LSU game summaries year 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU game summaries year 3

Well i'd have highlights of this game but for some reason ea isn't letting me upload them at the moment.

LSU came into Georgia Tech's house and played lights out in the first quarter. The lead was built up to around 16-0 i believe at one point. Then in the third quarter while up 26-13 and LSU driving... the game changed. Jordan Jefferson didn't put enough air on the ball to his reciever who woulda had a touchdown, and it became a pick 6. Then again on the next drive, another incredible pick 6. Now with LSU down 29-26 and GT has the ball... what happens? LSU picks it off and runs it back for a TD!. No no wait.... not with our luck. There's a holding call apparently and the ball is brought back to the 40 yard line. Well this drive takes about 2 minutes off the clock and ends with a terrance toliver td pass in the end zone for a 33-29 lead. This lead would hold as the LSU D coordinator kept seeing the same play for most of the game. The GT HB would start in the shotgun formation and line up as a reciever then. As he crosses the field, the LB would never press him so it was an easy slant for a first down. Well LSU decided to drop the Right defensive end into pass coverage to cover this slant, and it worked to perfection. A 4th down stop led to a bigtime LSU win on the road.

After the game coach shadow was asked his opinion on the performance.

" We still have a ways to go in terms of putting a team away, too many FG's in the first half instead of TD's. The two pick sixes were unfortunate but all in all the defense played very well. Our biggest adjustment was running Jordan Jefferson more when Georgia Tech kept dropping into zones to prevent the passing attack. With all the open space on the field and no QB spying from Tech, it was pretty simple to move the ball down the field.We had to adjust to a few things but all in all, we moved it down field well and shot ourselves in the foot as well. Once we eliminate the latter, this can be a very good football team. "

coach after seeing 2 straight pick sixes amount to 15 points = [​IMG]

coach shadow after seeing tolliver catch the go ahead td = [​IMG]

And after every user win this year... the traditional [​IMG]

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

congrats on the opening week win. man i cant wait for my game tomorrow.

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU goes home to play Houston and really comes hard. 48-0 in a game that was 7-0 in the middle of the second quarter. Then we exploded to make it 24-0 at the half, and the backups played the rest of the way. True Freshman william johnson rushed for 19 carries and 160 yards as he felt like he was gliding with the new sliders. Michael Ford rushed for 16 carries and 70 yards as the starter. Next week is a bye as the team prepares for Florida State in week 4.

4. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU faced off with Florida State in an absolute thriller at night in death valley. Jordan Jeffersons first pass was intercepted by a FSU db that phased through my receiver in order to pick it. FSU firmly puts it in the end zone for a 7-0 lead. LSU bounced back by driving down and kicking a field goal. Well... very next posession FSU option pitches out and breaks a 70 yard run for a td. Here's the highlight...

[youtube]8W-bhrJFsNI[/youtube]

14-3 FSU. Now LSU is really against it. So we drive down the field and score a td in dramatic fashion. 14-10. FSU would come back though with a passing game that i've never seen before quality wise... 21-10 FSU. I score with about 2 minutes left to bring it back to 21-17. Well FSU before the half runs it back and kicks a fg with time running out. 24-17 at the half for FSU.

Now in the lockerroom, LSU's defense was getting chewed out and a different gameplan was adopted. Zone blitz the heck out of em and see how Trude can handle that instead of man coverage. This move turned out to be the difference in maybe the BCS title race. LSU comes out and holds FSU to a field goal on the opening drive of the second half. 27-17. LSU then scores on a great pass by jordan jefferson to Micheal ford in the end zone... 27-24 FSU. Now... here's where the game changed on FSU's next possession. This play happened...

[youtube]CvVdJA-9vWY[/youtube]

Peterson runs it back for 6!. On the next drive, LSU picks another one off and proceeds to punch it in again! The zone blitzing scheme is really paying off. Now.. the scores 41-27 in favor of LSU. It would stay this way as FSU was held to 3 points in the second half. LSU picked the ball off and was running down the sideline on the last play but decided to step out before reaching the endzone. 41-27 final score.

Simply a thriller at night in death valley, great game to trude. Unstoppable first half passing game.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

gg best of luck.

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU goes into ole miss this year for it's grudge match and plays it's best game in dynasty history. Ole Miss was held to 56 yards and never crossed the 40 yard line, as LSU won 41-0. 2 more games and then it's the SEC title game against the winner of vandy vs bama

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

After what happened in the SEC title game, lsu went out to face a&m. The game started out great, 21-0 at the end of the first. Then all of a sudden during a play the game slows down to a crawl and then freezes entirely. I'll just sim it because who cares.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Finally getting a chance to post the SEC title game stats, LSU came out with -26 offensive yards, 1 first down and 0 points. Alabama came out with 27 pooints, 11 first downs and about 319 yards.

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

OMG thats aweful.....where the hell is smace with a summary and highlights? I want to see his end of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.