LSU game summaries year 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU game summaries year 2

Year 2 of the LSU dynasty started off in style with GT visiting baton rouge. After a 17-3 restart with LSU leading, this game began with LSU leading 14-0 in the first quarter. This lead went to 21-0, then 21-7 on a fumble return for a td by GT... and then that's where LSU's defense stopped GT the rest of the game. The LSU running game played fantastic and the defense made every play you could ask for.

Coach Milo loved the aggression shown by the defense and feels that it's LSU's conference to lose. Good game to g-unit for sticking in and being a good sport. The final score was 48-7 LSU with a big win to open the season.

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU traveled to Cincinnati and of course as with every lsu game, it was raining outside. We started out with a strong stop on defense, then with the first play from scrimmage my halfback fumbles the ball (on normal run mode) and cinci then scores from that 3 yards out, 7-0 cinci. After that, i fumbled the ball twice on the next posession and then got sacked by unblocked linebackers (coverage was perfect). At the end of the first, 7-0 cinci with me fumbling the ball 4 times. The second half went better, 14-7 at the half for LSU. After that, i got called for holding about 3-4 times on the next possession and had to punt. I kept the pressure on when i was on defense and eventually got the lead up to 31-14. Cinci then throws the ball up for grabs, my defender is perfectly there for the pick, the reciever then runs underneath him catches the ball and then shakes him off somehow and runs 60 yards for a td. They then recover an onside kick and i stop them on that drive. Final score 41-20 for LSU.

CPU cheesing in full effect, thankfully i was able to pull it out.

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The replay of the cincinatti game was perhaps the best game i've ever played in a college football game. LSU came out strong with the running game and was unstoppable the whole game. Both quarterbacks were a combined 11-11 in passing, jordan jefferson had 42 yards rushing and the other 2 backs had a combined 250 yards rushing. This wasn't the most amazing part though...

The LSU defense held Cincinnati to TWO first downs the whole game. The first one came with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter on a 3rd and 2 pass into coverage. 5 sacks were recorded between the two defensive ends. We roll on into week 3 and await bama in week 4. GEAUX tigers. 45-0

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

wow, nice big time win shadow. that's domination right there

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

thanks man, lsu is no joke this year i'm tellin ya, scary stuff

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

vandy is gunning for the tigers.... :D

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

# 4 LSU vs # 8 Alabama (Instant Classic)

This game will go down as one of the all time classics. Smace played an incredible game on defense and deserves so much credit in this game. In all the times i've played you smace, this was 50x better man. Onto the game recap...

In the first half, it was a complete defensive struggle. LSU only managed 7 points to take the lead going into halftime... 7-0. In the third quarter, Alabama came a bit more alive. They drove for a field goal, then picked off a pass in amazing fashion and then threw a 40 yard bomb to a fat tight end in the end zone for a td. Onto the fourth quarter now... 10-7 Alabama leads. LSU drives down by pulling teeth and settles for a FG to tie the game. Alabama is held on the next posession and LSU gets the ball back. Another drive finds LSU on the Alabama 40 with 2 minutes left... 3rd and 2. HOLDING!, The call results in me having to punt.

Alabama then throws a pass to the flat and the WR breaks two tackles and gets to the LSU 30 with 1:30 left in the game. The LSU faithful are stunned at death valley seeing their dream season coming to an end. Alabama then runs left off tackle and Mark Ingram gets hit so hard that it looked like he got hit by sniper fire. BALLS LOOSE... FUMBLEEEEEEEEE, LSU recovers and runs it 70 yards back for a TD. An alabama pick sealed the game on the next possession, 17-10 LSU survives a war. Amazing game.

When Coach Milo of LSU was asked after the game about his thoughts... he said the game of football is a crazy one. One minute you are staring at the face of defeat, the next it's 80 thousand fans screaming on a runback... you just never quit. Such a good game seemed only fitting to have such a memorable ending. I'm sure next year if we face that Alabama team again we might not get the good bounce we got today.

8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Where the hell are the highlights....??????????

