LSU Game Summaries: 2011 Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 24, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

LSU Game Summaries: 2011 Season

Game summaries will be posted in here shortly.

2. controllerabuser

Week 1

La Tech @ #10 LSU

Instate Louisiana Tech comes into Death Valley looking to pull an upset. Boy, they had another thing coming.

1st Quarter
    Lennon Creer, Bulldogs starting half back, dislocates his shoulder on the first possession of the ball game. Proving that this defense would be tough all game long. However, the La Tech offense would march down the field only to be stopped short and forced to kick a field goal.

We would come back with a field goal of our own. Jordan Jefferson hooks up with Terrance Toliver in the corner of the end zone but was ruled out of bounds.

3-3

2nd Quarter
    The LSU defense would force a 4th & 24 on the next La Tech possession.

Jefferson & Toliver would connect for a 57 yard score on 3rd & 3.
    [YOUTUBE]q-nNOKXa_sE[/YOUTUBE]

Another 3 and out from the La Tech offense.

Jefferson would then get his 2nd touchdown of the game as he found TC McCartney in the back of the end zone on a 3rd & goal PA pass with 41 seconds left.
    [YOUTUBE]YVtstLTNBLQ[/YOUTUBE]

HALFTIME 17-3

3rd Quarter
    Toliver would snatch his 2nd touchdown catch of the game on a 47 yard lob to the sideline.

4th Quarter
    LSU placekicker Lambert would nail a 47 yarder to put the Tigers on top 27-3.

Subs would go in around 4:50 remaining.

Key Player Stats

Passing
    Jordan Jefferson 10-15 191 3TD
    Russell Shepard 1-1 15

Rushing
    Michael Ford 17-95
    Cory Causey 7-30
    Jordan Jefferson 2-24
    Doug Castillo 1-9

Receiving
    Terrance Toliver 5-141 2TD
    Michael Ford 2-14
    Morris Claiborne 1-15
    Lonnie Warren 1-18
    TC McCartney 1-4 1TD
    Chris Tolliver 1-14

Key Stat
    La Tech Total Offense- 111 yards

Final Score:
    LSU 27
    La Tech 3

Pointing to the SEC defenses, we are coming for you!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

3. controllerabuser

Week 3

TERRELLE PRYOR, WELCOME TO DEATH VALLEY!

(2-0) Ohio State @ #9 (1-0) LSU

1st Quarter
    On T.P.'s 1st offensive possession in Death Valley, he throws an early game changing interception. Ryan Baker, a senior ROLB sets the tone as he gets tackled inside tOSU's territory. Jordan Jefferson would capitalize on great field position hitting a wide open Michael Ford on a blitz by the Buckeye defense. 7-0

2nd Quarter
    tOSU would get on the board with a FG around 3:36 left in the half. Jordan Jefferson would mount a nice answer as he finished the drive with a 20 yard strike to Doug Castillo. It was 3rd & 19 inside the 30, that lead to a 14-3 Tiger edge capping a drive that included 11 plays for 77 yards taking off 3:03 of clock.

3rd Quarter
    LSU would force a FG after being stopped themselves. 14-6

Michael Ford puts LSU up 21-6 after catches of 35 & 24 by Terrance Toliver.

In the 4th, LSU would stuff a 4th & 3 that ultimately finished the Buckeyes for good.

LSU Key Player Stats

Passing
    Jordan Jefferson 11-13 160 2TD

Rushing
    Michael Ford 17-48 1TD
    Corey Causey 7-25

Receiving
    Terrance Toliver 7-125
    Michael Ford 2-10 1TD
    Doug Castillo 1-20 1TD

Final Score:
    LSU 24
    tOSU 6

4. controllerabuser

Week 4

#9 LSU @ #16 WVU
    Big time game as LSU marches in to take on another tough opponent. If anything, the Tiger offense showed it can play. After being stifled most of the 1st half, LSU came out in the 2nd half and figured out the defense. The 3-3-5 just didn't work how it was intended to.

1st Quarter
    After rushing 4 times for 19 yards, West Virginia starting half back Mark Rodgers goes down for the game. Coley White throws a 15 yard slant to Terrance Moore for a 7-0 lead.

