Love the new ESPN thing on Xbox Live

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I realize that for anybody who doesn't WANT this thing... That tacking on extra fee per month for the service... It's a total ripoff.

Well I fucking love it, because now I don't even have to record any games that are on ESPN anymore. I can use all my DVR stuff for more local games, CBS college sports games, etc. etc. etc. Watch these anytime during the week. And it looks really nice too. A non-HD game, on Xbox Live, looks better than a Non HD game on cable. Easily.

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

This is huge for me too - as an out of market fan (Syracuse fan living in Seattle), ESPN3.com is huge for me. I watch so many games on the CPU that I will now be able to watch on the big screen. Really looking forward to this!

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've barely scratched the surface but it's amazing. That's what the extra money is for? ESPN aint cheap, that's for sure.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

well to me it's pretty worthwhile. I could literally get rid of my DVR now. hahahaha.... an extra $10/year for this service and whatever else they added, if you're going yearly.

5. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I was really surprised by the ESPN feature...I had no idea it would be so in depth

6. Rob G

Rob G Walk On

how does it work?

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Do they have stuff in HD? Otherwise it = bogus.

8. Gyrene76

i don't think so...i have a hdmi hook up and it wasn't hd...that sucked for me.

Upside is if you just can't watch the game at that time then its right there

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

seemed like hd broadcasts were very hq

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It was HD for me when our campus internet could handle it. Once 10:30 or so hit and everybody got online the quality dropped though.

11. Gyrene76

hmmmm, that's interesting...wonder if the bandwidth has automatic presets as to what video quality plays, or it was just lagging

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's variable quality, that much is certain. If you've watched ESPN3, you know the quality can vary from just o.k. to very good depending on (among other things) other internet downloads, and how long you've been watching the broadcast. I think that this is kind of like that, maybe built on the same technology. (edit: Basically this IS Espn3 on Xbox.... after I looked around a little more). If you've been watching awhile it seems to build up a cache or whatever and improve quality.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I figured out what my issue is: Time Warner. We just got the ability to watch ESPN3 and their provider settings must not be setup in the ESPN application, so I don't have any content.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yep I posted this yesterday. In the city I went to college in, I cursed Comcast daily for not offering soccer channels and was thrilled that Time Warner did. But this whole ESPN dispute with Time Warner is making my blood boil. Give me my ESPN 360 access you fucking nazis!

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

And Helli I hear ya man--People laugh when they come to my house because my DVR stays on 95% full. Almost all of it is football or soccer games that I let pile up. This will be a welcome feature for sure.

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Can you watch any NFL games on it?

18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Cable companies are by definition evil.

I for one am hoping Google TV is the real deal so I can call Comcast and tell them to kindly go fuck themselves.

19. Gyrene76

yeah bro, comcast sucks...but its all i can get