Lots of talk about a quicker advance schedule..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, May 14, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Lots of talk about a quicker advance schedule..

More and more owners have posted their dislike for our current five to six day advance schedule as they would like a faster advance. And if history is any indication, the mob usually rules the roost once the numbers get on their side.

Nate, what are your thoughts on this. I know you have been pushing owners to get games in faster, trying to squeeze in another season but is this something you maybe considering for the future as a permanent change?

I am only one voice but my speedometer is at its max in regards to going in faster and my engine could blow at any moment.:HoosierHoo:

Thoughts..??

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

NO, I am with you, I can only handle a 5 day advance for a permeant thing also. I am not sure I could do more than that. 4? maybe. My issue is if the games aren't getting in for 5 days, they aren't going to get in on 3 days. I'm afraid with our core owners, 5 maybe all we can do. It's still 3 seasons, after starting a month and a half after the game came out.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I could go for a quicker advance but it really depends on how that would work for everyone else. 3 days is too quick. 4 may be just right. I am down for whatever you guys want.

4. natedawg212000

I would try 4, but realistically (I am working on 3 hours of sleep so I am not figuring it out) what does that add to our season rate?

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I would like to go for a 4 day advance rate, but I understand how people would want it to stay the same.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

If we do go to 4 days though, I think we need to stop there. IMO we should never advance below that. I love playing in the league as much as any owner, but a 3 day advance would be pretty difficult for me some weeks.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

If we stick to our five day advance schedule and start Sept 1st, we will barely get 4 seasons in....4 day advance we would definatley get 4 seasons in and be working on our 5th by the time 2K12 comes out. I don't care either way guys. I'll leave it up to you. I do know its harder to get content in the shorter our weeks get.

8. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

The people who want a quicker advance, Whats the rush, I know we want to get another season in, but Im comfortable the way it is now, I wont be apposed to the 4 day advance. But no quicker, I was in a 3 day advance league and hated it, soon as u finish one game the next one is right there

9. Emmdotfrisk

On the contrary I love it!

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Is this going to be a content focused league or not? That's what that poll questions should be about.

Frankly, if we start moving to a 4 day advance rate, whats to stop people to come asking for three? Or two? The longer our advance rate the more thorough and complete our extra content can be like podcasts, power rankings, ect.

I am completely against this. If you want a fast advance league, head over to UFL or MEGA. Let's not conform ourseleves to the norm here people.

11. natedawg212000

I agree. Again, 4 is the absolute limit that i'd go, no way we'd go more than that. We will keep it at 5 for the rest of this game, and discuss as a board when 2k11 comes out. I put the pole up to see what the league thought to help us for when we discuss. Again, I love 5 and I only brought it up if the league as a whole wants it.

12. Emmdotfrisk

How much people contribute to the league has nothing to do with the league advance time, more about how immersed in the league an owner is. Some guys who have more time to play will go out and play in multiple leagues and there are some that only have time for one. Those are the two ends of the spectrum.

As of right now our only contributors to the league are board members as our owners don't really do much content wide outside of the game summary. If we keep advance time at 5 or 6 we need to encourage more user based content to keep interest high or the league will seem to drag on every 5 or 6 days. These are purely my opinions and I know when the next release comes out spirits will be high, interest will be at its peak, and owners will be pouring in. This is the opportune time to fine tune our expectations for the league and every owner.

13. Jeremy

I absolutely CANNOT go any faster than we are now. I actually had 2 games in Season 2 that were either straight simmed or my opponent had to play sub.

From the poll results so far it looks like this may be the new reality and this will cause me to have to bow out.

14. natedawg212000

jeremy, i don't think you read what I posted. I will NOT advance faster if we lose owners. You started the thread so I thought that meant you can handle it. i am absolutely fine with 5 days!

15. Jeremy

lol..yeah, I cussed myself for creating this wasps nest..

No I cant go any faster.

And I read your posts in the poll thread after I posted the above.So shame on me..:0

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

I thought you were proposing this too Jeremy....haha

17. natedawg212000

well we aren't going to lose the 2 time OMFL Champ over 24 hours. Close issue. The league can 'think' they are voting all they want, but we will just announce after the release of the game that we are sticking to a 5 day advance.