2nd Quarter
    Corey Causey finds the end zone for LSU as Ford was out with back spasms. 7-7

WVU hits a FG for a 10-7 lead.

Terrance Toliver grabs a beautiful ball thrown by Jefferson in the back of the endzone. 14-10
    [YOUTUBE]rNyKtYu1i9w[/YOUTUBE]
    WV's White throws an interception trying to score before halftime.

Toliver, "a big time game breaker" is just too much for the Mountaineer defense as he breaks 2 tackles to paydirt.

3rd Quarter
    Tavon Austin scores on a 5 yard run to get it to 21-17 LSU

West Virginia would then grab a pitch on an LSU option play.

4th Quarter
    LSU's defense would come up huge, mounting a defensive storm. West Virginia would run only 5 plays for 10 measly yards and a FG to bring it to 21-20 LSU.
    Play Of The Game:
    Huge 3rd & 8, LSU gambles, and goes deep to Terrance Toliver as he hauls in a 45 yard 1st down inside WVU redzone.
    [YOUTUBE]Teq-rmXVUGY[/YOUTUBE]
    Jefferson lets it fly as he connects with Lonnie Warren, putting the Tigers on top 28-20 with 4:31 left.

Matt Lambert, LSU's placekicker seals the deal with a 33 yard field goal to bring it to 31-20 after a 9 play 49 yard drive that took 3 minutes off the clock.

Final Score:
    LSU 31
    WVU 20

LSU Key Player Stats

Passing
    Jordan Jefferson 13-17 264 3TD
    [​IMG]
    Rushing
    Michael Ford 20-75

Receiving
    Terrance Toliver 7-186 2TD
    [​IMG]
    Lonnie Warren 2-31 1TD

Defensive
    Kevin Minter 15 TACK 5TFL

Next Up: @ Mississippi State(Mr2Bits08)

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice work

6. controllerabuser

Week 5

[​IMG]

#8 LSU @ Mississippi State

Huge win for the LSU Tigers. Facing adversity for the 1st time in this young year, the Tigers mounted a comeback win in a timely fashion. Despite 2 fumbles, one a returned touchdown and the other on a kick off, the Tigers managed to out gain their Bulldog counterparts. Nasty athleticism was displayed by both teams in this one. LSU just had the final breaks to get the "W". The Tigers welcome the much hated Florida Gators next week in what could be a preview of the SEC championship.

Jordan Jefferson 19-23 294 3TD 1INT

Michael Ford 18-101 1TD

Terrance Toliver 8-170 2TD
    Doug Castillo 3-58 1TD

Kevin Minter 11 TACK 2TFL

Final Score:
    LSU 31
    Miss State 27

Some Stats
    LSU had 3 TO's
    LSU had 389 yards on offense to Miss State's 180.
    LSU had 552 total yards to Miss State's 286.

7. controllerabuser

Week 6

[​IMG]

#1 Florida Gators @ #7 LSU Tigers

In a huge test for both teams, the Tigers would slip past the Gators in this one to make a statement for the rest of the SEC. In what could be the preview of this year's SEC Championship title game, proved to be worthy of nothing less than stunning. LSU came out and did what it game planned for. That was to keep the Gator offense off the field. To capitalize off mistakes by UF and in turn not make any themselves. I think we did a great job of moving the ball. I was actually surprised how well we passed on 3rd downs and throughout the game. The momentum clearly changed in favor of the Tigers for good when Jordan Jefferson made a change at the line on 3rd down. He opted to go to Toliver on a slant because he noticed 1 on 1 man coverage. What he didn't expect was for Terrance to take it to the house. A 74 yarder would put the Tigers up 20-3 on the opening 2nd half possession.

Look out for the Gators, a couple mistakes and this game could have been in the hands of sdid22. He is a great coach and I love playing against him.

A big game for the LSU season, as we had 12 players in all attending this one.

