Lovable Losers

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Jan 31, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have to know if I'm the only one who is in this situation. If you didn't know I love BCS Chaos with all my 'online heart' but I don't win for sh!t in that league. Entering my 11th season in the league and I haven't even sniffed a national or conference title. My best shot was cut short as it came towards the end of NCAA '10 (#2 ranked Tennessee Volunteers 4-0). Hell, I even had a losing season (6-7) mixed in there! I've won about 4-5 conference titles and one national title since I've joined TF but haven't been close in Chaos. It drives me crazy sometimes. If I sweep all my user games I lose to the CPU and if I sweep all my CPU games I wind up losing to a user.

Am I the only one on the site with this type of 'luck'? It really pushes me to succeed in Chaos even more and if I ever do I'm buying myself a big ass trophy and taking a picture with it:). I'm thinking about paying people to throw their user games;).

PS- Please don't respond with the 'TF is not about winning...' BS, management ran out of Golden Stars to give you last week... their on back order:)

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Bondzai is the epitome of lovable loser.

The guy has a TSO award named after him. The Bondzai Sportsmanship Award!

• Like Like x 2
  3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im a loser, but i don't think i would be categorized as lovable... definitely bitter... not much love..

4. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

I think that is more or less why guys(and gals) come to TF in the first place. If you wanted a title every season and etc you could just find some scrub league on the ea board and dominate. Your competitive nature drives you to keep getting after that elusive title from season to season.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

It just makes it so much sweeter when you finally win one.

You have to appreciate the journey though.

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Since NCAA '09 I can probably count my user wins on one hand and believe me I catch hell for it. But it's all in good fun and one of these days I will surprise someone and beat them and it'll be worth it.

I've had 2 really good seasons that come to mind. In NCAA '10, with Michigan in Coast 2 Coast. One of the seasons I won the Big Ten title by finally beating @BDSDIGITAL and his Ohio State team. In NCAA '11, I think it might have been season 2, I went 12-0 in the regular season with Texas. Unfortunately I lost the Big 12 title game to @JrRawlins and then lost my bowl game to finish 12-2.

Edit: I forgot to mention that with my Georgia Tech team in the Deuce for NCAA '10, I had two different 0-12 seasons and a couple of 2-10 seasons. That was brutal. I had to beg :2stars: recruits to come play for me.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

He beat me by 28 or 30 or something ridiculous like that once as well.

I don't feel sorry for Bondzai, he always gives me a good game and I never beat him by more than a score or two.

btw I've went 2-10 before as well...not fun.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My response would be I understand that you want to win in Chaos but you can be happy that you've won one in any league. I would guess there's a lot more guys on here that have never won any league than guys that have won a BCS trophy even once. A lot of those guys would love to win just one, it would be very meaningful and I root for those guys. I remember one particular game I wanted to lose because my opponent was one of these guys who hasn't won and was in the hunt late in the year; but obviously the guy would much rather I beat him than gave him a game, I mean in the end we're all men here.

Still... As a guy who has won nearly as many titles in T1 as anybody (I guess I'd be top 3) I still hate losing anytime. I admire the guys that lose with class because I definitely do not. I say something on the forums that might even make it SEEM like I lost with class, but in reality I went down kicking and screaming, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I am one of the guys who lose a user game everytime not to mention a cpu game every now and then...In Cream of the Crop i can count on one hand how many user wins i have totaled..in all i think i have won 3 or 4 in all my years..yes i get upset about it and sometimes want to throw the controller straight into the TV..but i a guy who can take a L with the best of them which make the rare time that i actually win even sweeter!!!

10. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I win about 75-80% of my user games but I've never even been invited to a conference championship game this year. and I'm okay with that. I play with OU in one league but the guy who dominates the league, @nikpin , plays with Texas and I'm 0-3 against him. My Western Kentucky team hasn't gotten close, nor should they. I'll win one someday.

We have a guy in Hard4Yards that has won maybe 1 or 2 user game in 6 seasons vs an all-user conference, @TheCrumbIsHere But he keeps coming back and I respect the hell out of him for it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Just imagine if you and I played, you as your Huskies, and myself with my Cougs in T1, losing that game would just be horrible

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I lose alot but definitely not lovable.

14. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Until recently I never won a national title and even when I did I had to play the cpu in the championship game so it feels somewhat empty. I beat the #1 and #2 ranked user teams consecutively before that so I don't feel too bad [​IMG]. Before that I made the title game 3 or 4 times through 8 seasons but got blown out by users each time. I felt like I could never get over the hump. I know it isn't an escpecially long time but losing those games made the triumph feel even sweeter.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha... I'm a Coug. Not an alum, I just attended for a couple years. I love the Cougs, but I grew up in Seattle and always kinda liked both teams. I never understood why people had to take sides so very seriously; it's a football game not a war. lol

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You must not have attended WSU for very long, because every Coug I know learns to hate the Huskies. I also grew up as a Husky fan, but slowly had a changed of heart. The way the Huskies fired Don James, just never sat well with me.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I was there long enough to fall in love with the place (two and a half years). I wasn't there long enough to start hating another college for whatever reason (take another guess I suppose). You hate the Huskies because of what happened with Don James? That's the best thing that ever happened for WSU, lol.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    u have your best shot to win it all now and u own me in LOC...

19. DirtycashDylan

I'd like to thank you for this opportunity haha

20. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]

Lost to Griff in a NC game.