LSU at UT

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

LSU at UT

This was a back and fourth game.

We took an early lead 7-0 on a nice 30 yd catch and run by Bryce Brown.

The teams would exchange punts.

We would kick another FG and lead 10-0 I think.

LSU would mount a fantastic drive and a TD run would cut the lead to 10-7.

This is when our qb who was really solid early started to get a bit rattled or alot rattled.

He played well and moved the team much of the game as UT was able to outgain the Tigers overall, however the Tigers coach calls a really nice game and when we got down inside the tiger 30 we threw two picks and they were costly. We threw four picks in this game and LSU's elder qb was able to limit his mistakes only throwing two picks, makes sense qb with low awr makes a bad throw its a pick, qb with better awr can get away with some bad throws.

We would add a FG to move our lead to 13-7.

This is when LSU started to really dominate the game.

He picked us off and scored a td on a fantastic drive, then after one of our really stupid throws Ryno's RB who is really good hit a hole kicked it into gear and was off and running, lucky for us we have some speed and didnt give up on the play tracking him down inside our 20.

We held to a FG and were down 17-13.

Things were looking really grim as our QB was really struggling. We got sacked and then on a crutial second and long missed a open WR by about 5 yards. On third and 16 from inside our own 20 we went four wides and LSU trying to put us away brought a cb blitz from both sides playing man to man behind it.

Fred "sweet" Alexander would make up for his mistakes and throw a strike right down the middle on a deep post and 6'6 WR Jonathan McGee caught it in stride and wasnt going to be caught. He just got himself more playing time... Suddenly what looked horrible turned around quick and we lead 20-17.

LSU would try and get it going on the first down, we hit his qb and the ball went str8 up in the air, our OLB caught it and returned it 20 yds to put us up 10.

Knoxville was going crazy and after a last ditch LSU drive turned over on downs we escape with a 27-17 win.

For our next user games we hope to get Xavier Stephens back, but overall Fred Alexander held up well finishing out the Georgia game, winning at Bama and a home W over LSU mixed in with a cpu game or two. We are ok at QB and dont feel like we are dead anymore if Stephens leaves or gets hurt again.

GG Ryno.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

man, i will find every way to lose a game... Rusty is always tough form me. His teams always seem so physical up front. He dominated early, it took me awhile (as usual) to adjust and get the ship righted.

I felt like i called a good second half, and put myself in the position to win, but i can never seem to nail down the win... always in position... no results. Not sure how much longer Baton Rouge can handle this....

good summary and gg.