Louisiana Tech Loses Again

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Aug 1, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Louisiana Tech Loses Again

In yet another heartbreaker, Louisiana Tech lost today to Utah State (sreese) in Triple OT 42-40 after an opportunity to win in Double OT via field goal bounced off the bottom crossbar.

In regulation, Louisiana Tech kicked a field goal to go up 4 points with about 5 minutes to play in the game and had Utah State backed in to a 3rd and 19 before the Utah State quarterback found an open spot in the zone for a huge touchdown that put Utah State up by 3.

Immediately after that, a Louisiana Tech pass bounced off of a defensive tackle directly up in the air to be picked off by a Utah State defender, and Utah State would quickly score to seemingly put the game out of hand. Louisiana Tech quickly drove back down the field and scored with about a minute to go but they still found themselves down three points.

Then, in a miracle, the Bulldogs recovered the ensuing onside kick and, following three complete misfires by the Louisiana Tech quarterback, they were able to get a first down on fourth and 10 and were eventually able to get in to field goal range for the game-tying field goal to end regulation.

The teams exchanged touchdowns in the first OT, then in the 2nd OT, Louisiana Tech's defense made a huge 4th and 1 stop to put the offense in a position to win the game. Worrying about the kicker's distance and accuracy, the Bulldogs ran three plays trying to pick up some extra yards before bringing the field goal unit on to try and win the game. The field goal would appear headed to be the game-winner when it died just before the goal posts and bounced off the bottom crossbar and fell to the ground just short.

In triple OT, Louisiana Tech struck first with a touchdown but was unable to convert the two point conversion when the Bulldogs receiver dropped the pass at the 1 yard line, one of 10 dropped passes for Bulldogs receivers.

Utah State quickly responded with a touchdown of their own and ran a toss left in for the game-winning two point conversion.

This puts Louisiana Tech at 3-3 on the season and Utah State at 5-1. All of Louisiana Tech's losses have come in games where they found themselves ahead to begin the 4th quarter. In fact, Louisiana Tech has led to begin the 4th quarter in each game except its epic 64-60 win against Southern Miss. In its three losses, the margin of loss has combined for 12 points (a 4 point margin per loss).

2. sreese

sreese Walk On

great game soda. Tough loss. But you played very well. I saved the pass tip int so you could look at it later. Just joking!

3. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

I meant to save 5 of the bloopers from that game but in my frustration I exited the game before I did it.

I was going to save:

The touchdown pass you got in the 4th quarter to take the lead where my safety ran right by you.

The tip INT off your DT in the 4th quarter.

The INT I got at the end of the 3rd quarter where your guy ran in to one of my players and it let my guy have an easy INT.

The Onside kick where your guy hit the football with his knee to my guy.

And my kick in Double OT that bounced off the bottom crossbar.

There were so many more ridiculous plays in that game on both sides. It was like the game was in screw-over mode for both of us.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I was playing a Play Now earlier to practice with the sliders we're using in my other OD. Had one that hit off the side bar and the cross bar, but it went in!

5. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

crazy week... i had a CB play HB and rush for over 200 yards