hard hitting Rainbow defense ended any scoring chances that penalties didnt.

==========================================================================​

Rodney Stewart did end the game with 129 yds and 2 TDs, but most of those yds (80) came on two plays. The Oline had problems all game with run and pass blocking. Three step drops would not help the pressure, as once the momentum swung to the Home team it was near impossible to get of any pass or hold any blocks.

The Buffs must bounce back and get ready for another road game vs Ohio St. Both teams look to avoid going 0-2.

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Nope, your game did not register. It says you still need to play...

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not Enough!
    Cadets Fall To NIU In Season Opener

[​IMG]

Key Team Stats

- NIU gained 257 yards of total offense (102 rushing yards/155 passing yards)​
    - 80 of NIU's rushing yards happened on one play. Besides that run NIU was held to 22 yards on 29 carries.​
    - NIU was held to 3-11 on third downs.​
    - NIU was perfect in the Red Zone with two opportunities (1 FG/ 1 TD).​
    - Army did not force a NIU turnover.​

Key Player Stats

- Five Army players recorded 5 tackles or more.​
    - Q. Kantaris recorded two sacks; Army as a team totaled 5.​
    - R. Alexander recored 3 tackles for loss​

Coach's Comments

We played hard. We had one huge lapse in concentration which led to that 80 yard TD run but other than that we played very well. We got great pressure on the NIU QB and bottled up the run game. We gave our offense multiple chances to win the game for us late but they just could't pull it out. Maybe if we wouldn't have given up that long scamper we would of won but then again who kicks a FG with 49 seconds left down by 4 at your opponents 10 yard line? Not questioning our coach's decision, I'm just saying.​

Defensive Play of the Game:

Defensive Picture of the Game:

[​IMG]

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

10. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

What the heck man...
    I played the game, saved highlights. Exited back to dynasty. Exited to main menu, then went to highlight menu and selected some highlights to upload...

What the heck. What do you want me to do? I lost by 12 pts...

JerzeyReign

11. DrunkenSoldier

I'm already working on a new offense for next year. trying to pound the ball doesnt work to well when your O-line stinks, with these weaker schools you need more gimmicks also think i might go to some sort of spread offense, dont no what i was thinking using a Pro style, just not my style.

Next week i get Nebraska so things arent looking any better, I also have Boise State in a couple of weeks so things could get ugly.

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    GIVE HIM THE ROCK
    Lattimore carries South Carolina over fiesty UCLA squad 31-21
    [​IMG]

Los Angeles, CA --​

The Gamecocks started the season on the right foot, going on the road and winning a hard fought game in UCLA vs Dean 's scrappy Bruins. Marcus Lattimore was the player of the game, carrying the ball time after time and grinding down the UCLA defense late. It was a great effort by both teams and a wonderful way to kick off the BCS Chaos season for the Gamecocks.​

Coach MG had this to say after the game:
    "That was a great game, I am usually very critical if I see things I think should be corrected, but I don't have much to complain about. We got caught out of position in their first big touchdown, and late in the game UCLA caught us off guard with their hurry-up. I am still think our defense played great, giving up only 7 off that one big play for the first 3 and a half quarters. We will take the positives of this win and we will be prepared and ready next week for Georgia."

Highlights of the Game

• Like Like x 1
  13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Now Up! Next Advance Sunday!

=============== Army Black Knights (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 17-16 against Northern Illinois (1-0).
    This week, the Black Knights will host San Diego State (1-0).

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Colorado lost 38-13 against Hawai'i (1-0).
    This week, the Buffaloes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Phil Dorsey has committed to Air Force

=============== #13 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 37-17 against Florida State (1-0).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Toledo (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Ralph Jude has committed to Ohio State

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 31-21 against South Carolina (1-0).
    This week, the Bruins will host San Jose State (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Marcus Roberts has committed to UCLA

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 52-7 against FCS West .
    This week, the Aztecs travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Mark Lewis has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) RT Curtis Powers has committed to Nevada
    - (***) DT Mark Henry has committed to Arizona
    - (***) WR Christian Hagen has committed to San Diego State

=============== USF Bulls (0-1) ===============
    Last week, USF lost 38-21 against Notre Dame (1-0).
    This week, the Bulls will host Ball State (0-1).

