Louisville Hires New Coach!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Sep 26, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Guys,

Please welcome cyhiphopp to Bump N Run! As the title states, he will be taking over the Louisville Cardinals and with Bridgewater at QB, will assuredly be headache for Jbbubba, Crumbler81 and myself.

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Breaking news from Louisville, KY.

This just in. Charlie Strong has abruptly retired from coaching today. It is being reported that he and his top assistants were participating in a lottery pool and hit the 300 million dollar jackpot, splitting the money 3 ways.

Coach Strong made the following statement: “Screw this stressful coaching crap! I’m going to buy a beach house in Florida and swim in a pool of money, Scrooge McDuck style!”

With the loss of Strong and his top assistants the Louisville AD turned to defensive quality control assistant Cy HipHopp. The 33 year old former database analyst had just joined the Louisville coaching staff this season. An Iowa State University alum and former member of the Iowa State University Cyclone Football “Varsity” marching Band, Coach HipHopp seems to be woefully unqualified for the position. Coach HipHopp made the following statement: “I’ve been playing NCAA Football and Madden since the 90s. I was also at every home game during my ISU career in the marching band during Dan McCarneys best years. I’ve learned a lot from those experiences and I’m ready to take the big challenge.”
    It is believed that the Louisville AD decided on coach HipHopp because they would only have to pay him approximately $50,000, which is what he made as a database analyst previously. They could then pocket the difference and have more money to offer another coach next season. If HipHopp were to actually succeed this season it would be a win/win situation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Lol glad to have ya mate! Lets see if you can run the option as well as your predecessors!

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I will do my best. Coach Strong recruited a good base of athletes for me to work with. Sadly, I don't even know how Louisville ended up in your dynasty last season. I'm going to log on tonight and check it out. I also have to find out what my schedule is for this year.

Sadly, as the Defensive Quality Control Assistant I didn't pay nearly as much attention as I should have. I was in charge of making sure the DC had coffee and check the Louisville Rivals board for recrutiing updates. I kind of just coasted.

It's time to buckle down and do some coaching!

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

On a (somewhat) more serious note.

I'm pumped to be joining the league. I found TSO completely by chance while googling for info on NCAA13. I'm in a much more lax and annoying OD through and Iowa State fan site. Most of them either aren't very good, or are cheesers. They is also almost no action in the Dynasty thread except for by me.

You guys are allowing custom playbooks this season right? Don't worry. Mine isn't anything to crazy. I just like to add some under center stuff and tweak some of the shotgun sets from the ISU playbook. If you want I can post all of my formations here. My defensive playbook is a slightly modified Multiple playbook. I can post that too.

For recruiting I will try to figure out my scholly limit for this year and post it in the recruiting thread as soon as I can. I appologize ahead of time if I ask a lot of questions. I just want to make sure I am doing things within the guidelines of the dynasty.

Please feel free to let me know if I do anything outside the rules. Ever. I want to be a valued member of this community so keep me in line until I learn the ropes.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  6. onaradio34

We are allowing custom playbooks this season and yes, please post the formations. Since you are joining late, I will give you until your week 6 game to finalize your playbook. No changes once you play that game.

Questions are welcomed. This dynasty is largely for new members to learn the rules/regulation/culture of the site. You aren't gonna come in and do everything perfectly, nobody does. The goal is to turn you new guys into premier level members. By next season's release I'd love for all of you guys to have spots in premier leagues. You can ask the vets here, the premier leagues are where its at!!

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good to know. I will get it all ironed out before week 6.

The Premier Leagues seem very intriguing. Hopefully I can make the cut.

I currently know nothing about the Lousiville team other than my QB is good. Hopefully I can get acclimated quickly.

Anyone know when I have user game scheduled? I can plan ahead then.

8. onaradio34

Week 1: UL 34 Kentucky 17
    2: UL 38 Ohio 10
    3: UL 55 FCS East 7
    4: FIU
    5: New Mex State
    6: bye
    7: bye
    8: Rutgers
    9: South Fla
    10: Syracuse (Crumbler81)
    11: Cincy (Jbbubba)
    12: Conneticut
    13: Pitt
    14: Temple (me)

So, 3-0 so far with a win over a rival in UK. Not too bad.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sweet! Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to get home tonight and log on. Can I accept an invite through the dynasty website or do I have to log on through the console?

10. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Welcome!

Hopefully you can help pick up the slack in the Big East lol

11. onaradio34

I'm actually not sure on that. I'll be sending the invite in about 30-40 minutes so just check the wire and see if it will let you.

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Absolutely. We can no longer be referred to as the Big Least!

The computer got me to 3-0 and I plan on keeping it rolling.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

10 - 4 good buddy

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

From what I've read in the recruiting board you should have the Citrus up and running sooner or later.

15. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, this year will be kind of a rebuilding year but we should be competitive after a few seasons.

16. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Got that right...my Cincy defense has imploded so far lol, been playing catchup in all three of my games so far. Guess the Bearcats ain't ready for primetime after all lol

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Well if you sent it already I can confirm that you CAN NOT accept an invite through the dynasty website. I didnt think you'd be able to.

18. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

Welcome big dogg....

19. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Welcome to bump and run!!! @onaradio schedule him for me next year so I can welcome him pac 12 style!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sure man! I'd love to have the Autzen experience. We'll get that place rockin.

• Like Like x 1
  21. onaradio34

Remind me to schedule it next preseason and it will happen!