Final Score:
    LSU 30
    UF 24

Key Player Stats
    Passing
    Jordan Jefferson 15-16 242 1TD 0 Sacks

Rushing
    Michael Ford 20-90 2TD
    Jordan Jefferson 6-32

Receiving
    Terrance Toliver 5-124 1TD
    Michael Ford 4-18
    Doug Castillo 2-44
    Lonnie Warren 2-35
    TC McCartney 2-21

Defensive
    Kevin Minter 11 TACK 2TFL 1INT

Up Next: vs Kentucky

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice win

9. controllerabuser

Week 7

Kentucky @ #2 LSU
    1st Quarter
    Jordan Jefferson throws his 2nd interception of the year, forcing it to Terrance Toliver, after LSU stripped UK's half back. LSU would get an interception on the UK possession but Jefferson makes his second mistake of the game. Tigers turn the ball over again on pitch into the hands of UK.

UK gets a FG with 1:38 left in the 1st.

Terrance Toliver breaks off a 105 yard return on the ensuing kick off, 7-3.
    [YOUTUBE]qgPIER1Bzl0[/YOUTUBE]

2nd Quarter
    Terrance Toliver hooks up with Jefferson for a 27 yard score. 14-3
    [YOUTUBE]sns4GrTpA1I[/YOUTUBE]

3rd Quarter
    TC McCartney puts LSU up 21-3 with a 10 yard reception.
    [YOUTUBE]D_McN9_bTnI[/YOUTUBE]

LSU's defense breaks but doesn't bend forcing a FG, 21-6. We would then answer back with our own 3 points, 24-6.

Doug Castillo closes the door shut with a 51 yard TD reception, 31-6.
    [YOUTUBE]MAraxh00bjg[/YOUTUBE]

4th Quarter
    Starters sit down, subs come in to start the 4th.

LSU Key Player Stats:

Jordan Jefferson 18-25 267 3TD 1INT

Michael Ford 11-32
    Corey Causey 9-50

Terrance Toliver 8-111 1TD
    Doug Castillo 4-93 1TD
    Michael Ford 2-12
    TC McCartney 2-19 1TD

Kentucky Statistics:
    3rd Down Conversions- 1-10
    Total Offense- 156 yards
    First Downs- 7

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Look out for the Tigers....can't wait for Tennessee v the Tigers

11. controllerabuser

Week 8

Narrow Escape

The #2 Tigers flirt with disaster against rival Auburn.

In what could be classified as a "trap game" almost proved to be a disaster for the #2 team in the nation. Coming into the game, I knew it would be tough, as rivalry games are always harder. Their defense came ready, blitzing and sacking Jefferson. No time to throw equaled sacks and 1 interception before being injured for the game in the second quarter with a mild concussion. The LSU Tigers had to turn to an inexperienced Russell Shepard, who was asked simply to not turn the ball over. He did throw for 92 yards on only 6 completions. With the lacklustered offense in a daze the points had to come from somewhere. Rueben Randle returned not 1 but 2 kick offs to put the Tigers on top.

LSU will have to prepare hard in practice this week if they want to stay undefeated. No doubt coach cimmy24 will be looking to ruin our season.

Final Score:
    LSU 27
    Auburn 22

Passing
    Jordan Jefferson 6-10 77 1INT (Injured for game before half)
    Russell Shepard 6-8 92

Rushing
    Michael Ford 20-70 2TD

Receiving
    Terrance Toliver 8-116
    Michael Ford 2-11
    TC McCartney 1-15
    Michael Claiborne 1-27

Defensive
    Kevin Minter 11 TACK 2TFL 1 SACK

Kick Return
    Rueben Randle 3 KR- 219 yards 2TD

12. controllerabuser

Week 9

#1 LSU @ Tennessee

[​IMG]

LSU came into this game looking to escape to Alabama undefeated. They did just that. The offense clicked on all cylinders and the defense came to play. Hats off to coach cimmy for playing with a 100 degree temp, I wouldn't have. Good luck on the final stretch of games.

1st Quarter
    LSU gambles on 4th down. Instead of going for the original playcall, a chip shot field goal, coach CA calls a T.O. and brings the offense back on the field. Jefferson, trying to not turn it over, runs it in for a 7-0 Tiger lead.
    [YOUTUBE]SCMD_31wYgc[/YOUTUBE]

UT would march down the field to tie the game at 7.

2nd Quarter
    LSU elects to for it on 4th & goal at the 2 yard line. Coach figured it would put a dent in the crowd atmosphere as UT had just manhandled the Tiger Defense on the previous possession. The fullback rumbles in for the score, 14-7.