This summary stinks with no highlights!!!!!!!!!!!

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

This dynasty for some reason won't let me take highlights... i base this off of last year, dunno if this changed for this year.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Great game.

The key players to me was your punter and FB.
    I had to start at least 3 or 4 drives inside my 15.

we have only played 2 other times in games that meant something in good dynasties.

1) was the bama vs Georgia game that you were up 19-3 and i had a 4th and 5 at the 10 with 10 secs left in the 3rd qrt and i pulled it out the win 26-19

2)the other was when you got your revenge in that same dynasty in the sec champ two seasons later when i was 2 time defendind SEC champ and final ly ranked #1 on the way to the bcs game.

I told hoodlum you would be surprised because i have thrown at least 3 games against you. The N Texas game, the Oklahoma game, right off the top.

We are in too many dynasties together. I choose which ones i break out certain strategies.I use different style teams but you always have a fast team with a running Qb. I cant let you practice on my defense in games that dont mean as much.
    not saying completely throw i did try to execute, but i hadn't used the playbook i will use against you, or called the plays i would in a big game, in those lower dynasties. Matter of fact in our last three games i have used balanced offensive playbook and the team defensive playbook so i can throw alot of stuff at you. Lets just say i didnt use those now.

My QB were rattled again from the start, Death valley can do that to a Sophmore, add bad field position, so i had to play it safe and not run what i would have liked.

This game has more to do with the players on your team and how fast they are, way more than the user you play. Alot of you guys play the user. One dynasty is totaly different from the other if you have different teams. Hell T2Exprees might be the best player here but he has the worst team. I play the team knowing the user will call the plays.

It was a good game have 2 SEC losses but its still a long season.
    I didnt even discuss how bad the CPU cheesed in the FLA game. I had control the whole game and the switch flicked on in the second half. I had over 125 yds rushing 200 yds passing. nothing after the first possession of the third qrt. It was so bad i could not run a play. It was either a sack, a drop, or a bad throw. Adaptive AI would not let me run anymore, I had 6 turnovers by the start of the fourth ( 3 fumbles) and still was winning.

The key stat to see the cheese level I had 11 missed passes that were not drops or deflected by the defense. The cpu had 3. Meaning guys were open and the throw did not go to the receiver at all. (The drops, one stopped me from stretching a 14-6 lead, the other was a first and goal type play late in the game)
    All three third down conversions by the cpu was in the late third qrt / fourth QRT

had about 8 pop up wounded ducks and FLA caught 3. I knew they were coming and was even spaming the throw to the back and i still could not get a throw off. I Had J Jones(CPU controlled spectacular catch animation) catch one pop up, that turned a third and one inside the 10 to a third and 6.

11. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

We are in plenty of dynasties together, this year and last. I had no idea you took such an approach in terms of saving stuff for other dynasties' more important games. I did notice you played alot better today though. It was I think a matter of field position as you said and trying to keep from making mistakes. The Mistake that nearly cost me the game was the holding call (only 1 of 2 in the game for me of all times to have it) which ended up giving you back the ball. It could have gone either way though. Hey that's why i like having you in dynasties though because you always are an interesting play.

What stinks is that i lost my starting QB on that third replay of week 2 against cincinnati for 10 weeks. I literally just have russel sheppard and no one else backing him up but a redshirt athlete turned qb.

12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Man i should have turned on the big hit strategy to cause some pain to your qb. JK

Again The only game i didn't try to win was the N Texas game. I scored in like 4 plays and you punted in the first possessions in the 1st qrt and turned everything off and i used plays i have never used since. That was because that SEC championship was the next advance in the other dynasty.

Some of the guys might say that is cheap, but i play for the goals of conf championships and all of my dynasties are all related in a way and have a rank of importance. I will not give up a game plan with a 4-2 team, i can save for a top ten team fighting for the bcs title. Hate if you want, but if not for a fumble and a weaving and cutting 77 yd return in the last 45 seconds it woked eactly how i planned and caught him off guard.