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 37-17 against Ohio State (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Florida Atlantic (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Greg Dixon has committed to Florida State

=============== Syracuse Orange (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Syracuse won 31-24 against Wake Forest (0-1).
    This week, the Orange will host Buffalo (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Syracuse targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Leroy Perkins has committed to Syracuse
    - (***) RT Darren King has committed to Rutgers
    - (***) LOLB Erik Sullivan has committed to Navy

=============== Temple Owls (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Temple lost 14-10 against Western Kentucky (1-0).
    This week, the Owls travel to Akron to face the Akron Zips (0-1).

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 30-10 against Cal (1-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Lincoln to face the #15 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Curtis Powers has committed to Nevada

=============== #12 South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 31-21 against UCLA (0-1).
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Athens to face the Georgia Bulldogs (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Ryan Cutler has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) WR Bill Tucker has committed to North Carolina

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

bigtubb_

Just drop me some times bruh...

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Great win _MG_ I was sure Dean was going to pull this one out. Great statement game.

16. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I will play mine this afternnon and have summary done...My whole town was without power from 10 till about 7 yesterday...on the day I had off work hahah

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Why did that happen? I thought the entire US was in a heat wave...

18. DrunkenSoldier

Thats probably why, too much power being used with everyone's Air conditioners working overtime.

Fresno will be playing this afternoon

19. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

USF playing this afternoon

20. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

38-17
    [​IMG]

The Buckeyes show up on D

After last week's embarrassing showing versus Florida State the Buckeyes needed a little bit of a pushover to get some confidence back, and Toledo proved to be that pushover. The Buckeyes jumped out early with special teams an defense and never looked back at the hapless Rockets. "You know we really needed to play well in this game, and we kinda did. I am real proud of the way the guys bounced back on defense, but on the other side we need some seniors with new tattoos, to really step up and earn that new ink they got." Said coach Caudill after the game.

Highlights

21. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Thats why Drunken, everyone running their A/C..like 2400 people without power for 5 -7 hours

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

San Diego State and Army is about to go down!

Prediction:

SDSU: 34 Army 10 :oops:

23. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

TEMPLE GETS FIRST WIN

[​IMG]

TEMPLE 17
    AKRON 14

In a game where the Temple Defense game up BIG, the offense did just enough to get the win. Quarterback Mike Girardi made some terrible errors in the "bright red" zone, throwing 3 interceptions within ten yards of the goal. The offense was scattered, star HB Bernard Pierce was phenomenal. He racked up over 70 yds with a 5 yd average before exiting the game. Unfortunately he will be out ofr at least four weeks with a sprained elbow. Backup Matt Brown looked nimble and shifty, but the diminutive back had as many negative plays as he did positive.​

With one last chance to go ahead at the end of the game Girardi found big receiver Malcolm Eugene for the winning TD with a play-action pass hitting the 6'4" giant one yard inside the end zone with only 24 seconds left on the clock. With his demons exorcised, Girardi rode off into the sunset, and Temple rode off with it's first win of the season.​

[​IMG]

*NOTE - when my highlights were going in I got an error message, it said "the highlight you have selected has been damaged and cannot be uploaded. It is recommended that you delete this highlight.​

I did delete it, but so far none of my highlights have showed up in DW.​

[​IMG]

24. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Good luck to both - I predict 28-24 SDSU over Army

25. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    RAYMOND J STADIUM - WEEK 2

[​IMG]

Solid Win for Nelson

USF walks off with a 34-10 victory over Ball State.

The defense showed up and played tonight, holding the Cardinals to 10 points, 3 picks, two for TD's. Offensivily we got off to a slow start but mange to put together some successful drives. quarterback BJ Daniels had an ok performance minus the 3 picks (10-15, 165, 2 TD 3INT). The running game needs some more work, but that's something we'll work on this week heading into our match against Western Kentucky.

PLAY OF THE GAME HIGHLIGHT

MORE HIGHLIGHTS FROM TONIGHT'S GAME​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.