Tennessee's QB Michael Rozier gets hit and the ball flops out of his hands, Patrick Peterson, LSU's Senior CB makes the play for the Tigers intercepting the pass. LSU would then tack on a field goal for the 17-7 lead.

Tennessee would try to get a score before halftime but the Tiger defense stood strong forcing a punt.

LSU would go for the knockout as Jordan Jefferson hits his favorite target Terrance "I got it!" Toliver. LSU takes a commanding 24-7 lead going into the half.
    [YOUTUBE]MFgTWLJFJxI[/YOUTUBE]

3rd Quarter
    LSU would score one more time to make sure a comeback wasn't instore.

Final Score
    LSU 34
    UT 7

Jordan Jefferson 14-16 201 2TD

Michael Ford 26-115
    Corey Causey 14-60

Terrance Toliver 5-113 1TD
    Chris Tolliver 5-40 1TD

Next Up: @ Alabama

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

GG, those 2 first half 4th down conversions hurt...4th and 3 from my 40 really hurt....

14. controllerabuser

That was a dumb call. I totally panicked and forced it to Toliver, hoping he would make the play and he did. Good game though, I am sure you will pick things up around Tennessee and compete soon.

15. controllerabuser

Week 10

#1 LSU @ #5 Alabama

LSU made too many turnovers. Ryty's boys came to play. They really shut me down. I didn't time to do things I normally like to do. I couldn't run the ball. The cards weren't in it for me today. Jordan Jefferson threw more picks in this one game than he has all year, 4. A crushing defeat but I wouldn't have it any other way, what a classy guy to lose to. Terrance Toliver had a monster day and it could have been better.

The biggest moments had to be the play I threw to Toliver wide open and deep, he hit the ball out of the air with one hand to grab it. That has to be the best catch I have ever seen on this video game.

Unfortunately, ryty countered it. I thought he was going to come out conservative and run the ball. He threw it deep left. I blitzed the corner and the state of Louisiana, leaving that side open. Of course, he caught it and scored to take the lead. I came back out trying to get the lead quickly being down by 3. I knew I had to score because he would get the ball last. Well, a throw to Toliver in the flats and the worst play of the season for him ended up being a fumble. Alabama picks it up and gets down to the 5. I knew it was over then.

I am making a statement now, Terrance Toliver should be in 1st place in the Heisman race and if he plays this way till the end of the year, there is no way in hell anybody should beat him.

GREAT GAME RYTY, GOOD LUCK BUDDY!

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

:violin:

17. controllerabuser

:monkeybutt:

18. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Here is the video of the catch. Unfortunately, the angle doesn't show how far he had to run to get to the ball....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LHvwwsCKVM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LHvwwsCKVM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And....unfortunately, the turning point -

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5L4bP683EOM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5L4bP683EOM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

19. controllerabuser

Rivalry Game

#6 LSU @ #21 Ole Miss

LSU comes into this game looking for some sort of answer from last week's loss. After being up 28-0 in the 1st half, the team let their guard down and Ole Miss scored 20 straight points. The offense played well as usual and the defense did a so-so job. At first they were dominating but then in the 2nd half of the game they fluttered. LSU loses their starting running back Michael Ford, for the season. Not a huge loss but nonetheless it is a loss to lose a starter, Corey Causey will step into the starting role.

20. controllerabuser

Battle for the Golden Boot

Arkansas @ #6 LSU

LSU remains with 1 loss in the SEC as it dominated the Hogs today. The offense sputtered but was able to get enough to get the win. Doug Castillo, Toliver's replacement for next season had a breakout game. I believe 3 catches for 77 yards and 2 TD's. Toliver was held in check for the 2nd week in a row unable to get 100 yards receiving.

Final Score:
    LSU 35
    Arkansas 13

21. controllerabuser

Battle for the Tiger Rag

Tulane 34 @ #7 LSU 49

LSU comes into this game looking to close out the 2011 season with only 1 loss. Well, the trap/rivalry game almost got us. The CPU wanted nothing but to stop us dead in our tracks. We finally got some stops in the 2nd half and were able to fend off the Green Wave. Very dissapointed with this win. The defense was dominated by a below average squad. I think it was the AI worped but who knows. Toliver had a huge day. Not only did he contribute on the receving end, he was deadly in the return game.