You won every other game against me with me trying. I just tried with decoy game plans. Hell i had sam bradford running the wishbone with that bad oline we got in the oklahoma game.. I thought you would have figure that out. I was about to retire from that dynasty before since it was dying that but i waited till a few weeks after to retire.

Because of the flaws in the game you can beat any defense regardless of the players on your team.
    Its systems that can contain a specific system.

me and cp3 were in alot of dynasties together and in most cases the same conf, so it became clear after we played each other what worked, and what the money plays are against each other.
    we had a 12-9 game, a 10-7 game, a 14-10 game, a 16-14 game. We had like 5 games in a row go down to the last play of the game. and those were on wide open NCAA 09.
    The big eye opener was we had a 31 to 33 game he won with Ole miss vs oregon st on a FG as time expired. What had worked in all the other games didnt work with those teams and we were guessing all game long because we changed up, and the money plays were different.
    It takes most of the game to find the plays that work against a new team playing a defense you don't know is coming. With someone like you, you like to run a lot of the same stuff in all your dynasties because your teams are the same type of offensive team, you just execute very well and call lots of audibles.

The defense can also call audibles and i caught you with a late change after your motion, and my freshman DB drops the pick. I save those for a big play. You do it too much and the surprise factor is gone. the db was sitting right there and should have made the play..
    After running into that defense you will find ways to beat it. The advantage is i have better players to run it in this dynasty, and it leaves things you dont use as much, as the weakness.
    Point being i saved that defense for a big game like this game, and it worked but the results didn't come through. I should have protected the ball. Ingram always fumbles.
    I wanted to get in the middle of the field on first down and i was passing on second down and i think you might have been caught off guard. Quick slant to Julio Jones. I have a 1 star freshman kicker. I was at the 26 but a 43 yd field goal in a hostile stadium by a freshman is the last thing i wanted to accept.
    If i still had my all-American kicker, i would have FB dived and made you spend your timeouts and kicked it from there and take my chances.

One of the confirmations to this strategy of hiding your game plan was the even team tournament I ran last year. A lot of guys didn't do well because they had to adjust to avg teams with no real speed on offense or defense. They needed to change up their style and money plays, but they didn't. those who did moved on.

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah i thought i was pretty in depth with how i run things with strategies... i see i dont touch what you do haha. It does seem to work though, it came down to a holding call and then that fumble. My strategies across the dynasties pretty much remains the same. I changed my playbook and learned a new system in the off-season because last year I played lsu's playbook... didn't audible and was easily taken out of the game in my losses. This year i run a system across all my dynasties... it just requires a decently quick QB (75+) and preferably a good/very good HB. If i get these 2 5 star QB and HB tandem to sign with me next week I'll be set for years to come. The Qb is a 5 star scrambler and william johnson (HB i think) is a 5 star speedster in which i have to battle GT for. Both were at our game this week.

My thing is to adjust at the line to what i see the defense doing. Obviously i'm not gonna say what caused me trouble in this game so others don't do the same... but it was pretty unique seeing that. It's basically about adjustments and staying calm. These 2 things will win you so many user games just by themselves.

14. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

After a long off spell the tigers went to vandy to take on t2express and his commodores. A much anticipated matchup turned ugly in a hurry, but not due to the play of t2express. There was simply too much talent and speed on the field to matchup with. Vandy put together a few good drives in the first half but a few ended with picks or a punt. LSU took control early with a 28-0 lead at the half before subbing in the 3rd string redshirt QB (1st qb is injured for 8 weeks). Jack Dean (QB)'s job was to hand the ball off all of 2nd half and he did a nice job. The defense played great and the final score was 49-0 with lsu killing off the clock at the end. Good game t2, don't read too much into it... another year of recruiting and you'll be there. Lost my starting RB in this game as well... thats my first options at QB and RB gone for an extended period. I have just redshirts backing up murphy at RB till ford gets back.

15. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU brushes aside #1 florida 45-10 in the swamp. LSU gets their revenge over last years 24-7 loss and will waltz through their next three games until the big showdown with ole miss in death valley.

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU beats auburn 35-14, bye week next week... bring on ole miss in a few weeks.

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Another week, another destruction. 73-0 against tulane. Waiting for ole miss in the big game in 2 weeks.

18. Iron Mickey

73-0....

come on dude.....lol

We obviously need to make the sliders more difficult for 2011.

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Perhaps but i mean... this defense is pretty good. I've held the human opponents to about 5 points per game on average i believe over 3 games

20. smace767

smace767 Walk On

The sliders seem ok.

The 73-0 score is because of 2 main principles. The thing to the score is his team is better than tulane and should blow them out.

The first is you have to be trying to score 73. In most cases, teams would put the second sting in at 42-0. Call off all pressure and run vanilla type offense and defense at 56-0(dive plays and iso's), and put the last guys on the roster in in the 4th qrt. From a coaches point of view its bad business, if you blitz or throw deep when you lead by 42, no matter at what point in the game you score 42. The scoring summary would tell the effort made to run the score.

The AI has issues we all know. Unless the AI cheats which it does often and i will explain later, you can run money plays with motion and audibles. ratings dont mater, impact players will dominate regardless of ratings. A lower rated impact player will still beat a higher rated regular player most of the time. Once a qb moves the AI is a mess. Shadow plays with running QB's who roll and throw.

Shadow plays the AI weakness and if you are not prepared and anticipate, you r done. You have to have players good enough and fast enough to some what matchup, and you have to hide what u are doing because he will know how to beat things if you just sit there in a base defense.

AI cheat- I play sim style play calling. i look at ratings and attack my strength vs the other teams weakest point. regardless of human or cpu. What drives me crazy is when i call a play that covers a point on the field and the play goes right there. Impact players can make plays and beat great defense sometimes. But what the AI does, and i have seen it almost every time i get scored on is make your players dumb. It will move your player out of position for no reason so it can make a play. I have seen this every game all game. If the cpu wants to make a play and it does, look at your instant replay.

I have seen my 4 deep zone in the end zone, all drop all the way out of the endzone even though i press the coverage, so the cpu can complete the pass on third and goal.

I have seen my impact SR LB move out of the middle of the field 4 steps away from were the cpu wants to throw a slant.

seen safeties run to the sideline, when the are in two deep so the cpu can get the throw in even though i have used the safeties play the inside audible.

90 rated lb, run away from a run coming to his side.

on rare occasions the cpu makes great catches or throws lead passes which is how it should be. Make the cpu / AI play great. Don't make my players dumb or move them away from their assignments so plays can be made in their area.

you can user control to a point but you still have no control over the other 10 guys, and the cpu will throw and move someone else. Its really bad with rivalry games. if you have good cb's and blitz all game you can beat the ai cheat. because eventually you will get a pick.

playing Madden makes this games flaws stand out even more. Madden is not perfect and some of the flaws are exaggerated as far as how bad or unrealistic they are, but zone coverage is better. The patch should have helped with a few man to man flaws. But the key factor and feeling is in madden if you call a defense to take away something, its taken away and the AI wont move you out of position to make a play.

When you guys play and the cpu makes a play check out the replay and and most cases your guy moved out of the way so the play can be made. It has really killed the fun of this game.

21. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I agree, the computer never makes any adjustments and keeps making the same mistakes over and over. I can literally call any play against them and just look for the weakness which i know will be there and run/pass toward it. Against smace it's always a chess match in figuring out what's happening before the play (where games are won and lost) but against others and the cpu it's very straightforward.

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The LSU defense gets back to back shutouts, shutting out Tennessee this time 35-0. With a 28-0 score at the half, i ran out the clock to just finish the game. I'm really looking forward to next weeks challenge in ole miss.

23. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Check the game thread in the forum for the summary to the ole miss game.

24. Iron Mickey

Any vid's?

25. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Not from me, i wasn't in much of a mood to take some after the game. If ole miss took some then that'd be your best bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.